“Wonderful Service!”

Marenas Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I just returned from my second stay at the Marenas Resort. I cannot speak highly enough about the service received, from the moment we arrived, early in the day when we were welcomed by the valet and offered our room early (with a complimentary upgrade) to the end of the stay when we sadly said our goodbyes. Mario at the valet, Herman at the pool bar, Monica at the Charcoal Lounge, Joe on the beach, everyone was so wonderful to us. I would definitely return and definitely recommend the stay to friends.

Room Tip: We had opted for a basic room however were upgraded to the one bedroom suite. On the previous trip...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Talia F
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at Marenas Beach Resort and Spa with Trip Advisor. It is great to hear how our staff was able to provide you with not only an upgrade, but also with the great service you would expect from a Personal Luxury Resort. We will be certain to share your important feedback with our staff as we do with all Trip Advisor Reviews.

We look forward to your next visit.

Thank you for being our guest.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,586)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Located in Sunny Isles, this beachfront high rise condo hotel with stunning views, full kitchens, and spacious rooms is good value for money. The Valet Parking of $27 per night is high but in range of similar hotels in Miami Beach. The Breakfast Buffet is ok, nothing amazing, however service is courteous. The hotel could do with some renovations. Overall great location for shopping and family getaway.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for recognizing Marenas Beach Resort and Spa as a great place to be with your family. The extra space of our condominium suites and our full size kitchens allow families to spread out and enjoy all the benefits of home. As you mention, there is always room for improvement. Marenas Resort continues to upgrade not only the public areas of the resort, but also the hotel condominium suites which will be receiving soft goods renovations in the coming months.

We look forward to your next visit to Marenas Resort.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I think this place is doing the best they can with what they have, but it was just kind of odd. The room that I had was TINY. It reminded me of a small college dorm room or a hostel. It has a very comfortable bed, a large balcony with a view of the ocean and a huge and beautiful bathroom, but the room itself was tiny. It was so small that there was no escaping the light that came pouring in from the hallway because I was sleeping so close to the door. I also could hear the roaring of the air conditioner in the hallway and my neighbors very easily. That said - I actually slept very well, the bed was very comfortable.

Everyone at the hotel was very friendly. I had a delicious dinner at the hotel restaurant (steak, very nice salad, key lime pie) but breakfast was not worth paying for- white wonderbready bread for toast, yogurt, bland eggs, etc.

The beach is very nice and right out the door. The pool was small and sandy, but warm and close to the beach. There were no towels right at the pool- you had to get them from the beach attendant and they weren't open much of the day that I was there. Also there was a constant roar of air conditioners and construction that blocked out any peaceful sounds from the ocean. If you were lying right by the beach you could tune them out but at the pool you almost had to shout to be heard over the noise.

All in all I think it was okay. It certainly isn't a luxury five star resort and if that is what you are expecting you'll need to look elsewhere. It is fine for what it is. I would be upset if I paid too much for the room, but if you get a deal and you want to be on the beach this is a fine place. Bring a mask for the light from the hallway and some ear plugs.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for recognizing our friendly staff and enjoyable dinner experience while visiting our resort. We are sorry to hear about your less than great experience in one of our classic guest rooms which are definitely not as spacious as our One Bedroom Suites. It is unusual to hear about the room noise and extra lighting from the hallways, but it will certainly be something to watch for our future guests.

We greatly appreciate your important feedback. We hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was confused when I checked reviews for this hotel. There were those who thought it was a five star and those who thought it was a one star. I now know why there was such a difference in reviews.

We stayed at the Marenas Resort before and after a cruise. When we arrived for the first stay we were so happy with the suite we were in. It was so nice. The room was clean, nice appliances (including washer/dryer). There was a great view of the ocean (although we also were looking down on a small hotel's roof). There was lots of room. It was like an apartment. I loved it. (4 star stay).

Then we came back. We were given a room just two doors down from the other room. The door was loose on the hinges and a scrape across the paint. We we went in I was immediately aware of an odor. I tracked it to the sofa. Dirty and smelly. The carpet and tiles were worn and not swept well. The counters in kitchen and bath were not clean. (Two star stay). We asked to be moved.

We were given another room that was okay. Just okay. It was somewhere between the first two in quality. (Three star stay).

So, we experienced a wide range of experiences in this resort. I would recommend the hotel. Just be sure you are satisfied with your room. There are apparently lots of choices.

The facilities and staff were outstanding. Very helpful. I would rate them at a four to five star.
The beach was FANTASTIC! Clean, not crowded, nice chairs and umbrellas. The water was stunning.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hunt4702

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visits to Marenas Beach Resort and Spa. We are continuing to improve the overall consistency of our product which includes updating carpet and adding new sofa beds in the coming months. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our staff and the quality of our facilities.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

That is the second time I stay at Marenas. I always choose the two-bedrooms suites ocean front because the view is a plus. The rooms are spacious and clean, the staff is very nice, and the beach is great. If you want to stay in a calm area, in front of the beach, close to pharmacies, restaurants, grocery stores, that's is the place to stay. I would like to thank also Jessika for providing us, on our last stay, one upgrade to the Penthouse ocean front. We really enjoyed it!

Room Tip: If you need 2 rooms take the suite ocean front. It is realy worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for once again staying at Marenas Beach Resort and Spa. An upgrade to our Penthouse is always something to cheer about! Jessika does a great job at the front desk and works extremely hard to be the difference for our guests. As a note, we are further upgrading our Oceanfront Penthouse to include a state of the art Audio Video Experience for our guests in the near future.

We can't wait to have you stay with us again.

Thank you for being our guests.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I visited this resort as a birthday weekend celebration for my boyfriend. We drove from Georgia. Upon arrival, our suite was not ready granted we did arrive about an hour and a half before check in time. The valet took our bags and stored them away for us. The front desk staff was very helpful in finding other things around town for us to do before we checked in to our room. She did in fact, as promised called me to let me know when the room was available. Upon entering our room, we were greeted with a bottle of champagne and some fresh chocolate covered strawberries along with a note to my boyfirend wishing him a happy birthday from the staff. HOW AWESOME!!!!! THEY REMEMBERED!!! He was so excited!!! LOL The suite was immaculate and the bed was the most comfortable. The view of the beach and mariana was breathtaking and we enjoyed every minute of it. The weather was great, No clouds to be seen. We unpacked and went downstairs to the pool, bar and beach. Access to the beach was easy and the drinks were amazing. We had in-room dining the 1st night. The food was ok. I'm sure it could have been seasoned a little more, but overall we enjoyed it. The hotel was great. Housekeeping came every day and cleaned up after us. Very thorough. The elevators didn't take long at all being that we were on the 23rd floor. The valet guys were very attentive, making sure that each of us were strapped in before leaving the parking lot. I felt special. We would reccommend this resort to our friends and the location is great!! Close to everything...Restaurants, malls, and even a short drive to South Beach!!! We'll have to do it again!! Thanks Marenas Beach Resort and Spa!!!

Room Tip: Get a ocean view room. Beautiful view!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Wow! Thank you for your review which you shared with Trip Advisor about your recent visit to Marenas Beach Resort and Spa. Our staff will be ecstatic to hear how they were able to create a special memory for your Boyfriend's birthday weekend. Thank you also for recognizing our location in beautiful Sunny Isles Beach which is just minutes from both Fort Lauderdale and Miami International Airports, Fantastic Shopping, and, of course, South Beach.

We eagerly await your next visit.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed at the Marenas Resort April 11-14, 2013 with 3 friends. We had a One Bedroom Suite. It was very nice and clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. My favorite features of the room were probably the kitchen and the balcony (I'm easy to please). I've been to the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area several times and my only drawback to this hotel was the location. It worked for us because we rented a car, however if you'd like to stay closer to South Beach, this wouldn't be the hotel for you. If you have a car and you don't mind the drive OR if you'd just like to sleep away from all the hustle and bustle of "the strip" this is perfect! It's right on the beach, we had an AMAZING view, it's close to the highway and it's in a nice quiet area. The valet parking was a little slow on this particular weekend, but I'm not sure if its always that way so I won't rate them down because of it. The drivers were very apologetic about the wait for your vehicle and I could tell they were moving as fast as possible. Overall I'd definitely stay here again most likely on a family trip or with my significant other. For a girl's trip I'd rather be closer to or on South Beach next time and then we probably wouldn't even need a car! Great hotel Marenas! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at Marenas Beach Resort and Spa with Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our AMAZING views! Our location in Sunny Isles Beach is perfect if you want to stay away from the traffic and crowds of South Beach, yet Marenas is still close enough to enjoy the nightlife and everything else South Beach has to offer. We are also happy you enjoyed the extra space, the hotel amenities, and the full kitchen.

We look forward to once again having the opportunity to have you stay at Marenas Beach Resort and Spa.