“Perfection in Sunny Isles”

Marenas Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stay at Marenas every year in April. Everytime i am there I get treated like a celebrity. The suites are luxurious, the beach is spectacular, and the staff is kind and pleasant. Highly recommend this place to everyone and anyone. See ya in a few weeks!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank SCWormm
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for recognizing Marenas Beach Resort and Spa as the perfect venue to enjoy the South Florida sun. We look forward to your next visit and hope you will enjoy all of our recent improvements to the property.

Thank you for being our guests.

There are newer reviews for Marenas Beach Resort

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very nice Hotel! Big rooms too, ask for ocean-view for example 901A, you will not be disappointed!!! Nice personel especially Jakob, one of the "Bell-Boys" and Jim on the Beach, for him it didn't exist any problem!! Very close to the Publix Supermaket but no so many restaurants in the neighborhood... The bus right outside the Hotell take you straight to the the Aventura Mall in 5 min!!! ***** // The Sweden Family

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank TheSwedenFamily
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review about Marenas Resort with Trip Advisor. Marenas offers an upscale, yet casual resort experience in the heart of the South Florida Sun and Fun. We thank you for recognizing our oversized suites and our standout bellman, Jacob. Jacob is a star performer and makes everyone's stay special.

We look forward to your next visit to Marenas Resort.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed over at this hotel during a conference. The hotel is right next to the seaside, north of Miami. The surroundings are nice, rooms superb ( I did however stayed in a suite)

It is of course on the expensive side, but it is definitely worth it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mj4318
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Marenas Beach Resort and Spa with Trip Advisor. As you mention, our location provides the perfect venue to enjoy the sun and fun of South Florida. Our staff takes great pride in creating a memorable experience for our guests.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were not too fond of the valet parking setup or steep charge with no other option, but it was pretty fast and it is Miami, so... Our room was very small, but we didn't spend too much time in it. We were upgraded to an ocean view which was very nice. The guys out at the beach were nice (especially Joe). Ordered room service a couple times with was pretty good. Biggest complaint...the first day I got there I could smell a faint odor as we got out of the elevator on the 5th floor. But, I'm pregnant so I can smell everything. By the last day, my husband and I had to hold our noses as it smelled as if rotting food was sitting right by the elevators. Not sure if there's a garbage shoot around there, but it was awful!!!! Oh, the shower curtains are useless and the shower head wasn't very powerful. They provided a scale in the bathroom which didn't work. They also had the tv in a cubbie in the closet, so when my husband was getting stuff in the closet, the sliding closet doors covered the tv...not the most ideal setup.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gmarie8338
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor about your experience at our resort. While I am glad to hear our Beach Staff did a great job during your stay, I am truly sorry you had to deal with the some of the items you mention in your review. The items in the hallways have been corrected, and we continue to check the scales in all of the rooms to ensure they are working. As well, please note that our One Bedroom Suites have more room to spread out as compared to our Studio Classic rooms.

Thank you for your important feedback.

We hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've been here two holidays in a row. Kind staff, astonishing views. I,ve been to a one room suite with ocean view with full kitchen, and I may say that it fullfilled all of our expectations.
A must if you want to enjoy Miami with kids. Close to Aventura and the I95, you can enjoy all the fun Miami offers without the crowds.
The pool and the beach service is excelente too.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for sharing your positive review at Marenas Resort with Trip Advisor. As well, thank you for recognizing our kind staff and spectacular views in the heart of Sunny Isles Beach. We look forward to once again having you visit during the holidays.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Excellent location, nice size rooms, good views. That's about all this hotel has going for it.

I just stayed at Marenas with my wife and 3 kids for four days. We arrived a few hours before check-in time. We were told that our room was not ready, but that they would try to have it ready "soon." And that by 4pm,, it would surely be ready. We came back at 4pm and the room was still dirty. The staff at the front desk were not friendly and did not seem at all interested to please.

I decided to stay patient because I really wanted to start off our vacation on a positive note. We end up getting a room a little while later. We arrived at the room and immediately noticed that the room was not clean up to basic hotel standards. It just felt grimy and dusty. Housekeeping simply does not replace items when you run out of them. After day 1, we went through a roll of paper towels. We never saw a paper towel the rest of the trip.

That evening, I requested extra blankets for my kids, so I can set up the very uncomfortable pull-out sofa. It took 3 trips and 2 hours for them to comprehend that I was not asking for someone to help me pull out the sofa; rather all I wanted were extra blankets for my children. They couldn't go to bed for hours until the hotel got a simple request straight.

The Jacuzzi was never hot and the jets were not working at all. The pool, (very small) which was advertised as being heated was rather cold all the time.

I truly feel bad for the staff here. They work extremely long shifts and the hotel is way understaffed. One woman, Joanna seems to be the only one answering calls when you dial in to guest services. Every time I wanted to complain, I bit my tongue because I felt bad for the people working here. I also knew that I would be wasting my breath. I can go on and on about similar instances, but I won't.

The only highlight of Marenas was the beach staff. They were extremely attentive and caring. and always aimed to please.

Plain and simple, this hotel is in dire need of new management. And until then, I will not return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kenneth H
Dan M, Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your less than stellar experience at our property. Our staff takes great pride in the work they do. We apologize that you experienced some of our recent growing pains as we are winding down with some renovation work and property upgrades. We hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you in the future once we have fully integrated our staff into the operation without the challenges of ongoing renovations.

Thank you for being our guests.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I spent two weeks in this fantastic resort. I stayed in apartment 1804 on 18th floor, which I warmly recommend because of its spectacular view: the ocean on the right side and the bay on the left , which we could admire from the living room while having a relaxing meal. It offers plenty of facilities: fully equipped gym, steam bath, sauna, business center with computers and internet connection, wireless connection (free) in each apartment, swimming pool, heated jacuzzi, pool bar, car park, etc. The beach is simply perfect: not too crowded and clean.
Our apartment was really cozy and elegantly furnished with very comfortable beds. Quality of sleep is excellent because, being on 18th floor, it was very quiet. When we arrived we found a selection of fresh fruit, water, coffe and tea waiting for us.
Every place in the resort is very clean and very well looked after.
I couldn't have asked for anything more...

Room Tip: I really liked our apartment (1804) for the view and because it was so quiet and nice
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your Holiday experience at Marenas Resort with Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your Two Week visit to Marenas. Marenas Resort offers a casual, upscale Resort experience in the heart of South Florida. Our entire service team will be happy to hear about your great stay.

We look forward to your next visit.