“Impeccable Service”

Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
Colorado
“Impeccable Service”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My family and I stayed one night at Acqualina during a stopover on our way to the British Virgin Islands. Our experience was 5 star from beginning to end. In advance of the trip the concierge (Tatiana) took care of several arrangements for us in a most efficient manner. The front desk staff was really extraordinary upon check-in and our introduction/tour of the hotel. The bell staff was first rate handling bags. We managed to spend a few hours on the beach and there too the staff was very good. The beach concierge suggested we sit in one of the covered sofa's and chairs between the pools and beach while he set up our chairs, umbrellas and tables on the beach. We ordered room service for the kids for dinner. One of my kids has a gluten allergy. Room Service took my questions about food preparation and called me back 5 minutes later with answers from the kitchen with assurances on things available to choose that were gluten free and with suggestions for items that could be altered slightly to meet her needs. My wife and I had a truly fabulous dinner at Il Miluno. The quality of the food was really first rate and the service was excellent. We stayed in an absolutely gorgeous 2 bedroom suite that looked out on the pools/beaches and ocean on one side of the building and the intra-coastal waterway on the other side of the suite. I would definitely return to this hotel for a longer stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed on the 20th floor at the Acqualina in the latter part of June of this year. I can not put into words how spectacular our stay was. From the moment we were greeted and offered an ice cold bottle of water to the minute the valet brought our car around the last time at checkout. We were thrilled at the service and amenities. Everyone from the GM to the bellman was kind and always concerned that we were being taken care of. We will for sure return to this oasis on the beach in Miami for many years to come. If you have not stayed here yet, get Ready! You will want to stay again and again!

• Stayed June 2013
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Love this hotel, it's perfect in every way, would love to go there again. you need to drive to Miami beach but the location is still great and there's a plenty to do in the resort, there's sldo a lot of treatments in the spa , which I loved very much,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My mom, sister, niece and I checked into the Acqualina on June 6th, 2013 for my niece’s 10th birthday trip. The check in was amazing – champagne while checking in and very friendly front desk staff. My sister asked if there were any upgraded rooms available and lo and behold….she gave us an ocean front one bedroom suite! My niece was so excited, and it was a great time for all of us!

The staff at the hotel was amazing – attentive, friendly and would do anything for you. Then the storm came…

Friday night (June 14) the remnants of Tropical Storm Andrea came through North Miami Beach. We got nearly 14 inches of rain in a short time period. The power was out for many hours, we couldn't get dinner (unless we wanted to walk up and down 17 flights!) But that was fine, we had snacks and wine in the room and since we were upgraded we were very comfortable! The staff brought us candles and checked on us a few times.

They next day, we heard some of the staff talking about how the parking garage got flooded and the residents cars were flooded – water was waist deep down there. I asked if that was where the guest’s cars were parked! He said no, he didn't think so. We were laughing about it – at the time.

We were spending the day at the spa and I had two friends drive down from West Palm Beach (about an hour and a half) to join us. When we checked in at the spa they told us part of the spa still didn't have power. They had no hot water and some of the rooms had no electricity. I would have thought they at least would have called us (especially my friends that drove an hour and a half to go to the spa) to let us know that they weren't able to provide us the services we had signed up for. My mom had to completely change her service, and one friend and I got about 75% of our service. Another friend had her manicure and pedicure, but the room had no air so she sweated the entire time. I would have been nice for them to offer us a discount (even something nominal like 10 or 20%), but they didn't
That evening I called the valet to get my car pulled out so we could go to dinner. Guess what?? My car was in the garage that flooded! So by now it had been about 18 hours since the rain had stopped and I had to call the valet to find out that the car was flooded – they didn't call me. The parking garage manager was not at all sympathetic….he said well, you’ll just have to call your insurance company. No offer of what can we do for you, I’m so sorry, etc…just “call your insurance company”. So as you can imagine, my evening was ruined. They did offer to pay for our taxi to and from South Beach so we could go to dinner, but obviously I couldn't do that since I had to wait for the tow truck. (My sister, mom and niece did go). That was the extent of any offers or contact Acqualina initiated with me.

My friend talked to the manager that evening, asking what their disaster recovery plan was (which they clearly didn't have) and at the end just said I really hope you do right by my friend. Not so much.

I woke up Sunday to a $1,600 bill under my door (which did not include the room – I prepaid that on Expedia). No discount. No call from the manager or director apologizing. Nothing. I have to buy a new car because of where the valet parked my car (and the fact that they didn't move the cars when the rain started). It is totaled.

After more contact initiated by us, they finally agreed to give me 50% off of my bill. I am happy with the result, but the way we had to go about it was ridiculous.

As I started this letter, it’s easy to give five star service when all is well. But when faced with adversity, they failed completely.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank boztraveler
AcqualinaManagement, General Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Boztraveler,

I extend my deepest apologies for your troublesomeness after the capricious Tropical Storm Andrea that occurred on June 7, 2013. Our staff worked tirelessly to ensure the safety and comfort of each of our guests under these devastating circumstances and we can assure you that this was a very unique situation at our hotel.

As we shared with you during your stay with us, there was no prior indication of this storm’s severity with respect to our property. By the time the National Weather Service and local news outlets issued flash flood advisories, it was physically impossible to escape the damage caused by the wave of water that flooded the parking facility in the ensuing minutes. This truly was an unprecedented occurrence, caused by a natural catastrophe that was outside of our control. Acqualina was not spared by this Act of Mother Nature. As we discussed upon your departure, we sincerely apologize for your experiences at the spa and valet, these matters were addressed with our team upon your notification.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back so that you can experience the Five Star service that Acqualina is known for.

Sase Gjorsovski
Barueri, SP
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Spend a couple days to celebrate my wife b´day.
This is the best hotel in Miami,
The room is large and fancy. Hotel staff are very friendly and the tranquility pool makes the difference.
Try the lobster tail by the pool restaurant setting in front of the ocean.
The SPA is a lifetime experience, try to book the couple room,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarinoZanetti
nyc
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at this resort for a business conference and I definitely will be back again. During this time, Florida was hit with a tropical storm that knocked out their electricity. I was expected to depart that same day but stayed to enjoy the beach and pool when the weather turned sour on me. The staff, especially, Giovanna at the front desk was absolutely helpful and although I didn't get a room til about 9:30pm, I was appreciative of her help to fit me in an extra night. In addition, Maya at the Concierge was helpful with making recommendations to eat in the area and help find me a taxi. Max, the elevator greeter was friendly during the whole time when the power was out. I also checked out the spa and Nicole at the front was so friendly and sweet. I have nothing but great things to say about this resort and I hope to be back very soon!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend over memorial day. The property is truly excellent. Rooms are awesome but the staff is really what sets it over the top. They go above and beyond and are all incredibly nice. It's obviously expensive, but you really get what you pay for. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Hotel South Beach
1 Hotel South Beach
#9 of 207 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,916 reviews

Been to Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach? Share your experiences!