“Love it”

Marenas Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
“Love it”
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Love the room felt like i was back home...love the view the second best moon rise after Santorini...love the balcony....love the breakfast....tha staff was very polite...we stay for 3 nights on our honeymoon...it was the first stop from our road trip and i must say it was the best first impresion..

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Gaby S, Front Office Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
We are so happy to hear that you loved our hotel! Thank you very much for your nice comments about our staff - they take great pride in what they do. I will make sure that the team knows the impression that they made and impact they had on your stay. We are also very happy that you shared your honeymoon with us. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Milton, Georgia
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Arrived weekend of Labor day for a 3 days stay. Upon arriving (early) the gentleman at the front desk said he would check to see if the room was ready (2brm oceanfront). He indicted it would be a few minutes and if we didn't mind waiting. I indicated no problem. I stepped back from counter and Gabby the manager walked up to him and I overheard her say something to the effect that He (the front desk clerk) wasn't to go check on the room as Housekeeping was to do this. This on the surface didn't seem to bad but what concerned me was her nasty tone (with the front desk clerk). I decided to sit down for lunch and walked over to the restaurant and the gentleman at the hostess stand said we could take any seat. So we walked to a seat close to the windows facing the beach. A person (assumed he worked in the rest.) came up after we sat down and asked what were we doing? We said waiting to be served. He said who seated you. We pointed to the guy at the hostess stand. He didn't say anything and walked away, this was strange on the least and a bit rude. The waitress was nice enough and we enjoyed our lunch. After we were informed the room was ready and went up. The hall to the room was very dark (for the middle of the day) and when we walked in we were appalled at the state of the room. The windows had hand prints all over them. The kitchen had bits of food that hadn't been wiped up and the furniture was worn and staind. We decided at that moment to vacate the room and ask for our money back as the attitude of the staff and the state of the that room were one in the same (Not good). I asked to speak to the manager and Gabby came up and I asked for my money back explaining why. She didn't hesitate and apologized. Will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank goliathtn
Gaby S, Front Office Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
We value your business and regret that it was not what you expected. Your comments will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service. We have addressed the concerns with our Food and Beverage Team as well as our Housekeeping team and can assure you that this will not happen again. Thank you for taking your personal time to share your feedback. I sincerely apologize on behalf of our team for any negative impression we’ve made.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Upon check in on Sunday they were serving brunch which is in the main area of the hotel. Along with brunch they had a DJ playing loud bopping music. The pool out back was small but the beach was nice. Upon entering our room we had to put one suitcase in te bathroom as it was the same size as the room with bed w/o furniture. The view from the balcony was excellent and was much needed space. The staff was friendly however I felt sorry for them having to cover for the short comings of the facilities.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking your personal time to share your feedback. I sincerely apologize on behalf of our team for any negative impression we’ve made when you checked in with the DJ playing. Your comments are being discussed with our food and beverage management as we continue to make improvements and explore our areas of opportunity for our guests’ overall experience. I will make sure that our staff knows that they left a good impression. We hope that you will give us another opportunity if you are ever in Sunny Isles, FL.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We spent a long weekend at this resort for our anniversary. The manager Gabriela and her staff are amazing, very professional and provide excellent hospitality so they ensured that we had a wonderful time for our anniversary at their resort. And we did. We have only the best words to say about Gabriela as a manager and how she managed the resort and her staff.

From our travels we have learned that a manager sets the tone for the entire staff and this is what we experienced here also. The staff and their professionalism reflects their very courteous and professional manager Gabriela. She cares not only for the resort, but also for the guests so they spend a fantastic time and enjoy Marenas.

Everyone was wonderful however we have to mention by name Melvin (front desk), John (supervisor), Joe (beach), Alex (restaurant manager) and everyone else made sure that we have an enjoyable stay and relax at their resort.

When we notified the front desk that we needed (iron, table for the balcony, candles) the service was prompt. Our room was fantastic and the views from the balcony were amazing (sea, sunrise, sunset). The bed was comfortable and we liked the cozy linens very much. The kitchen, washer and dryer and everything was a great amenity and things were designed with taste and were modern. Our entire suite was really hip.

People worked very hard to keep the resort clean and everyone was very friendly. The food was tasty - we had the Sunday brunch and also had lunches from the beach bar. The beach/sea in front of the resort was fantastic and the weather was fabulous, so we really enjoyed not only the high-standard hospitality that Gabriela and her staff offered; and our suite, the resort and the amenities, but also the beautiful nature of Florida.

Thank you Gabriela and everyone at Marenas Resort. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gaby S, Front Office Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
We are so happy to hear that you loved our hotel! Thank you very much for your nice comments about our staff - they take great pride in what they do. I will make sure that the team knows the impression that they made and impact they had on your stay. We are also very happy that you were able to take advantage of the sun while you were with us. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have stayed at several hotels and I typically do not rent anything less than a 4 diamond hotel. It’s the first time in my life that I had such a horrible experience of staying. We arrived at around noon and I was told that my 2 bedroom suite was not ready. We were never given a time line of how long it will take. I kept checking every 30 minutes and all I got was that it was getting ready. It took them 4 hours to get a room ready for me. Every time I went in to speak to the Front Desk and the Manager, I was being spoken to quite rudely. No one was ready to understand that we had taken a long flight and had 5 kids with us. My kids had to sleep in the lobby area just because you had no room to check me in.

I spoke to several guys at the hotel and all of them came back to me and told me that its NORMAL that you have had to wait. My answer to them was NO it’s not. I don’t think they understood that they worked in the hospitality industry and you have to be courteous first of all and be willing to go the extra mile to take care of your customers. No one in the hotel seem to have any idea what customer service is about. They could have moved me in a smaller room till the time the other one was ready. However, they did not. I am a frequent traveler and nowhere have I seen such empathy towards customers, leave alone a hotel with 4 diamond rating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rohit B
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I did not stay at the hotel. I bought a Travelzoo deal for a Sunday brunch for two. The brunch itself was excellent. The food was delicious. The selection was on the small side for a hotel brunch, but the choices were all really good so it didn't matter too much to me that there wasn't as large of a selection. We got a table outside under an umbrella and the view was fabulous. We were looking out over the beach and out over the ocean. It was perfect day - sunny and breezy. At first the service was great. Our server extensively explained the process, including the buffet and the payment process (since we had a Travelzoo voucher). We helped ourselves to brunch and enjoyed ourselves. As we ate, the restaurant got busier and busier. By the time we were done all of the tables were full and there was a wait. Our waiter was so busy running around bringing beverages and things to other tables that it took him 40 minutes to bring our check. That was even after he acknowledged a few times that we were waiting on it. At that point we were still enjoying ourselves because we had a great view and we weren't in a hurry. But we were a little anxious to leave since we'd waited so long already.

After we finally paid the tax and gratuity, we headed out to retrieve our car from the valet. The valet was crazy. There is a relatively small area at the front for the valet to bring cars. There were just so many people coming in and out that about four different individuals working in the valet couldn't keep up. We literally waited another 30 minutes for our car. It was starting to get a little ridiculous. Some other guests who were also waiting just as long for their cars were visibly upset with the service. At one point we went over the person working the valet counter and asked if we could just take the keys and walk to our car ourselves. We still weren't in a hurry but the two long waiting periods combined left us thinking we would not be going back to that hotel or restaurant. It's unfortunate because the brunch itself was lovely.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your personal time to share your feedback. I sincerely apologize on behalf of our team for any negative impression we’ve made. Your comments are being discussed with our food and beverage management and Valet team as we continue to make improvements and explore our areas of opportunity for our guests’ overall experience.
Lowell, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The location was AWESOME! Plenty of restaurants around and even a (yucky) supermarket. Plenty in walking distance.
It was not in the hustle and bustle of SoBe (which I liked), but SoBe was only a quick drive away.

The beach was RIGHT there. Clean and pleasant.

The actual hotel was very clean and modern. We had the 2 bedroom suite and there was plenty of room. The views were incredible with an awesome balcony.

Valet was intentive and quick. Nice gym. No complaints about room service except the food is pretty basic, but still good.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Looshkin
Gaby S, Front Office Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are very honored that we we able to create a memorbale experience for you and your family. Please keep us in mind when your travel plans bring you to Miami again. We look forward to welcoming you again to Marenas Beach Resort.