I just stayed 3 nights. One Br suite, ocean front (901a). Had 2 full baths, nice kitchen, dining table, king bed and pull out sofa. Wrap around balcony (narrow) to watch sunrise with your coffee. We paid two hund per night which is a very good deal IMO for the area, for January. Had lunch at the restaurant and it was good, but limited menu so didn't repeat. Miami Juice across street had
great fresh, healthy lunch (but pricey...it's Miami!). Staff was great, prompt, friendly. Gym was very good for a hotel.
Things to know:
pool is small and early always shaded (at least in Jan), but beach is 20 steps from hotel and nice and sunny till 3pm. The high rises in this area frequently shade many properties -this is not just an Marenas thing! Rooms -01a, -01b, -10, -09, and -08 are on the south side and will get sun at some part of the day (01's in morning and rest In afternoon). The other rooms face North and I don't see how they would ever be In the sun, so shade lovers pick the north side.
Bar scene does not exist. If you want nightlife, pick another spot. The neighboring properties did not seem to have nightlife either. Also, kitchen has utensils, dishes, pots and pans and appliances. Nothing else...no paper towels, dish cloth, dish soap, etc. just FYI if you plan to use the kitchen. There is a Publix grocery store a block away which is very convenient.
Parking was $27 a day, but again... Know the area...parking at most shopping areas is $6 or so for an hour or two.
Room was minimally appointed (scandinavian style?) but very adequate. Smaller tv in LR, large one in BR, washer dryer, deck chairs on balcony with small table.
Overall, we enjoyed. My rating is largely based on price/value for the area and I feel we got more than our money's worth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated midway between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Marenas Beach Resort enjoys a desirable location on a glorious 2.5 mile stretch of pristine white sand in Florida's French Riviera of Sunny Isles Beach. Combining classic and contemporary styling to make up its design, Marenas offers a combination of rooms and suites each with views of the glistening Atlantic Ocean and Intracoastal Waterways ideal for family retreats or an intimate couple's getaway. As a member of Benchmark's Hotels and Resorts, Personal Luxury collection Marenas is sure to exceed your expectations. In addition, newly redesigned event space to span over 10,000 square feet of flexible indoor and outdoor function areas with breath taking panoramic views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Marenas Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marenas Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Meridien Sunny Isles Beach
- Le Meridien Sunny Isles Beach
- Sunny Isles Beach Meridien
- Sunny Isles Beach Le Meridien
- Marenas Beach Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach