“Clean and Modern” 5 of 5 bubbles

Marenas Beach Resort
St. George, Utah
“Clean and Modern”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed one night in July with our family.
The hotel feels brand new.
Very classy and serene with no one rushing around. The beach is beautiful with free lawn chairs and umbrella. The food was excellent and not pricy.
Walking distance to a large grocery store.
Poolside bar with nice music playing.
You wont go wrong with this choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Kenneth P
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Marenas Beach Resort and Spa with Trip Advisor. As you mention, Marenas Resort is located in the heart of South Florida which allows our guests to enjoy the warm sun, relaxing beaches, and great shopping. We thank you for recognizing the modern and casual elegance of the resort. We look forward to your next visit.

Thank you for being our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed there for 8 days. So as soon as I arrived, I had to pay 50 dollars per night so I paid 400 dollars.

When I left the hotel, my bill was 254.41 dollars... but they never returned the money ($145,59)

I had talked several times by phone, and I wrote at least 10-12 mails to Gabriela Serhan or Jonell Aponte but they never gave me a solution. I want my money back!!!!

I'm truly dissapointed, and I recommend you to stay away from this hotel... At Sunny Isles Beach there are many hotels like this one, just choose another one. If you go to the cheapest B+B hotel in Miami, I'm sure that you won't have this problem.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank bulls_1978
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your billing issue. I can assure you that we no one at the resort has stolen your money.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly so I may be able to expedite the resolution of your billing issue. Direct Line: 305 503 6037 or via emai: DMcDermott@MarenasResort.com

Thank you for being our guest, I look forward to resolving your issue.
Miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here because we wanted to try a new hotel in the area and online, it looked nice and was well situated.

We were expecting a 4 star property. This is was not. Upon check in at 4, our room was not ready for at least a half an hour. The pool was over-run with kids, and there was no room to swim and the pool looked rather disgusting with sand all over the place and not kept up.

Our room had a hole in the door, the bathroom had a clogged sink, the furniture was stained. The bathroom looked like that of a Holiday Inn. The bed itself was fine, and the kitchen was a redeeming feature.

The hallways were all scuffed up. The carpets were fine, but the walls everywhere (doors too) looked all beat up and uncared for.

The restaurant breakfast was pretty mediocre at best. Breakfast buffet was overpriced, we opted to do the menu and the food was better.

If you are looking for a property that is mediocre, this hotel will meet your expectations. If you are looking for more, check out some of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Miamiheat1
Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear you did not have a stellar experience. Our staff takes great pride and care to ensure our guests have an enjoyable visit. The summer is a very busy month for the property which does cater to families and kids. We will be certain to share your comments with our Engineering and Food & Beverage team so we can continue to work to improve the property for our future guests.

Again, I am truly sorry you didn't have a great experience. Should you desire to reach out to me directly to review your experience, you may reach me directly at 305 503 6037. I will work to regain your patronage.

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was in Aventura for business and my company booked Marenas Resort for myself and co-workers as they were having a sale on their rates. Stayed in a king bay view (standard) room with a balcony that did offer an ocean view.

The room itself is very small, but was adequate for 1-person. I think the bathroom was almost the same SF as the sleeping area. The room was basic, but had a safe (which was inoperable due to someone locking it and the hotel not clearing it prior to my stay), a small desk, a small closet area, and the doors to the balcony. The bathroom had a shower/tub combo with potentially the worst shower head I have ever encountered (only half of it worked which offered more of a misting than a real shower). That being said, the room and bathroom were clean and I was not spending much time there other than to sleep/shower. I did have a problem with my room key/door and the security staff quickly remedied the problem.

The bed was comfortable, I slept great.

The front desk is very pleasant and the buffet breakfast was decent, albeit overpriced. Their restaurant seating area did offer some views of the water which was nice. The bar area is very drab. We had dinner there one evening to discuss work and the food was good, however the service was insanely slow - so don't have dinner there if you don't want to a) pay a premium and b) have 2+ hours to sit.

All in all the hotel was fine for my 2-night business stay but not somewhere I would want to stay if I was on vacation and/or planning on spending much time inside. It is RIGHT on the beach which is pretty stellar, so if you're just looking for a hotel to crash at while you're out and about it might work. Also, valet parking was $10.

I will say that I forgot my iPhone/iPad charger in the room and called the hotel from the airport, they located the charger and set it aside for a co-worker to pick up in my absence which was nice. I declined having them mail it as they quoted me $28 to send it to NYC (no thanks!).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank architecta
We appreciate the feedback you shared on Trip Advisor regarding your recent business trip to the area. Our classic guest rooms do not have quite the space and comfort of our One Bedroom Suites, but are generally a good option for a quick stay. We have just recently renovated our bar area to improve the overall experience. As well, I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff so we can review ways to improve for our future guests.

Again, thank you for important feedback.

New Haven, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I just returned from my second stay at the Marenas Resort. I cannot speak highly enough about the service received, from the moment we arrived, early in the day when we were welcomed by the valet and offered our room early (with a complimentary upgrade) to the end of the stay when we sadly said our goodbyes. Mario at the valet, Herman at the pool bar, Monica at the Charcoal Lounge, Joe on the beach, everyone was so wonderful to us. I would definitely return and definitely recommend the stay to friends.

Room Tip: We had opted for a basic room however were upgraded to the one bedroom suite. On the previous trip...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Talia F
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Marenas Beach Resort and Spa with Trip Advisor. It is great to hear how our staff was able to provide you with not only an upgrade, but also with the great service you would expect from a Personal Luxury Resort. We will be certain to share your important feedback with our staff as we do with all Trip Advisor Reviews.

We look forward to your next visit.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Located in Sunny Isles, this beachfront high rise condo hotel with stunning views, full kitchens, and spacious rooms is good value for money. The Valet Parking of $27 per night is high but in range of similar hotels in Miami Beach. The Breakfast Buffet is ok, nothing amazing, however service is courteous. The hotel could do with some renovations. Overall great location for shopping and family getaway.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for recognizing Marenas Beach Resort and Spa as a great place to be with your family. The extra space of our condominium suites and our full size kitchens allow families to spread out and enjoy all the benefits of home. As you mention, there is always room for improvement. Marenas Resort continues to upgrade not only the public areas of the resort, but also the hotel condominium suites which will be receiving soft goods renovations in the coming months.

We look forward to your next visit to Marenas Resort.

Santa Barbara, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I think this place is doing the best they can with what they have, but it was just kind of odd. The room that I had was TINY. It reminded me of a small college dorm room or a hostel. It has a very comfortable bed, a large balcony with a view of the ocean and a huge and beautiful bathroom, but the room itself was tiny. It was so small that there was no escaping the light that came pouring in from the hallway because I was sleeping so close to the door. I also could hear the roaring of the air conditioner in the hallway and my neighbors very easily. That said - I actually slept very well, the bed was very comfortable.

Everyone at the hotel was very friendly. I had a delicious dinner at the hotel restaurant (steak, very nice salad, key lime pie) but breakfast was not worth paying for- white wonderbready bread for toast, yogurt, bland eggs, etc.

The beach is very nice and right out the door. The pool was small and sandy, but warm and close to the beach. There were no towels right at the pool- you had to get them from the beach attendant and they weren't open much of the day that I was there. Also there was a constant roar of air conditioners and construction that blocked out any peaceful sounds from the ocean. If you were lying right by the beach you could tune them out but at the pool you almost had to shout to be heard over the noise.

All in all I think it was okay. It certainly isn't a luxury five star resort and if that is what you are expecting you'll need to look elsewhere. It is fine for what it is. I would be upset if I paid too much for the room, but if you get a deal and you want to be on the beach this is a fine place. Bring a mask for the light from the hallway and some ear plugs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for recognizing our friendly staff and enjoyable dinner experience while visiting our resort. We are sorry to hear about your less than great experience in one of our classic guest rooms which are definitely not as spacious as our One Bedroom Suites. It is unusual to hear about the room noise and extra lighting from the hallways, but it will certainly be something to watch for our future guests.

We greatly appreciate your important feedback. We hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort
Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort
#5 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,082 reviews
Margaritaville Beach Resort
Trump International Beach Resort
Trump International Beach Resort
#4 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,099 reviews
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Be...
#1 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Marenas Beach Resort? Share your experiences!