“Decent experience”

Marenas Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were not too fond of the valet parking setup or steep charge with no other option, but it was pretty fast and it is Miami, so... Our room was very small, but we didn't spend too much time in it. We were upgraded to an ocean view which was very nice. The guys out at the beach were nice (especially Joe). Ordered room service a couple times with was pretty good. Biggest complaint...the first day I got there I could smell a faint odor as we got out of the elevator on the 5th floor. But, I'm pregnant so I can smell everything. By the last day, my husband and I had to hold our noses as it smelled as if rotting food was sitting right by the elevators. Not sure if there's a garbage shoot around there, but it was awful!!!! Oh, the shower curtains are useless and the shower head wasn't very powerful. They provided a scale in the bathroom which didn't work. They also had the tv in a cubbie in the closet, so when my husband was getting stuff in the closet, the sliding closet doors covered the tv...not the most ideal setup.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gmarie8338
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor about your experience at our resort. While I am glad to hear our Beach Staff did a great job during your stay, I am truly sorry you had to deal with the some of the items you mention in your review. The items in the hallways have been corrected, and we continue to check the scales in all of the rooms to ensure they are working. As well, please note that our One Bedroom Suites have more room to spread out as compared to our Studio Classic rooms.

Thank you for your important feedback.

We hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Thank you for being our guest.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,623)

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've been here two holidays in a row. Kind staff, astonishing views. I,ve been to a one room suite with ocean view with full kitchen, and I may say that it fullfilled all of our expectations.
A must if you want to enjoy Miami with kids. Close to Aventura and the I95, you can enjoy all the fun Miami offers without the crowds.
The pool and the beach service is excelente too.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for sharing your positive review at Marenas Resort with Trip Advisor. As well, thank you for recognizing our kind staff and spectacular views in the heart of Sunny Isles Beach. We look forward to once again having you visit during the holidays.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Excellent location, nice size rooms, good views. That's about all this hotel has going for it.

I just stayed at Marenas with my wife and 3 kids for four days. We arrived a few hours before check-in time. We were told that our room was not ready, but that they would try to have it ready "soon." And that by 4pm,, it would surely be ready. We came back at 4pm and the room was still dirty. The staff at the front desk were not friendly and did not seem at all interested to please.

I decided to stay patient because I really wanted to start off our vacation on a positive note. We end up getting a room a little while later. We arrived at the room and immediately noticed that the room was not clean up to basic hotel standards. It just felt grimy and dusty. Housekeeping simply does not replace items when you run out of them. After day 1, we went through a roll of paper towels. We never saw a paper towel the rest of the trip.

That evening, I requested extra blankets for my kids, so I can set up the very uncomfortable pull-out sofa. It took 3 trips and 2 hours for them to comprehend that I was not asking for someone to help me pull out the sofa; rather all I wanted were extra blankets for my children. They couldn't go to bed for hours until the hotel got a simple request straight.

The Jacuzzi was never hot and the jets were not working at all. The pool, (very small) which was advertised as being heated was rather cold all the time.

I truly feel bad for the staff here. They work extremely long shifts and the hotel is way understaffed. One woman, Joanna seems to be the only one answering calls when you dial in to guest services. Every time I wanted to complain, I bit my tongue because I felt bad for the people working here. I also knew that I would be wasting my breath. I can go on and on about similar instances, but I won't.

The only highlight of Marenas was the beach staff. They were extremely attentive and caring. and always aimed to please.

Plain and simple, this hotel is in dire need of new management. And until then, I will not return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kenneth H
Dan M, Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your less than stellar experience at our property. Our staff takes great pride in the work they do. We apologize that you experienced some of our recent growing pains as we are winding down with some renovation work and property upgrades. We hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you in the future once we have fully integrated our staff into the operation without the challenges of ongoing renovations.

Thank you for being our guests.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I spent two weeks in this fantastic resort. I stayed in apartment 1804 on 18th floor, which I warmly recommend because of its spectacular view: the ocean on the right side and the bay on the left , which we could admire from the living room while having a relaxing meal. It offers plenty of facilities: fully equipped gym, steam bath, sauna, business center with computers and internet connection, wireless connection (free) in each apartment, swimming pool, heated jacuzzi, pool bar, car park, etc. The beach is simply perfect: not too crowded and clean.
Our apartment was really cozy and elegantly furnished with very comfortable beds. Quality of sleep is excellent because, being on 18th floor, it was very quiet. When we arrived we found a selection of fresh fruit, water, coffe and tea waiting for us.
Every place in the resort is very clean and very well looked after.
I couldn't have asked for anything more...

Room Tip: I really liked our apartment (1804) for the view and because it was so quiet and nice
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for sharing your Holiday experience at Marenas Resort with Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your Two Week visit to Marenas. Marenas Resort offers a casual, upscale Resort experience in the heart of South Florida. Our entire service team will be happy to hear about your great stay.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Good- fabulous location. On the beach- not across the street, not a short 5 minute walk- but on the beach. Extremely nice, friendly & helpful staff.
Comfortable bed & linens.
Lovely views of bay and ocean, even though room was on west side of building.

Bad- room is small. Poor lighting-only 2 lamps and 1 does not work.
Bathroom is large but not well maintained. Gaps in grouting. Grip is pulled out of the shower wall. Faucet is pulling apart. No robes. Only 2 towels. Carpet seems worn and dirty. Odor in hallway coming from garbage chute. A/C circulates the smelly air. I checked the filter in A/C closet and clearly filter has not been changed in months. No chairs for balcony.

Room Tip: My associate had a jr suite for the same $225 price. He had free breakfast & I did not. This is...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for recognizing Marenas Resort's spectacular location in the heart of South Florida, Sunny Isles Beach. The property does boast great views in almost every room of the property. In regards to your room being in less than ideal condition, we are continually working to ensure these types of deficiencies are rectified quickly so other guests do not have a similar experience.

We look forward to once again having the opportunity to have you visit Marenas Resort and Spa.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Although my stay here was brief, only one night, I can tell this is a place worth re-visiting. The room service options are quite tasty. Their service is promt and accurate and the facilities are beautifully kept and clean. The room has a modern decor, I found it quite funtional in fact. Ther is wifi all over and the view is great. The room itself is rather small, but like I said it's functional and after a while working on the desk and stepping out to the balcony, you kind of forget about it. Bathrooms are quite large though and with available robe makes it quite comfy. Will return with more days to spare.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank consiglieri

Thank you for recognizing the beauty and premier location of Marenas Resort. Marenas Resort offers a unique resort experience in a casual upscale environment. The Resort offers both individual guest rooms for those not requring a lot of space, and Condominium Suites which offer full kitchens and laundry facilities. Whatever your needs are, Marenas Resort and its white sandy beaches provide the perfect getaway. We thank you for recognizing our prompt service and clean facilities.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Arrived to the hotel in November 2012 much too early, no problem, we left our luggage with helpful porter and went to explore after getting info from the great concierge. Arrived back five hours later (and after check in time) was told to take a seat while room was finshed. One and a half hours later were taken to the room.....not happy when we saw it, got porter to take bags back down and asked to speak with Manager( we were very upset by now). Manager very very helpful, asked us to take a seat and offered us a Magarita while another room was prepared. Go up with bags and porter...to find somenone elses bags still in the room. Back down again,speak with Manager (for the second time) she was most apologetic.. Long story short we were put into a fabulous one bedroom apartment for our stay, which made us wish that our time spent there was much longer. We loved our stay, the beach,pool and bar areas very relaxing. The cafe/restaurant staff very pleasant and helpful. The receptionists were welcoming, if overworked. We loved the Marenas Beach Resort,and the location which even without a car is great.(bus stop right outside)
Only two negatives. No.1..the hotel has some rooms and apartments which are privately owned and the standard is not all the same, The room we were first put into was a privately owned one and not satisfactory. No.2. Not enough housekeeping staff, but this seems to be a problem all over Florida.
We would love to go back again.....as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Corner apartments have views of the bay and the beach.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank UKbeachhutter

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Marenas Beach Resort and Spa with Trip Advisor. Although things didn't start out great, I am truly happy to hear our staff was able to take a negative experience and turn it into a positive memory. Our staff does take great pride in creating a memorable experience for all of our guests. As you mention, there are some Private Condominium Units that are rented at the property. The Private Units, are generally in good condition, but on occasion, there may be one that may not be up to the same standards as the Marenas Resort rental units.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
Sole on the Ocean
Sole on the Ocean
#4 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles Beach
Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles ...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#9 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach
Trump International Beach Resort
Trump International Beach Resort
#3 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Newport Beachside Hotel and Reso...
#6 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Marenas Beach Resort? Share your experiences!