This was our second stay at this magnificent resort and we were pleased to see that if anything, it was even better than we remembered. Everything about this resort is truly 5 star. The ambiance is understated elegance. The rooms are spacious and beautifully furnished, with the best lighting I have ever found in a hotel. Staff throughout the hotel are wonderful - friendly and efficient, yet professional and never intrusive. "Do not disturb" signs are scrupulously observed, yet service when requested is prompt. The bed linens are wonderfully soft and of the highest quality. The towels provided are plentiful, large and fluffy. We never heard a sound from nearby rooms.
On this trip, the hotel was not fully booked, so the management kindly upgraded us to a fabulous 1 bedroom suite. This was huge (about 1100 sq. ft) with a fully furnished luxurious kitchen that included a Subzero refrigerator-freezer with ice maker, Wolf range, dishwasher and microwave. All plates, utensils, cookware were provided, including an espresso maker! Granite counter tops everywhere. The suite also included a dining room, large living room, master bedroom and a separate office with a daybed that could easily accommodate a child or third person. There were 1 and 1/2 baths, a large terrace facing the ocean. Both the living room and bedroom had large flat screen TVs, with a small tv in the kitchen. We wished we could stay a month or more!! But even the standard room where we stayed last time was gorgeous and spacious. Though I must admit that having an ocean view greatly enhanced our enjoyment!
The pools and beach areas are immaculate. The pool water is heated so that swimming was delightful even though the outside temperature did not exceed 78 degrees during the entire week of our stay. Both lounge covers and wonderful large towels are provided at the pools and beach.
Breakfast was included in our American Express Platinum travel package and was beautifully served in the lovely Il Mulino restaurant. Everything was fresh and delicious. A buffet is available or one can choose from the menu. Juices, fresh fruits, cereals, yogurts, breads, bagels, pastries, are always available on the buffet. On some days, waffles and french toast were also available. If not on the buffet, one could order these or pancakes, lox, eggs, etc. from the menu.
We had dinner once in the Il Mulino. The food and service were fabulous. We had the Dover sole, which was outstanding! The meal was pricey, but well worth it for the exceptional quality.
I used the spa several times and was delighted with the facility and wonderful services.
Across the street from the hotel are several new mini-malls with many shops and restaurants of all types and price ranges. There are even 3 kosher restaurants for those who observe kashrut. There is a Walgreens, open 24 hours. The hotel is located about a 10 minute drive from the Aventura Mall and about 15 minutes from the Bal Harbour shopping center.
We have stayed in many 5 star hotels around the world, but the Acqualina is the best overall experience we have had. We hope to return to this lovely hotel as frequently as our schedule permits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach is a place where the charm of a Mediterranean villa meets elegance on the beach and a recipient of the coveted Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award, the AAA Five Diamond Award and the Andrew Harper’s Reader’s Choice Award for Top #1 Top Beach Resort, #1 Top Spa Resort and #1 Top Family Resort. A seaside luxury haven located on 4.5 beachfront acres in pristine Sunny Isles Beach, Acqualina Resort & Spa features 98 impeccably appointed guest rooms and suites and 188 residencies with breathtaking views of Atlantic Ocean. Step into a world of luxury at this Miami Beach Resort with unprecedented accommodations and service, world-class dining destinations, including Piazzetta Marketplace, AQ by Acqualina with menus provided by Il Mulino New York and a separate restaurant by the Il Mulino New York, three oceanfront swimming pools, spacious boardroom, a world class fitness center offering the latest Artis technology and an innovative marine biology-based children’s program. A variety of lavish interior and exterior venues provide an ideal background for opulent weddings and memorable events on the lush property grounds boasting 400 feet of stunning Atlantic coastline. Acqualina Spa by ESPA, the first ESPA-branded spa in the United States, provides guests with an exquisite 20,000-square-foot, two-story tranquil sanctuary of excellence and relaxation set in a class of its own offering 11 multi-functional treatment rooms and an extravagant private spa suite for two, along with the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful outdoor terrace complete with a spa pool, heated jet pool, and Roman waterfall – all set against the gorgeous backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Travelocity, Hotwire, Vacatia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acqualina Resort And Spa On The Beach
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Hotel On The Beach
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Florida/Sunny Isles Beach