“Simply wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Simply wonderful”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We took a family vacation to Acqualina - 2 adults and our 1.5 year old toddler - in May 2013 and it exceeded our expectations in every way. The suites are spacious, the customer service is simply amazing - everyone goes out of their way to do whatever they can to make your experience the best possible, the facilities were beautiful, the restaurants/food were delicious, and the attention to detail about everything from the property itself to the experiences was impressive.

I had selected Acqualina for its reputation as being a family friendly resort yet luxurious for adults as well. It is hard to achieve that balance, but Acqualina is the example of how to do it. It was a 5-star experience all the way, yet our toddler was made to feel so special and the staff were unbelievably nice and attentive to her.

I have since recommended Acqualina to other friends with young children, and I know we'll be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank audrey_chi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I'm a finicky person who refuses to put up with much. A last minute travel plan landed me in the middle of South Florida. Having stayed at this resort before, I knew I was in for a treat. The beach at the Acqualina truly severs justices to the term, "Florida's Riveria". The water is crystal clear with little or no seaweed and lots of plentiful snorkeling. The service and security are always impeccable and the oceanfront deluxe suite was an added bonus. Can't wait to visit next time.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank LoriPLux
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel exceeded our expectations. I've been to Florida a few times and stayed at nice properties but Acqualina turned our stay into an experience. The staff is professional, very attentive and knowledgeable. The location is convenient, the amenities are fabulous and the property is very well maintained. The room size was very spacious and relaxing. I loved the marble bathroom. The food and service at the restaurants was very good. The spa services were outstanding. We'll be returning to this property.

Room Tip: There's construction so ask if you can be located away from it. We did hear a thing.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan H
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have run across this resort many times while searching for a place to stay when visiting my mom, but I never quite understood why the price was so much higher than neighboring hotels. I asked myself: "could this resort possibly be worth it?" I thought how could a hotel that does not have a prime South Beach or Bal Harbour location get away with charging that price. Now, I know why.

I honestly do not have enough superlatives to describe this place. They completely knocked it out of the park. I have stayed in some amazing places across the world, but this resort definitely ranks in my top 5-10. They have perfected the art of 5-star luxury and service in the most surprising of locations.

First impressions can really set the tone for any hotel stay. I pull up in our Porsche and felt poor looking at the display of Rolls Royces, Ferraris and Lamborghinis! As the valet opened my door and greeted me, he asked for my last name to attach to the ticket. As I was entering the lobby, I could hear him radio-ing the reception and informing them of my name and that I was checking in. How lovely to then be greeted by Anastasia at reception, welcoming me by name and then promptly offering us a glass of champagne. I was super impressed because I have not seen this clockwork level of service outside of the Middle East or South Africa. So, of course, at this point, I am sold on the resort already and I have not even entered my room! The lobby is quite small, but it is very elegantly done in kind of a grand old-world European style, but the rest of the hotel offered a more spa-like feel, with water features, soft color tones, marble walls, etc.

Anastasia accompanies us to our beautiful suite, where we were greeted with a chilled bottle of champagne and one of the most exquisitely tasteful suites I have ever seen. After showing us the suite and describing the resort amenities, like clockwork, the bellmen were already there waiting with our luggage. I LOVE that. Seamless service. There is nothing worse than arriving and having to wait 30-45 minutes for your luggage. It is like they anticipated your needs before you even knew you needed something. Every single person we encountered in this hotel was top-notch, and I wish to thank each of them, as well as management who clearly trained them so well.

At this point, my head is swimming with delight (and not just from the champagne). Words can hardly describe the beauty of the suite, nor do my pictures fully do the suite justice. I thought it was absolutely stunning. First off, the space is huge; each room is generously proportioned, including a gorgeous eat-in kitchen with high end appliances (Wolf, Viking, KitchenAid), a pass-through computer room with a built-in sofa/lounge, a large comfortable bedroom and an absolutely enormous bathroom. Each detail was perfect: the artwork had soul and did not appear to have been purchased in bulk. I was also impressed by the sheer number of art pieces that adorned the walls, including in the powder room. This felt like someone's elegant residence rather than just a soulless suite. Sublte details such as built-in lights above the drapes added to the feeling of total custom luxury. The suite's balcony was also generously sized and offered stunning ocean views, as well as excellent views to the grounds below.

Breakfast was delicious, and the service was similarly top-of-the-line. I love that they have fresh orange juice (nobody does it like Florida!), and are constantly monitoring to make sure your glass is not empty. I wish we would have been able to stay longer and experience dinner and lunch options here, but we were just here as a stopover on our way back from the Dominican Republic.

The resort grounds are incredible. This is what a five-star resort is all about. Scattered throughout the various pool areas, you would find containers with cool, cucumber water. So refreshing and what a lovely touch. The resort grounds are immaculately maintained; you could see each team member attending to their space and making sure everything looked spotless. On the beach, the service was even more mind-blowing. They immediately set up the beach loungers and would stop by from time to time, offering little shots of a juice smoothie. They also had a genius system for getting service. Each umbrella had a pole beside it with a flag, displaying a number. When you wanted to order a drink, you simply raised your flag, and within seconds, someone would arrive to attend to you.

I cannot think of a single flaw in this resort. I also cannot wait to come back! My mom is going to love it because it has such a boutique feel, despite the size of the building! It was certainly too short of a stay, but definitely a memorable one. Thank you to the management and each staff member for leaving us with such fond memories. Hope to see you guys soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DCTraveler1979
Southampton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was more of an experience, than a stay! One of the best family vacations we've had in a long time...this is indeed a kid friendly resort, regardless of the top level & luxurious amenities on the property, the kids feel more than welcome to indulge in all of the fun things the resort has to offer! Service was top notch, from the twice-a-day housekeeping services, friendliest staff all over the property (valet included). Your name is not only pronounced correctly but remembered by the ultra friendly staff and used often. In fact, it was almost impossible not to get greeted by every single person at the hotel several times a day, with a genuine smile. Rooms were very roomy and the view was priceless. We stayed at a Deluxe Oceanfront Room and the hotel accommodated both of our toddlers with extra bedding and a large crib. This resort takes "pampering" to a whole new level...you will find it very hard to have to lift a finger to do anything :) especially once you set your foot in the pool or beach areas...relax, unwind and spend as much time here as you can, it is indeed unforgettable! We cannot wait to come back and already planning our next trip sometime in the Fall. I don't usually take the time to write a review but its been a few days since our return, and we miss it too much not to. Thank you Acqualina!

Room Tip: I would recommend an Oceanfront room for the amazing views. Few pictures attached of our view from t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alex M
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed at Acqualinafor under a week before our cruise to the carribean. We had a beautiful ocean front suite with a huge kitchen that made it feel like home! Although there was cunstruction next door it didnt bother us, all we could hear was the sound of the waves which was amazing. All the staff were extremely helpful and knowledgable. The concierge suggested a company called Miami VIP Tours to rent a beautiful boat for the day to see maimi. When our free shuttle brought us to the yacht it was much larger than we anticipated and had a nice jet ski onboard and lots of snorkeling gear for the boys! The tour was a blast, we ended up using them for a helicopter tour as well. Thank you to Acqualina for a perfect stay and all the amazing recomendations! I cant wait to come back this winter.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jessica S
Surrey
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is our second day here. We were overwhelmed by the size and fantastic amenities within our suite rooms - enormous, with kitchenettes, full size fridges, dishwashers, beautiful bathrooms with wonderful showers. BUT...first, when we booked seven months ago, they offered us a free night which they are now reneging on (we requested confirmation of this four times without success and now we suspect we know why!) and we have also now discovered that right next door there is the Acqualina Mansions under construction that they also failed to tell us about, so sitting by the pool or beach is not relaxing as your views are directly onto scaffolding and cranes, and the noise is constant hammering and drilling. Worse still, all of our kids were woken last night at 2.30 am with drilling so loud it sounded like it was directly above their beds. This went on for an hour. Concierge were less than interested, promising to call us back and never did, and this morning when we complained to front desk we were told it was emergency work on smoke alarms. Hmmm,. We are still waiting for the General Manager to come to see us but I'm not holding my breath. Such a shame because the staff generally seem extremely keen, and as I said the rooms are spectacular. Breakfast, the on,t meal we have eaten in the hotel so far, was great too with attentive service. Concierge don't seem to know a lot about what's in the neighbourhood which is also a touch odd, but I'd forgive all of that for the rooms if they had been upfront About the building work within 20 metres of the pool and had been more concerned about people having a wrecked night because of their noise. Not sure we will stay the full duration at this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Mabel_Gripper
AcqualinaManagement, General Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Mabel_Gripper,

It was a pleasure to meet you yesterday. As discussed, I was chagrined when I heard of your experience and am delighted we were able to immediately resolve your commentaries above. Thank you for staying the full duration of your planned visit.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to my office directly.

Sase Gjorsovski
1 Hotel South Beach
#7 of 208 in Miami Beach
Sole on the Ocean
#3 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach? Share your experiences!