“Sunny Sunny Isles”

Trump International Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I loved the local on Sunny Isles. I had been in south beach since August 25th and we moved to this hotel on August 31st and stayed until September 4th. The staff was very helpful and considerated. I really enjoyed the beach and the pool area. It was during the labor day holiday, wo the pool area was crowded with alot to kids. It still was nice. The location is a little ways up from South Beach but they do have transportation that takes you there and there's a bus that takes you there and drop you in front of hotel. So I was able to see a little sightseeing in the area. Bal Harbour Mall and Adventura Mall is close for us women who like to shop. The whole experience there was nice. However, I requested late check out because we had a night flight and was on given 1 hr over the 11:00 am checkout. And to stay for a few more hours was extemely costly. I thought because we were checking out on a Tuesday that maybe they could extend checkout time to at least 2:00 pm. So we left there and returned to another hotel in South Beach where we stayed for 5 days before checking into Trump. I still would visit them again. Oh, the bed and pillows were not comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This 4 star hotel is extremely well located on Sunny Isles beach...I would say that the location is the strongest point here.

As a returning customer for the last 10 years, I can really say that this hotel needs a real refurbishment and not the refurbishment they did .... in stead of renewing the rooms they opted for the elevators and breakfast restaurant ... what a strange idea?????

My room was dusty, full of small ants everywhere, the lock of the room wasn't working, the closet sliding doors were going out of the rails constantly, the safe was so small that almost nothing fits inside, the shower door didn't close completely, and there was a horrible smell in the room .... mattress wasn't comfortable at all, although pillows were OK.

A good point is the service, the personnel at the front desk are very kind and helpful, as well as all the waiters, valet parking, bellboys, and the staff at the pool, they really try the best of themselves to make your stay as good as possible....

In resume, for more than 320 USD per night I really expected a better room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

A girlfriend and I stayed at the Trump over July 4th Weekend for 5 days. We wanted to chill, sunbath and relax, and when the weather allowed it that is exactly what we did. The hotel was perfect for this. Lovely pool area, lovely beach. Amazingly helpful and friendly staff. Fantastic spa services. We had massages and a body wrap and we thoroughly enjoyed all. Our room was large with two queen beds, a spacious bathroom with separate bath and shower, a kitchenette and a balcony. Very comfortable beds. The hotel room and bathroom could definitely do with some modernisation, It was fine, no problems and very do able but I think it is time for a face lift, if they are to stay competitive.

There is a free shuttle bus that has a schedule taking you to South Beach, Aventura Mall (around the corner) and Bal Harbour shops which is handy. If you want to party and be in South Beach this is not the hotel for you. It is about 20-30mins taxi/bus ride. The hotel is mainly families yet is not overrun with screaming children. It has a nice calm relaxed atmosphere.

The room service is yummy, and very quick and breakfast buffet great.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank CamLovesSun
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in December 2011. We opted for a deluxe studio room, which consisted of two double beds a table and chairs, a small kitchen area and a largish bathroom. Our room was situated on a high floor and the view from our balcony was stunning. The rooms aren’t as plush as the Trump in Chicago but if the rate is good and the location works for you, I recommend giving it a try for a couple of nights.
Overall the Staff proved to be friendly, knowledgeable and polite. The pool was clean, there was entertainment at the pool area in the afternoon and it is definitely a family orientated resort.
We only ate Breakfast in the hotel and although expensive ($25.00 pp) the quality of food and service were high. If this doesn’t work for you, there is a small outdoor shopping mall opposite which includes a bakery and Denny’s is located just a few blocks away. The hotel also provided a free shuttle to South Beach and a couple of the high end Malls in the area. This saved us quite a bit on cab fare especially the South Beach run.
Would I return? Yes as long as the price is right.

Room Tip: Request a high floor for stunning views
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Barnes33
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed for three nights at the Trump International Beach Resort for a conference. While the beach was great, I expected much more from a Trump property marketed as a "resort." If I had been there for a vacation, I would have been extremely disappointed by the hotel and its long distance from the Miami Beach attractions and restaurants. The rooms were nice and had either an ocean view or a bay view if you looked beyond the strip mall and Walgreens across the street. The pool was very small for the size of the hotel. I guess I expected some grand entrance with high ceilings. What they had was extremely small in comparison to the grand hotels in which I have stayed in Chicago, Dallas, New York, or California. The conference facilities were more than adequate and the pool side bar had a great view of the beach and ocean. The highlight of my stay was literally bumping into Rod Stewart as I exited the elevator. He was in town on tour with Stevie Nicks and was staying at the hotel. For the price, I believe that there are much better choices which are closer to the action of Miami Beach.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room with an ocean and beach view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My partner and I checked in on Sunday, 8/26- for 4 nights. The first 2 days we expect storm like conditions due to the Hurricane threatening South Florida. We hear the final 2 days of our stay we'll be likely to get some sun and little rain. So far, so good! Came in on a much earlier flight from LGA to MIA than we arranged for, due to major cancellations. So, having arrived at Trump Miami at 10am as opposed to 4pm - you'd think we'd be stranded w/o lodging for sometime, but that wasn't the case. They had a room ready for us when we arrived, with no problem. The hotel staff offered a 25% discount to the Spa, and Complimentary coffee/sodas/sweets in the Fusion Lounge bet. 11am-6pm. We don't have access to the Pools/Beach til Tuesday but we are just grateful to be here. We feel safe on this property, ate a delicious buffet breakfast at Neomi's (on-site restaurant), and have been enjoying the room/pins coladas thus far! Affordable dining options just across the street, and a Liquor store! Tomorrow we'll get pedicures across the street. Trump Miami is a great/clean establishment. Come only if you have a bit of money to spare, and are willing to make the best of it. I've read horrible reviews, and honestly, I feel like miserable people say miserable things. That is all! -M. Dupiton

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank MostEliteLady
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I was visiting for a wedding and chose the Trump for its location. It was a pleasant hotel for the purposes but I'm not sure I'd go just for a vacation. The pool was crowded and I was unable to find a place to sit. More chairs are needed!

A few other things that were just okay:
The closet door was broken.
Apparently there is a free shuttle to South Beach, but I had no idea.
Even after I commented to the concierge that I had no idea of the amenities or a room service menu, none was provided.
No one enforced the no smoking policy at the pool in the evening.

That said, my room was clean and spacious. It was extremely comfortable. The bar in the lobby had both excellent drinks and excellent service.

• Stayed: August 2012
Sole on the Ocean
Sole on the Ocean
#4 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Be...
#1 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Newport Beachside Hotel and Reso...
#6 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Doubletree Resort & Spa by Hilton Ocean Point - North Miami Beach

Been to Trump International Beach Resort? Share your experiences!