Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
$119
ResidenceInn.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

Sole on the Ocean(Sunny Isles Beach)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
Trump International Beach Resort(Sunny Isles Beach)
$218
Official Site
$125
$158
$97
  • Pool
Best Holiday Suites(Sunny Isles Beach)
$143
  • Pool
Marenas Beach Resort(Sunny Isles Beach)(Great Value!)
$229
$151
$524
$199
Orbitz.com
Hotwire.com
1,086 results
All reviewsil mulinocosta grillhouse cartranquility pooljuan carlosadult poolfour seasonsbedroom oceanfront suitekids clubthe general managerhuge bathroomfive star resortamazing resortsunny islesevery guestcar servicethe ritz
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This resort is extremely disappointing. Service is poor and the staff not familiar with how to treat customers. Non way this deserves even one star. They even billed me for an extra night which took three days to get reversed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank knaples
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at Acqualina in a 1 bedroom oceanfront suite for a 4 day trip. I will begin my review with the negative aspects of my stay. When I checked into hotel, I was initially greeted as MRS X, questioned when MR X would be arriving then asked for ID. I presented my passport & then I was OHHHHH, MISS X (last name different) & asked for my credit card. They had MR X's credit card on file & it really didn't matter to me if they needed my credit card, however, the woman's tone went from normal to condescending like I up to something deviant or a hooker. I informed her that reservation was made directly on the phone w/ Aqualina reservationist & she responded to that with, "OH, MR X must've made reservation on the internet somewhere." While I realize these front desk people must deal with all kinds of situations I felt as though I was dealing with the Spanish Inquisition- this pissed me off & handed over my Amex. When we checked out the front desk asked which AMEX to charge the bill- proof they had other Amex on file.

After my uncomfortable check-in, I went up to my suite. The light in the toilet room was broken & I didn't notice the room was full of toilet bowl water from a leak. I was kinda shocked no one checked the room prior to check-in to make sure in order. Front desk sent up housekeeping & repair guy. Housekeeping asked what they could do to make it better- I told them cleaning my dirty toilet water jeans would be fantastic. They were able to clean my jeans & have it back up to the room in about 3 hrs- nice. I noticed they charged 10 bucks on our final bill for this service which they later took off when we complained- it's not like 10 bucks will break the bank but they should not have thrown it on the final tab in the 1st place- c'mon people.

We had a group of cougars in the room adjacent to ours during our stay & we knew they were a group of cougars because there was ZERO soundproofing between the adjoining door in our living room mini-bar area & their bedroom. We were able to hear their conversations crystal clear which shouldn't have been the case. Our bathtub had a nice picture window, however, the shades did not come down- only a valance for decorative purposes. I didn't realize until I stood on my balcony that I was able to see the bathtub below me & my adjacent neighbors had the same ability to see into my bathroom. I'm not some kinda European exhibitionist, so this was not particularly appealing. The shower also had black mold in spots.

We enjoyed Acqualina's room service & our dinner at Il Mulino. We really didn't have the opportunity to use the beach & pool facilities since it was overcast, however, it looked very nice. I did notice a lot of kids running around & had a lunch with a screaming kid at the table next to me, so I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a romantic weekend. The spa was very nice & peaceful. The car service to the Bal Habour Mall was a nice perk.

Overall this was just a weird experience for the price- or any price really. I could see how this hotel would be good for families & kids but it's really not for couples. I'll probably either go back to the Setai on South Beach or try the St. Regis in Bal Harbour for my next long Miami weekend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gabrielle c
AcqualinaManagement, General Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear gabrielle c,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach.

I sincerely appreciate your feedback and have tried to reach you as I would personally like to speak to you.

We value the safety and privacy of all of our guests and therefore require valid identification upon arrival and the corresponding method of payment. I sincerely apologize if the manner in which this request was relayed was dissatisfying.

Your comments have been shared with our Housekeeping and Engineering staff and measures have been implemented to prevent a future recurrence of what you experienced in your suite.

Acqualina, while being a very family friendly resort, also offers the opportunity for adults to relax in a private environment as we do offer the Tranquility Pool (adults only) as well as the Acqualina Spa by ESPA Private Pool Deck and roman waterfall Jacuzzi.

Please do not hesitate to contact me as I still hope to speak to you further about your experiences during your stay with us and would like to possibly make arrangements for a future visit to our resort.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I read the other reviews and expected a wonderful 5 Star experience. But that's not what we got.
I was very clear when I made the reservation that I would be travelling with my two teenage boys. When we arrived we were given a two minute confusing tour of the resort. And the front desk asked the boys if they were 11 and 12 years old. They are both over 6 feet tall and clearly in their late teens. They were not impressed. Then we were taken to the room, which had one double bed and one tiny cot. The room by the way was well over $1000.00 a night! It was a large, impressive suite, more like a condo than a hotel. But what's the point if there is nowhere to sleep. When I called down they said there were no other rooms available but they could send up another cot. Whatever.
There were no freebies in the room, at these prices they shouldn't be adding another $4 for a coke from the fridge. There was a bunch of grapes and a bag of microwave popcorn. I remember arriving at the Ritz in San Francisco and they had warm chocolate chip cookies and some beverages, felt better than grapes and a bag of unpopped corn.
There was a large balcony, which was full of cigarette butts which had fallen from higher balconies. I called down to mention this to the front desk, because two of the butts had actually burned through the chairs on the balcony and struck me as a fire risk. They never sent anyone up to check it out.
The long list of complaints include asking where we could get a little boat to take us on a tour and being told the private boat service they used was $1400.00 for a few hours, but we would have to make our own way to South Beach. I found out later that there was a much better boat service, much cheaper and much closer to the hotel.
The day before we had taken the House Car to the mall to shop and had asked if he could take us to South Beach and we were told that we would have to be personal friends of the manager.
Which was just odd. He was very nice though, much more informative than the concierge.
Speaking of the concierge, he could not recommend anything fun for the kids to do, except riding a fake wave in a local mall.
We were given conflicting messages about the amenities. I asked if we could use the spa pool and was told that the kids had to be over 18. The next day I was told that as long as I was with them we could have used it. Too late.
They add an extra 18% to every bill, which I thought was rather steep. And greedy.
We ordered room service for breakfast and the cappuccinos were cold.
The day we were leaving I asked the concierge to make sure that there was cab ordered to take us to the airport at 3:30. When we showed up at the hotel at 3:30 it was obvious that he had not ordered the cab and we had to flag down a cab on the street, which took half an hour and we almost missed the flight.

It is a lovely building, it has nice pools and the beach is breathtaking. But the service is 3 star.
But 3 stars are reasonably priced, and everyone gets there own bed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank mariedory23

Dear mariedory23,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to have had the opportunity to speak to you personally and resolve the matters that you voiced below. As we discussed, we are taking all of your feedback into consideration and implementing your suggestions accordingly.

I am so delighted that you will be staying with us again and look forward to personally welcoming you.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We just returned from a fantastic week at the acqualina. We travelled with our two sons ages 4yrs and 20 months. Everything was incredible; the grounds, service, suite, restaurants etc! It was our second trip there and we will definitely return. Our younger son got sick during our stay and the hotel arranged for a paediatrician to come to the hotel on a Sunday! The front desk and concierge staff sent up a tray of Gatorade (since he had a stomach bug) and a sweet get-well note which was extremely nice. The staff consistently asked how he was doing and seemed to genuinely care about how we were doing. Overall, this hotel is superb in so many ways. We were very impressed.

Room Tip: Room 504B is beautiful. Spacious and has a huge terrace overlooking the ocean!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was recommended by some friends who loved the place so we decided to book a few nights of our HONEYMOON at the acqualina. So far the cleanliness of the hotel and quality food are the only positives of the stay thus far. I'm writing this review from the couch in room 1403b which is a 1 bedroom suite. The room itself is very nice and comfortable but we are having AC issues in the bedroom that have led to 2 sleepless night's.

Service has been extrememy spotty, we ordered food at the costa grill and never received it. How do you miss a whole appetizer order (shrimp cocktail and crispy Kalahari) never got either.. when we told the server we didn't even get an apology.

They.have a house car with a driver John who is very nice and accomodating, he took us to the mall and drove us back. We did some shopping which brings us to the worst part of this trip.. my bag with brand new blazer was either stolen or mistakenly thrown out. I'm assuming it was mistakenly thrown out but they have not offered me any compensation besides breakfast and a nightcap. Keep in mind I never received the nightcap and rarely eat breakfast.

In conclusion I spent roughly $800 a night for 4 nights and I'm looking to.checkout early and grab another hotel room somewhere else to salvage the Honeymoon!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank twistam1
AcqualinaManagement, General Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear twistam1,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback with me concerning your recent stay at Acqualina during our call. It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to speak to you and hear all of the details about your stay. I sincerely appreciate your inside perspective and am deeply grateful that you highlighted the positive as well as the negative.

As we discussed, I would be delighted to personally welcome you back on your next stay with us and am hoping to see you and your wife very soon.