My wife and I and one year old son just got back from the Acqualina Resort, we were there from Sept. 2nd to the 5th for 3 nites (at $300/nite- great bargain!). I really can't think of anything negative to say about any aspect of our vacation. The staff was beyond courteous (from valet to waitstaff to pool staff to cleaning service). We have stayed at many other fantastic 5 star resorts from the Kea Lani in Maui to Ritz Carltons, to the Breakers, to Four Seasons resorts and to be quite honest, the Acqualina experience surpassed them all.
The food is first rate and the portions are large. Our room was spacious, beautifully decorated and incredibly clean. The pools are immaculate (make sure to ask for Edgar at the large pool area - he can help you rent a cabana (complete with a flat screen).
This is a real jewel in the Ft, Lauderdale, Miami area and has not become too commercialized as of yet and I hope it stays that way. But, if you are looking for either a romantic getaway, a family vacation (they could not have been more attentive to my one year old son- leather high chairs, food made to order) or even a business trip destination.. then this is a place to go..they also do not nickel and dime either which is a pleasure.
Overall a 5 star resort in every sense of the word, a once in a lifetime experience and totally relaxing getaway for this New Yorker!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach is a place where the charm of a Mediterranean villa meets elegance on the beach and a recipient of the coveted Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award, the AAA Five Diamond Award and the Andrew Harper’s Reader’s Choice Award for Top #1 Top Beach Resort, #1 Top Spa Resort and #1 Top Family Resort. A seaside luxury haven located on 4.5 beachfront acres in pristine Sunny Isles Beach, Acqualina Resort & Spa features 98 impeccably appointed guest rooms and suites and 188 residencies with breathtaking views of Atlantic Ocean. Step into a world of luxury at this Miami Beach Resort with unprecedented accommodations and service, world-class dining destinations, including Piazzetta Marketplace, AQ by Acqualina with menus provided by Il Mulino New York and a separate restaurant by the Il Mulino New York, three oceanfront swimming pools, spacious boardroom, a world class fitness center offering the latest Artis technology and an innovative marine biology-based children’s program. A variety of lavish interior and exterior venues provide an ideal background for opulent weddings and memorable events on the lush property grounds boasting 400 feet of stunning Atlantic coastline. Acqualina Spa by ESPA, the first ESPA-branded spa in the United States, provides guests with an exquisite 20,000-square-foot, two-story tranquil sanctuary of excellence and relaxation set in a class of its own offering 11 multi-functional treatment rooms and an extravagant private spa suite for two, along with the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful outdoor terrace complete with a spa pool, heated jet pool, and Roman waterfall – all set against the gorgeous backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Resort And Spa On The Beach
- Acqualina Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Hotel On The Beach
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Florida/Sunny Isles Beach