My husband and I stayed at the Acqualina for 3 nights in May. We've stayed at many beautiful hotels around the world including Las Ventanas in Cabo (another Rosewood) and this hotel ranks right up there with the best. But what we really notice about this hotel and Las Ventanas is how incredibly friendly the staff are. They're always so happy to assist with anything and they're always smiling. We've never seen another hotel besides these two with such great employees. Rosewood does a great job in this area. Also, we find the Rosewood hotels are so beautiful due to their architecture and detail.
We loved hanging out by the pool. We've stayed at the Ritz in South Beach but we love the pool at Acqualina much better.
The only negative for us is that there aren't very many restaurants near the Acqualina and it's a 20-30 minute cab ride from South Beach. We both love South Beach so we'll probably go back to the Ritz for our next visit. But I'll definitely miss the pool area of this hotel while I'm at the Ritz.
I definitely recommend this property to anyone who is looking for a gorgeous hotel with super friendly employees and a great pool area.
I also recommend Las Ventanas in Cabo San Lucas. Las Venatans is actually our favorite hotel we've ever stayed at in the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach is a place where the charm of a Mediterranean villa meets elegance on the beach and a recipient of the coveted Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award, the AAA Five Diamond Award and the Andrew Harper’s Reader’s Choice Award for Top #1 Top Beach Resort, #1 Top Spa Resort and #1 Top Family Resort. A seaside luxury haven located on 4.5 beachfront acres in pristine Sunny Isles Beach, Acqualina Resort & Spa features 98 impeccably appointed guest rooms and suites and 188 residencies with breathtaking views of Atlantic Ocean. Step into a world of luxury at this Miami Beach Resort with unprecedented accommodations and service, world-class dining destinations, including Piazzetta Marketplace, AQ by Acqualina with menus provided by Il Mulino New York and a separate restaurant by the Il Mulino New York, three oceanfront swimming pools, spacious boardroom, a world class fitness center offering the latest Artis technology and an innovative marine biology-based children’s program. A variety of lavish interior and exterior venues provide an ideal background for opulent weddings and memorable events on the lush property grounds boasting 400 feet of stunning Atlantic coastline. Acqualina Spa by ESPA, the first ESPA-branded spa in the United States, provides guests with an exquisite 20,000-square-foot, two-story tranquil sanctuary of excellence and relaxation set in a class of its own offering 11 multi-functional treatment rooms and an extravagant private spa suite for two, along with the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful outdoor terrace complete with a spa pool, heated jet pool, and Roman waterfall – all set against the gorgeous backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Resort And Spa On The Beach
- Acqualina Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Hotel On The Beach
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Florida/Sunny Isles Beach