“Stellar service-beautiful property.”

Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The service is exceptional. The resort is just lovely. We arrived and were immediately given such a warm and sincere welcome by Desiree. She was just delightful and the bellini's were of course, most welcome upon arrival. The rooms are lovely and spacious. and the grounds are immaculate.
Jose was always welcoming and great with recommendations on the menu. The food was delicious. The staff at the pools and beach were always courteous and engaging. Again,seeing the wonderful smiles and terrific attitudes was always refreshing. Everyone knew and addressed us by name.Extremely professional.They were always ready to assist.The pools are heated and the attendants were always available.The housekeeping staff took excellent care of our requests.Barbara always had a smile and joyful spirit.She was just wonderful.The courtesy car driver was friendly and informative.Spa was very relaxing and the services were excellent.
I have never been to a property where every single person we encountered was friendly and extremely efficient.This is the most well run resort that I have stayed in.Truly exceptional.
Kudos to everyone there.They are most impressive. So glad to have been there. Will definitely go back and recommend highly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tonya P
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear TonyaP

I thank you kindly for taking the time and writing such a lovely review.
It is wonderful to read that your stay at Acqualina was exceptional and particularly our team of dream makers exceeded your expectations. I will gladly share your praises with the staff and especially Desiree, Jose and Barbara. We pride ourselves with genuine care and attentive top-level service in a gorgeous and paradise like setting, as you noticed in the most recent stay. Please come back to visit us again in the near future, we are looking forward to it already!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and I recently completed our first stay at Acqualina Resort. Our accommodations were in an oceanfront suite. Upon arrival, champagne was served in the lobby and we had champagne service provided by Sueheilly our suite. Sueheilly was friendly and made us feel special. At the beach, Julian managed the services there and was extremely upbeat, friendly, and made each day feel like the best day on the best place on earth. Michael and Daniel kept our umbrellas and chairs in place and provided us excellent service while enjoying the blue water and sandy beach. The pool areas were beautiful, and my wife and I enjoyed breakfast there each morning. Sueheilly made our acquaintance again while serving us at our reserved, private beachside dinner for two. What a special night. On one evening, we came back to our room to see rose petal turndown service in our bedroom. This was a couples trip for us, but being parents, we loved the special sandcastle area on the beach and the great children's programs (Aquamarine). If our kids had come, they would have been entertained well. Acqualina is a special place and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wschappell
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear wschappell,

Thank you very much for sharing these wonderful sentiments of your most recent stay. We are very happy that you and your wife enjoyed the beautiful suite overlooking the ocean, delicious treats and all the wonderful amenities Acqualina has to offer. Please bring your children on a future visit, our Acquamarine team is already very excited to welcome them. I will be certain to share your praise with the Acqualina team of Dream Makers and particularly Julian, Michael, Daniel and Sueheilly who exceeded your expectations. We have means to reward them internally and will gladly do so. Thank you once again and please come back to visit soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed here for our second time, and it was as great as the first one. We got upgraded to a classic suite with a beautiful view of the Ocean.

They have a wonderful staff and special mentions to Rachele and Giovanni who made us feel so special.

The staff brought a wonderful cake personally to our room for my wife's Birthday.

If you are staying in the area and if you can afford it you can't do better than Acqualina

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlanOSI
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear AlanOSI

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed celebrating this special occasion at Acqualina and particularly the beautiful classic suite with stunning ocean views.

More importantly however it is wonderful to know that all of our staff and especially Rachele and Giovanna went above and beyond to make you feel extra special. I will be certain to share your praise with the team as we thrive on positive feedback.

We look very much forward to welcome you back on a future visit to South Florida.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The service at this resort is extraordinary - comparable to any in the world. Everyone is friendly, accommodating and eager to serve. I like the fact that there is always security personnel near the elevators - makes you feel very safe. The beach is a few steps away and pristine. The pools are heated and feel great. The hotel, both public areas and rooms, is super clean. We had a one-bedroom suite which was very large and the full kitchen is great, especially with young kids. The breakfast buffet is your typical variety found at a hotel/resort but the quality of the food is top notch. Note that the beach is being restored and there is a high-rise under construction next door. If I were to fault one thing, it's that the beach service is sometimes slower in the afternoons. Besides that, I can't say enough wonderful things about this property and its people.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank BKPU
AcqualinaManagement, Managing Director at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for the feedback and taking the time to appreciate the team's effort and commitment to ensure that the service experience remains the highlight in one's visit at Acqualina.

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I visited the hotel for work so I didn't stay more than one night, but I can say that the service is very warm, staff attitude is very formal, natural and nice all the time they were alert to our needs in the conference rooms.

The rooms are very comfortable and in my opinion the room service is the best, some times for the work is difficult to visit to the hotel restaurants and the room service is the unique options.

Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Chad P
AcqualinaManagement, Managing Director at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Chad,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience, even-though it was a short one. We are delighted that you value the professionalism of the team, something we strive to achieve daily at Acqualina.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

This was our third trip to the Acqualina. We went for 11 days in December and it was beyond perfection. We were greeted Giovanna when we arrived and both my boys were given cute little stuffed dogs and fresh orange juice! For my son's 5th birthday, Sofia (head of guest relations) organized an adorable party outside by the beach with cake and balloons. She also helped organize an incredible party for all the kids at the hotel... Dr. Seuss themed which was incredible.
The food, restaurants, pool staff (Jessica, Valentina) are so helpful and hardworking all day long. We had a cabana by the zero entry pool that provided lots of shade so my 2.5 year old son could sleep in his stroller.
Our entire vacation was superb thanks to so many wonderful staff members.
All in all...such an outstanding hotel. Rare to find these days. Highly recommend especially families with young kids.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lindsay G
AcqualinaManagement, Managing Director at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Lindsay,

Thank you so much for reviewing our resort again.
I noticed that you have reviewed us in the past and the team and I are delighted that you keep finding our experience to your satisfaction. It is delightful that you took the time to review us again. We appreciate it!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I am a frequent traveler and have yet to write a review on Tripadvisor. However after our family's recent stay at the Acqualina, I just had to do something. Let me first say that I am a hotel snob--I have high expectations and am not easily impressed. The Acualina was, for lack of a better word, perfect. The ENTIRE hotel staff were by far the most pleasant, approachable and accommodating that I have ever encountered. They all went out of their way to make sure that my family and I enjoyed our entire experience. There was no request too small or too insignificant--they were more than happy to help!

Just one example (though there are countless others)--my toddler son had an "accident" on his favorite blanket about an hour before his bedtime--and he needs that blanket to sleep! we called the hotel housekeeping and they immediately came up to our room and took the blanket, washed and dried it, and we had it back within an hour. This was at 8:00 PM. and they didn't even charge us! It's service like this that can really take a vacation to the next level!

Aside from the amazing service the resort itself is simply outstanding. Our suite was beautifully decorated and stacked with all sorts of amenities. The beach/pool are were impeccable in cleanliness and the water was super warm, which made swimming on a 68 degree day real easy. also, unlike some other hotels, it didn't feel like we were in a museum or a convention center. My wife and I could watch the kids swim in the pool or play basketball on the nearby court from the comfort of our room.

All in all, by far our most relaxing and rewarding vacation ever. we can't wait to hopefully come back again next year!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Joshua R
AcqualinaManagement, Managing Director at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear Joshua,

Thank you so much for taking the time and making the effort to write about your experience.
The team and I are honored and humbled by your feedback as we strive daily to ensure excellence and giving the very best.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
#2 of 212 in Miami Beach
Trump International Beach Resort
Trump International Beach Resort
#3 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach? Share your experiences!