“PERFECTION... just Perfect =)”

Marenas Beach Resort
Miami Beach, Florida
“PERFECTION... just Perfect =)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

I have no Idea where to begin, but having worked in the hotel industry myself I know exactly what is expected and I tend to be extremely picky when it comes to hotels. I was a bit skeptical but from the minute I arrived I knew I was in good hands. The hotel is clean and gorgeous & immediately we got upgraded to a suite, and although we offered to help with our bags the valet/bell service wouldn't let us lift a finger. I have to definitely recommend Jasmine at the front desk, she is amazing and a pleasure to be around I wanted to take her home!!!... In addition to that Erick and (i think his name was Paul or Juan) from the bell staff, they were so pleasant and joyful it was just perfection. Charlie the Bartender wow... definitely need to let him make you a few drinks and the pool attendants were attentive as well. Can't forget the security guard at night, so sweet and was a pleasure to talk to!!! So many times good service goes so unnoticed, and you could be at the nicest place but if everyone has a bad attitude it diminishes everything, but the staff definitely know what they are doing! I also would like to point out that the view was flawless, I caught myself on my balcony about half the trip. This in addition to the attention to detail that this hotel pays.... from the lighting fixtures to the scale in the bathroom, facial mirror, and awesome shower head, it was obvious... I was in heaven...One teeny pitfall is that the wifi in the hotel is not great especially on the 18th floor so if your planning to do work on the internet consider doing it ahead of time (however... bad internet for a beautiful high view... it was a good trade off =) ) It was such an amazing stay, that this is the first hotel I have EVER written a review for, and I have been to a multitude. Great job..... I will be back =)

Room Tip: =) Get the suite and make sure its high up so you can see the city -
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Marenasresort, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write your first review on your recent stay with us at the Marenas. It gives us great satisfaction to know that we were able to create a memorable experience for you. It is our goal is to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service. We will share your comments with the staff and congratulate Jasmine, Erick, Charlie, and the security team on exceeding your expectations during your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Kind Regard
Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Longmont, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

Had a great week at the beach in mid-August (12-19th). Marenas Resort was just what I was looking for. I had a one bedroom "oceanfront suite" which was perfect--a nice bedroom, master bathroom, living room, a full kitchen, another full bathroom and even a washer and dryer. One of the nicest features was the big balcony, where I often enjoyed both the sunrise and sunset. Great view of the ocean and a real highlight to see the evening thunderstorms and lightning show play far on the horizon.

I used the room more like a condo than a hotel, buying my groceries at the nearby grocery store and mainly eating in my "home." Worked out great--and I'm sure I saved a ton of money in the process. Only downside of the kitchen was the pretty limited amount of cookware--a few pots and pans, but fortunately enough to get by for the week.

Otherwise, I found the staff at Marenas to be very friendly, helpful, etc. One tip for the valet service is to be prepared and call ahead for your car--otherwise you'll likely have to wait for quite a while during most times.

All in all, a great location, very comfortable hotel and a spot that I will definitely plan on coming back to soon.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Marenasresort, Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to comment on your recent stay with us at the Marenas. It is our goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service. We are reviewing our inventory of cookware in all units to ensure that they are adequately stocked. We will share your comments with the staff and congratulate them on exceeding your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to your spot in the near future.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

The service was wonderful! Everyone was super polite and willing to assist. The beach was close and the room was wonderful! It had a full kitchen nice size bathroom and great space...very clean! There were restaurants close by to walk to and the supermarket was 2 blocks away. All I could ask for the comforts of a family!

Room Tip: Ocean view is not necessary...all balconies provide a view of it.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to comment on your recent stay with us at the Marenas. It gives us great satisfaction to know that we were able to create a great family experience for you. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Kind Regard
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

We found the hotel beautiful and very enchanting, the view of the beach and surrounding area was also breathtaking. The hotel staff was absolutely superb, they were kind, warm, generous, always helpful and smiling as they went about their jobs. Our room was majestic and the bed was so awesome I wanted to bring it home.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time out to comment about your recent stay with us. It is our goal is to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service. We will share your comments with the staff and congratulate them on exceeding your expectations during your stay. Thank you for staying at the Marenas and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is a condo building, so you get a very full kitchen even if you don't need it. But you can walk a couple of blocks to the Publix supermarket and enjoy a nice breakfast or dinner if you don't feel like eating out.

I was surprised by the beach. The sea was so very nice and you got some breeze under the umbrella (that's why you pay a resort fee and it is not excessive).

The manager insisted in taking my luggage upstairs, and I was not a VIP! Anything I asked for was in my room within minutes. I did not expect a condo resort to provide this kind of service.

I did not mean to "test" the service but I ended up doing just that. I managed to forget some clothes behind, and security mailed them to me the following day. A really 5 start service from very nice and pleasant people.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to comment on your recent stay with us at the Marenas. It gives us great pleasure to know when we have met and exceeded your expectations. Your comments will be shared with the staff and congratulate them on delivering the highest level of service. Again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and remember every guest is a VIP at the Marenas!

Lima, Peru
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

My family and I have stayed here for 2 weeks in a 2 bedroom/3 bathroom unit. We had a wonderful ocean view with balconies and everything was ok.

The air conditioning was not working well so we had it checked 2 times, the only answer was that the thermostat was not working well because the were a bit old but they couldn´t change. So, we spent our holidays with an average temperature of 78 F !!! a bit complicated when it is a summer beach holiday.

The beach is veeery crowded, you had problem getting chairs and not to mention towels. One day we went to the beach around 10 am and managed to get chairs and umbrella in the 1st line, by the seashore, we went back to the unit to have lunch around 1 pm, when we came back there were 4 chairs, umbrella and a whole family in front of us !!! we were very dissapointed because we were obviously in the 1st line, so the crew only kept saying that they couldn´t do anything....so there we were, spending our day in the beach with, literally, a family between us. Very bad.

On the following days my husband decided to tip the beach guys so then we begun experiencing the "great service"....we were squeezed were we decided and it all went smoothly. So this is how it works here. Supposedly it is a free service but if you tip, you get the service, if not just wait until the laundry washes more towels (as we were said many times).

Valet Parking takes long time but I consider it is because they are short on people not because they are not efficient. The people in the front desk were totally indifferent but the concierge always was smiling and willing to help, as well as the bell boys....specially Luis.

Overall it was ok....would consider other options before returning to the Marenas Resort, but if I had to come back I would probably by some beach towels (as we did), and umbrella and some cheap chairs and walk a little bit and avoid the hustle and noise of a crowded beach.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We would like to extend out sincerest apologies on behalf of the staff for the less than enjoyable stay you experienced at our resort. We will pass along your comments to Luis and the concierge and congratulate them on providing the highest quality of service to you during your stay. Please know that we have addressed the issues with the Engineering, Pool & Beach, Valet and Front Desk Departments. It is our goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service. It is vital to our continued success to know when we have fallen short of our own high standards. Again, we would like to thank you for taking the time out to share your experience. We sincerely hope that you allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I traveled to Marena's this weekend for our honeymoon. We arrived at 3 am since our flight had been delayed and I was a bit shocked that, despite the hour, the receptionist made me go to the business center in order to redeem my reservation voucher. He already had my credit card, so there was no flight risk. He could have waited until the next day for me to print the voucher at a more reasonable hour.

The experience as a whole was nice, although I had advised the hotel in advance that it was hour honey moon and no special ammenities were prepared for us (the concierge had told me there would be).

HIghlights: the beach is amazing! Although a bit crowded, the water is warm and crystal clear.

Room for impromvement: the hotel staff could definitely improve their service ways. The waiter at the beach is loud and a bit rude and the staff at the reception could definitely be kinder and smile at guests more often.

Tips: the 120 downtown bus will take you to South Beach for 2 dollars. You'll be there in half an hour, no need to rent a car.

Room Tip: Request for ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort
Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort
#5 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
Trump International Beach Resort
#3 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,121 reviews
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Be...
#1 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Marenas Beach Resort? Share your experiences!