This was our 2nd trip to Acqualina in 9 months. I never wrote a first review but this time I used the spa and met the new hotel manager Christof. We love this place and after almost a week of being home we are still so sad we had to leave. Both times we were there during the construction of the adjoining building and I can honestly tell you that this place is so magical it did not even phase me. The hotel is right in the center of South Beach and Fort Lauderdale so you can visit both! This is truly a 5 star and I could not imagine staying anywhere else. We travel ALOT and this is the only hotel that will be a constant in the future (3rd trip fall of 2014 hopefully). Keep in mind we are reviewing as a married couple in their mid 30s with no children although I heard this is a great place for kids as well.
The whole staff is amazing and treats you like a VIP and that you are the most special guest they have. Your last name is always remembered and used. They will provide anything you need and will do anything to resolve complaints/problems that come up right away. You leave feeling like they are your friends. Security is amazing too. Max came to my room to sing me Happy Birthday and brought me gelato. The security staff was also so quick and friendly to responding to my room safe problems 3x (my fault)
Wow do I hate myself for not coming here my first visit or coming more than once my second visit. You are to arrive 1 hour early to use numerous amenities. The steam room, private pool, private hot tub, relaxation room ect. My hot stone massage and facial were amazing and you can choose the music!! You would never find something like this on the Mainline in Philly where I am from.
There is not one single breakfast item you could name that is not available at this buffet. It is amazing and gets my sleepy husband out of bed every morning. The whole staff is wonderful. Maurice and Andres became our favorite! It goes to 11am which is late for most American hotels which we love!
Great fitness center. I think there are 5 treadmills and maybe 3 elliptical machines. There are numerous free weights and other types of equipment. Perfect for working off that buffet!
3 pools!!!!!! 1 kid free!!!! Drink and food service. Do I need to say more???? The beach staff is great. They set up your chairs and umbrellas (at no charge which is rare, at least in our travels) while you wait in the shade. Drink and food service by raising a flag so you are not disturbed.
I love the valet crew!!! They are so fast and friendly. You text a number with your cars assigned number and they bring it out for you in a sea of luxury cars!
Amazing, big, and modern. Fully stocked bar and big tubs! We requested a mini fridge for my hubby's protein shakes and they provide one at no charge!!
We went to II Mulino our first visit. Food and service were amazing.
Its very evident the new hotel manager Christof Pignet is very passionate about his position and the Acqualina is lucky to have him. I highly recommend anyone stay here. So excited to come back!!! The hotel has a house car but I recommend renting a vehicle like we do so you can visit neighboring cities!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach is a place where the charm of a Mediterranean villa meets elegance on the beach and a recipient of the coveted Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award, the AAA Five Diamond Award and the Andrew Harper’s Reader’s Choice Award for Top #1 Top Beach Resort, #1 Top Spa Resort and #1 Top Family Resort. A seaside luxury haven located on 4.5 beachfront acres in pristine Sunny Isles Beach, Acqualina Resort & Spa features 98 impeccably appointed guest rooms and suites and 188 residencies with breathtaking views of Atlantic Ocean. Step into a world of luxury at this Miami Beach Resort with unprecedented accommodations and service, world-class dining destinations, including Piazzetta Marketplace, AQ by Acqualina with menus provided by Il Mulino New York and a separate restaurant by the Il Mulino New York, three oceanfront swimming pools, spacious boardroom, a world class fitness center offering the latest Artis technology and an innovative marine biology-based children’s program. A variety of lavish interior and exterior venues provide an ideal background for opulent weddings and memorable events on the lush property grounds boasting 400 feet of stunning Atlantic coastline. Acqualina Spa by ESPA, the first ESPA-branded spa in the United States, provides guests with an exquisite 20,000-square-foot, two-story tranquil sanctuary of excellence and relaxation set in a class of its own offering 11 multi-functional treatment rooms and an extravagant private spa suite for two, along with the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful outdoor terrace complete with a spa pool, heated jet pool, and Roman waterfall – all set against the gorgeous backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acqualina Resort And Spa On The Beach
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Hotel On The Beach
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Florida/Sunny Isles Beach