This was our 6 or 7th time staying at Acqualina Resort and we will return here again. Having said that, some things seem to be changing and not for the best. They are subtle but here it is noticeable. While the service is still the best it seems the management and staff turnover over the past year has had its affect and as the hotel guests we felt a bit of a distance and somewhat less genuine desire to assist with things. For the first time that I can remember, I had to seek out a waiter or needed to remind a manager that they had promised to get back to me on an inquiry and had not.
I started noticing things broken in a room or non-working lights in the bathroom. They never got fixed or probably even noticed by the cleaning staff. The beachfront lunch menu has changed and best items are gone from the menu. The construction of the Mansions building is proceeding and while not super bothersome from noise point of view, it has reduced the sun exposure on the beach to a very limited area in the afternoon.
There are still plenty of things that make the stay in Acqualina superior to pretty much most if not all luxury hotels in this city but the little things I kept noticing throughout the stay make me a bit worried. Especially since all of the rates and amenity prices have been raised significantly.
I hope this trend is temporary and will soon be reversed. It would be a shame that Acqualina become just another nice hotel and nothing more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach is a place where the charm of a Mediterranean villa meets elegance on the beach and a recipient of the coveted Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award, the AAA Five Diamond Award and the Andrew Harper’s Reader’s Choice Award for Top #1 Top Beach Resort, #1 Top Spa Resort and #1 Top Family Resort. A seaside luxury haven located on 4.5 beachfront acres in pristine Sunny Isles Beach, Acqualina Resort & Spa features 98 impeccably appointed guest rooms and suites and 188 residencies with breathtaking views of Atlantic Ocean. Step into a world of luxury at this Miami Beach Resort with unprecedented accommodations and service, world-class dining destinations, including Piazzetta Marketplace, AQ by Acqualina with menus provided by Il Mulino New York and a separate restaurant by the Il Mulino New York, three oceanfront swimming pools, spacious boardroom, a world class fitness center offering the latest Artis technology and an innovative marine biology-based children’s program. A variety of lavish interior and exterior venues provide an ideal background for opulent weddings and memorable events on the lush property grounds boasting 400 feet of stunning Atlantic coastline. Acqualina Spa by ESPA, the first ESPA-branded spa in the United States, provides guests with an exquisite 20,000-square-foot, two-story tranquil sanctuary of excellence and relaxation set in a class of its own offering 11 multi-functional treatment rooms and an extravagant private spa suite for two, along with the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful outdoor terrace complete with a spa pool, heated jet pool, and Roman waterfall – all set against the gorgeous backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Resort And Spa On The Beach
- Acqualina Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Hotel On The Beach
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Florida/Sunny Isles Beach