WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Marenas Beach Resort

Marenas Beach Resort
“Wonderful anniversary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

We came down for our anniversary and we were well taken care of! Teresa is the best waitress in the restaurant! And Joe who sells the chairs outside is a wonderful man. We rented a cabana on the beach for a two day deal right in front if our hotel and he was great! We will most certainly come back again! They helped make our five year anniversary the best yet!!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for choosing Marenas Beach Resort to spend your 5th Anniversary. Both Joe and Teresa do a spectacular job for our guests. We will definitely let them know how they helped make your anniversary stay even more special. As a note, Marenas Beach Resort has just completed several improvements to the property which include: new carpeting, a new waterfall feature at the pool , and a new theme for our new " M" Bar.

We hope to once again have the opportunity to welcome you back to Marenas Beach Resort.

Dan McDermott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed in Ocean front penthouse with sweeping views of the water, jetted Jacuzzi, lounge chairs, covered table with chairs and couch set-up all on the terrace. Down side was hotel next door is taller so no real privacy on the terrace. Rooms were spacious, kitchen arrangement was complete with all appliances and stocked with paper towels, dishes and coffee/tea. The master bath was large but could update the shower heads. Large screen TV's equipped with Blu Ray and overhead projection. There is a well equipped weight room and a separate cardiovascular gym. The indoor bar service was great and the hotel restaurant food was good. Very scenic eating outdoors overlooking the beach and ocean. The maid service was terrific. Parking is expensive and a car is a must if wish to see the area sites. Rated as 4 star boutique hotel but if can upgrade to ocean front, the view and ambiance definitely give it a 5 star flair.

Room Tip: ocean front
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Marenas Beach Resort with the Trip Advisor audience. In particular, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed our Ocean Front Penthouse experience. The Penthouse offers unique Ocean Front luxury accomodations within the friendly & comfortable setting of Marenas Beach Resort. We will be certain to share your feedback with our entire team of service professionals as we do with all Trip Advisor Reviews.

We look forward to your next visit to beautiful Marenas Beach Resort.

Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

After reading the review I was hesitant about staying here. We went on a couples trip for memorial weekend and stayed here for 6 days. We booked the Two bedroom oceanfront suite. I would like to say thank you to housekeeping for cleaning up daily and doing a great job. Valet was always quick no matter how busy they were. And the front desk thanks for ever thing being their with smiling faces. Overall a 5 star resort .Keep up the good work EVERY ONE good job.

Room Tip: Book ocean view ..Also pay the little extra fee to stay on the higher floors . Best View ever!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Teandre S
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for sharing your great experience at Marenas Beach Resort with the Trip Advisor community. And, yes, it is sometimes hard to know whether to stay at a Resort after reading some of the negative reviews which every property gets at one time or another. In your case, I am truly happy you chose to look beyond some of the tough feedback we get sometimes, and have a truly enjoyable holiday weekend. While not perfect, our staff does a tremendous job at Marenas of helping our guests to feel welcome and at home at our beautiful resort. We continue to make improvements to the property with new carpeting in all of our guest rooms and upgrades to our Pool area and public areas. Marenas will only be better in the coming weeks!

We look forward to your next visit to Marenas Beach Resort.

Thank you for being our guest.

New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Enjoyed stay at Marenas; staff was uniformly friendly and helpful, both at the desk and on the beach. Breakfast was easy and included in rate package booked. Lucked out with room upgrade on check-in to a suite overlooking ocean. Location easy access to variety of restaurants within easy walk.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank H M
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review about your recent stay at Marenas Beach Resort in beautiful, Sunny Isles Beach. Our staff takes great pride and care to ensure our guests have a memorable experience. We will be certain to share your review with our entire team as it is truly rewarding to read such a nice testament to the service they provide. Again, thank you for sharing your experience.

We look forward to your next visit to Marenas Beach Resort.

Thank you for being our guest.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed at the resort several weeks ago for a short vacation. Which was great - Joe and his team took excellent care of me out on the beach and Carlos at the pool bar was exceptional with his quality of service to resort patrons. The bar food was also delicious!

My only complaint goes to the crooks they have working their valet. Its a shame that these people are the first faces you see as you enter the property. During my stay, I was set to go out for a night out on south beach. While waiting for my car I hear a huge "BOOM"...my BMW had been crashed into a wall! ($9,400 worth of damages) The valet attendant didn't say a word to me. No apologies. The valet supervisor did not know proper protocol for this kind of scenario and had to call his boss for step by step instructions. This completely ruined my night and the rest of my stay at hotel causing me to cut my trip short a day. The following morning there was still no manager on site for the valet and nobody knew what they were doing - i left for breakfast and advised them to figure it out by the time I got back. Already not trusting anybody who works for that company i called the police and had them meet me at the property to write a police report. While on property my issues were NOT resolved. Monday comes around and I called US Parking's main office multiple times asking for somebody to speak to in regards to my accident and leaving live voice messages to their secretary. No call back. Tuesday I finally get in contact with someone after finally loosing my patience and raising my voice! Operations manager Shawn Remmer for the company did not want to involve their insurance company in the accident and suggested paying out of pocket. (which I didn't care,just wanted my car fixed). Asked me to get 3 different estimates for my car repairs and would cut me a check and provide a rental, Great! No i forgot i was dealing with crooks. Once he received the estimates he said he wouldn't be paying for new parts since my car was used and that his adjuster didn't agree to the estimates on a car that was in perfect conditions before being placed in their hand. Also that he wouldn't be paying for my rental while shop waits for parts etc. After not getting anything accomplished with this company I decided to go through MY insurance, pay $1000 deductible and risk my premium being raised due to their negligence.

Point is - Its a SHAME that such a beautiful property has such crooks greeting their patrons and them not taking responsibility for their actions! BBB has this company graded as "F". They have no valid accreditation. On Yelp they are categorized as "Miami Mafia". A 4 and half star resort should have a company of equal reputation parking their cars.

And to top this all off...I was still charged the valet fee for my stay.

Make sure to have the valet attendant circle and identify each and every scratch on your car before you accept the valet ticket and check into your hotel room, because chances are they wont take responsibility for them.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Ricky C
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Marenas Beach Resort with Trip Advisor. While we are very happy to hear about your experience with the hotel, we are most disappointed about your Valet Parking experience with our parking vendor, US Parking. We have forwarded your review to US Parking's senior management to review. Should you wish to contact them directly, you can reach Art Evans via email: AEvans@U-S-parking.com. US Parking has always been responsive in the past.

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to once again welcome you back to Marenas, hopefully without the Valet Parking challenges.

Yours in hospitality,

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

The shower and toilet did not work and I checked out of this hotel after trying for 4 days to get toilet unblocked. I have never been treated so disrespectfully as I was by Lewis at the front desk. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kim C
We are truly sorry to hear about your negative experience. This is definitely not typical of the type of experience offered at our property. Without a great deal of detail, it is not easy to identify the specifics of what went wrong. As a note, the property is going through a property refresh which includes ongoing preventative for the guest rooms.

Again, we offer our sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Love this hotel for the beach. It is a very nice beach but the best part is the service you receive while on the beach. We were down from Michigan during Spring Break and were taken care of by Joe Muniz. He was so courteous and attentive to our family. As a matter of fact, he was so friendly, kind and helpful that when we left that day it was my young son who said "we should go write some nice comments for him on-line." So I asked for his business card specifically so that I could put up this review about him.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank CorpPlanner_11
Once again, Joe Muniz and his crew on the beach have created a lasting memory! Thank you for sharing your experience with Joe and his team. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your Spring Break trip to Marenas Beach Resort and were able to enjoy our beautiful beach and property.

We look forward to once again having the opportunity to welcome you back to Marenas Beach Resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort
Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort
#5 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,039 reviews
Margaritaville Beach Resort
Trump International Beach Resort
Trump International Beach Resort
#3 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,014 reviews
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Be...
#1 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Marenas Beach Resort? Share your experiences!