“The good, the bad, and the beautiful!”

Marenas Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was confused when I checked reviews for this hotel. There were those who thought it was a five star and those who thought it was a one star. I now know why there was such a difference in reviews.

We stayed at the Marenas Resort before and after a cruise. When we arrived for the first stay we were so happy with the suite we were in. It was so nice. The room was clean, nice appliances (including washer/dryer). There was a great view of the ocean (although we also were looking down on a small hotel's roof). There was lots of room. It was like an apartment. I loved it. (4 star stay).

Then we came back. We were given a room just two doors down from the other room. The door was loose on the hinges and a scrape across the paint. We we went in I was immediately aware of an odor. I tracked it to the sofa. Dirty and smelly. The carpet and tiles were worn and not swept well. The counters in kitchen and bath were not clean. (Two star stay). We asked to be moved.

We were given another room that was okay. Just okay. It was somewhere between the first two in quality. (Three star stay).

So, we experienced a wide range of experiences in this resort. I would recommend the hotel. Just be sure you are satisfied with your room. There are apparently lots of choices.

The facilities and staff were outstanding. Very helpful. I would rate them at a four to five star.
The beach was FANTASTIC! Clean, not crowded, nice chairs and umbrellas. The water was stunning.

1  Thank hunt4702
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visits to Marenas Beach Resort and Spa. We are continuing to improve the overall consistency of our product which includes updating carpet and adding new sofa beds in the coming months. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our staff and the quality of our facilities.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

That is the second time I stay at Marenas. I always choose the two-bedrooms suites ocean front because the view is a plus. The rooms are spacious and clean, the staff is very nice, and the beach is great. If you want to stay in a calm area, in front of the beach, close to pharmacies, restaurants, grocery stores, that's is the place to stay. I would like to thank also Jessika for providing us, on our last stay, one upgrade to the Penthouse ocean front. We really enjoyed it!

Room Tip: If you need 2 rooms take the suite ocean front. It is realy worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for once again staying at Marenas Beach Resort and Spa. An upgrade to our Penthouse is always something to cheer about! Jessika does a great job at the front desk and works extremely hard to be the difference for our guests. As a note, we are further upgrading our Oceanfront Penthouse to include a state of the art Audio Video Experience for our guests in the near future.

We can't wait to have you stay with us again.

Thank you for being our guests.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I visited this resort as a birthday weekend celebration for my boyfriend. We drove from Georgia. Upon arrival, our suite was not ready granted we did arrive about an hour and a half before check in time. The valet took our bags and stored them away for us. The front desk staff was very helpful in finding other things around town for us to do before we checked in to our room. She did in fact, as promised called me to let me know when the room was available. Upon entering our room, we were greeted with a bottle of champagne and some fresh chocolate covered strawberries along with a note to my boyfirend wishing him a happy birthday from the staff. HOW AWESOME!!!!! THEY REMEMBERED!!! He was so excited!!! LOL The suite was immaculate and the bed was the most comfortable. The view of the beach and mariana was breathtaking and we enjoyed every minute of it. The weather was great, No clouds to be seen. We unpacked and went downstairs to the pool, bar and beach. Access to the beach was easy and the drinks were amazing. We had in-room dining the 1st night. The food was ok. I'm sure it could have been seasoned a little more, but overall we enjoyed it. The hotel was great. Housekeeping came every day and cleaned up after us. Very thorough. The elevators didn't take long at all being that we were on the 23rd floor. The valet guys were very attentive, making sure that each of us were strapped in before leaving the parking lot. I felt special. We would reccommend this resort to our friends and the location is great!! Close to everything...Restaurants, malls, and even a short drive to South Beach!!! We'll have to do it again!! Thanks Marenas Beach Resort and Spa!!!

Room Tip: Get a ocean view room. Beautiful view!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Wow! Thank you for your review which you shared with Trip Advisor about your recent visit to Marenas Beach Resort and Spa. Our staff will be ecstatic to hear how they were able to create a special memory for your Boyfriend's birthday weekend. Thank you also for recognizing our location in beautiful Sunny Isles Beach which is just minutes from both Fort Lauderdale and Miami International Airports, Fantastic Shopping, and, of course, South Beach.

We eagerly await your next visit.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed at the Marenas Resort April 11-14, 2013 with 3 friends. We had a One Bedroom Suite. It was very nice and clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. My favorite features of the room were probably the kitchen and the balcony (I'm easy to please). I've been to the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area several times and my only drawback to this hotel was the location. It worked for us because we rented a car, however if you'd like to stay closer to South Beach, this wouldn't be the hotel for you. If you have a car and you don't mind the drive OR if you'd just like to sleep away from all the hustle and bustle of "the strip" this is perfect! It's right on the beach, we had an AMAZING view, it's close to the highway and it's in a nice quiet area. The valet parking was a little slow on this particular weekend, but I'm not sure if its always that way so I won't rate them down because of it. The drivers were very apologetic about the wait for your vehicle and I could tell they were moving as fast as possible. Overall I'd definitely stay here again most likely on a family trip or with my significant other. For a girl's trip I'd rather be closer to or on South Beach next time and then we probably wouldn't even need a car! Great hotel Marenas! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at Marenas Beach Resort and Spa with Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our AMAZING views! Our location in Sunny Isles Beach is perfect if you want to stay away from the traffic and crowds of South Beach, yet Marenas is still close enough to enjoy the nightlife and everything else South Beach has to offer. We are also happy you enjoyed the extra space, the hotel amenities, and the full kitchen.

We look forward to once again having the opportunity to have you stay at Marenas Beach Resort and Spa.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I highly recommend staying at Marenas. The service is outstanding. The rooms are comfortable and clean. We were going to eat dinner at Caracol restaurant, but there was a wedding reception. The restaurant manager was very accommadating to us, and they delivered dinner to our room. The presentation and quality of the food was superb. The beach attendants had a great sense of humor. I will definetly be returning to the resort and having dinner at there restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

We are happy to hear your Birthday Weekend was a romantic success at Marenas Beach Resort and Spa in beautiful Sunny Isles Beach. Our staff takes great satisfaction in providing a memorable experience for our guests, especially when it is a special occasion such as a birthday. Our Caracol Restaurant is a great venue to enjoy a relaxing meal while enjoying the resort's ocean views.

We thank you for choosing to stay at Marenas Beach Resort and Spa. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I am writing this review to add my independent opinion to the one written previously by Mary Brown. I would like to comment on the response provided by Dan M., the General Manager of the Marenas Resort. Mary's comments regarding the lack of "basic amenities" such as clean towels, toilet paper, hand soap, and a toilet plunger are spot on. I was staying at the condo at the same time as Mary (it was a family trip), and our vacation was negatively affected by the lack of both service and of basic necessities. Nobody wants to have their vacation interrupted by having to run off to Target to get basic necessities. The general manager should be more concerned about the customer service & reputation of the resort, rather than lecturing about how the experience would have been much better if we had rented directly from the resort. Unfortunately, poor service reflects directly on the hotel, regardless of whether you book directly from the resort or go through a private owner. We "did" pay the resort fee, and as such, I expect a certain level of service. As a result of my experience, I would never book this resort again through either a private owner OR through the resort. Why? Because customer service is the name of the game these days, and why go to a resort with questionable service or a mediocre rating, when there are so many other properties to choose from?

This is really too bad, as the resort building itself is quite nice, and the beach is wonderful.

Room Tip: Higher floors are nicer because of the great view. If you believe the Resort General Manager, don...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thank you for your important feedback. We understand you were disappointed in your overall experience and our responses on Trip Advisor are never intended to be a lecture. Unfortunately, as a Condominium Hotel with Private Owner Rentals, we have unique restrictions as to how we can service units outside of the Resort Rental Program. Private Owners generally do a great job in providing service and the basic necessities for their guest stays.

I apologize, due to our unique Rental Structure, you did not receive the service you should have received from one of our Private Units.

Thank you for staying at Marenas Resort.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed for six days at Marenas and my wife and I were very pleased with our stay. The resort is perfectly situated on the ocean side of A1A [Collins Ave.], the structure while not the newest on the beach was clean and well kept. Our one bedroom suite was quite spacious for the two of us and the kitchen was modern with all the amenities. The balcony had a partial ocean view which made for a nice breakfast spot in the morning.

Building aside, it was the gracious and ever-vigilant help of the staff that sealed the deal for this 5 Star review. At each and ever turn, whether it was Jessika at the front desk, Scott of the beach staff, parking valets, or maids, all were eager and happy to lend advice or a helping hand. I particularly wish to single out J.P. the associate manager of the parking crew who offered to bring in his own personal buffing compound to help clean up a scratch on our rental car. Now that's what I call "above and beyond the call of duty"!

Only negatives to be totally objective in this review, was that the AC in our room was a tad loud, the $27/day parking is costly but par for comparable resorts in this area and the well-heated Jacuzzi hot tub had enough chlorine in it that two washes later our bathing suits still smell of chlorine. But these minor complaints can't touch the positive overall experience during our time there.

On a final note, while the non-special rate is a tad pricey we were able to get a nice rate through another travel website and which carried a waiver for the $20/day beach resources [towels/recliners]. And yes, I would definitely return to Marenas in a future trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank james a
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for sharing your important feedback with Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Marenas Beach Resort and Spa. We will definitely share your kind remarks with our parking manager, JP who definitely went the extra mile during your stay. As you mention, Marenas is located in beautiful Sunny Isles Beach which has an ideal location to enjoy the warm South Florida sun.

We hope to welcome you back to Marenas Beach Resort in the future.