We had stayed in this hotel other times before. The staff is extremely friendly and nice, specially the lady at the concierge. We stayed at a suite. The rooms are very clean and beautifully decorated with spacious bathrooms, they look new. The beach is nice and you have tables set to have lunch just outside the pool area next to the beach. We always have a great time there.
The only difference this time is that we had an incident with the valet parking.
This is what happened: one morning (Jun-16th) we asked for our car. It would usually take a minute or two but curiously this time took a lot longer. DANGER: if it takes too long, be aware!
Ten minutes waiting and no one had brought us the car, so we asked one of the ladies there and she went downstairs to see what was happening with our car. Another ten minutes later someone brought it. When I got in and we were going out of the hotel I noticed a dent in the hood; I told my husband, but since we were running late for a meeting he had, we decided we would continue and deal with it later. OUR MISTAKE, I admit it, we should have stopped and parked back at the hotel to inform them. But since we had all the car insurances included in our Hertz contract, we didn't really worry. (note: the hotel didn't know that).
When we got back to the hotel that afternoon, we told the staff at the valet parking and a guy (Sebastian I think) told us he would contact us as soon as he took a look at the cameras. So we went to our room and waited. And waited, and waited. No one ever called.
The following morning when we were heading out, a bunch of guys were all together whispering like kids and looking at us, then this Sebastian guy approached and showed us a 'picture' of the car (actually a snapshot from the video) 'showing' as he said "that there was no dent in the hood by the time we took the car" that June 16th morning...I complete lie because that was the moment when I saw the dent, so it was there for sure. At that same time another guy would jump from behind and added (like a small child) that "he wasn't supposed to be showing me that" What? Really? Maybe he might as well showed me the whole footage since -of course- with the car moving and the light reflecting on the surface I would have been able to actually see the dent. But, to tell you the truth I wasn't in the mood to argue with that guy, I was on vacations! And after what he had just told me it was clear to me he was lying to my face, and covering up for someone else. HORRIBLE WAY TO MANAGE THE SITUATION.
The following day, as we were checking out, my husband asked for someone to give us a response before we left. Just then the manager appeared and talk to him. It was just then when my husband let the manager know that we weren't trying to make the hotel pay for anything since we had it all covered with the car insurance already, we just wanted someone to take responsibility, which never happened.
So, (I'm sorry for writing so much) be aware of the valet parking, just take a close look every time they give you your car!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach is a place where the charm of a Mediterranean villa meets elegance on the beach and a recipient of the coveted Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award, the AAA Five Diamond Award and the Andrew Harper’s Reader’s Choice Award for Top #1 Top Beach Resort, #1 Top Spa Resort and #1 Top Family Resort. A seaside luxury haven located on 4.5 beachfront acres in pristine Sunny Isles Beach, Acqualina Resort & Spa features 98 impeccably appointed guest rooms and suites and 188 residencies with breathtaking views of Atlantic Ocean. Step into a world of luxury at this Miami Beach Resort with unprecedented accommodations and service, world-class dining destinations, including Piazzetta Marketplace, AQ by Acqualina with menus provided by Il Mulino New York and a separate restaurant by the Il Mulino New York, three oceanfront swimming pools, spacious boardroom, a world class fitness center offering the latest Artis technology and an innovative marine biology-based children’s program. A variety of lavish interior and exterior venues provide an ideal background for opulent weddings and memorable events on the lush property grounds boasting 400 feet of stunning Atlantic coastline. Acqualina Spa by ESPA, the first ESPA-branded spa in the United States, provides guests with an exquisite 20,000-square-foot, two-story tranquil sanctuary of excellence and relaxation set in a class of its own offering 11 multi-functional treatment rooms and an extravagant private spa suite for two, along with the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful outdoor terrace complete with a spa pool, heated jet pool, and Roman waterfall – all set against the gorgeous backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Resort And Spa On The Beach
- Acqualina Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Hotel On The Beach
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Florida/Sunny Isles Beach