“fabulous all luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“fabulous all luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I recently stayed at this resort and loved it. They surpassed my expectations with their wonderful customer service. beautiful resort very clean and their staff were great. they did everything in their power to make my stay comfortable and enjoyable.
Highly recommend this resort. they are classy and wonderful. the beach is beautiful and very clean.
tried all their restaurants and had wonderful meals.
will definitly go their again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ranaalbert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

OMG! My husband and I just got back from this hotel which truly deserves the 5 star that its rated! It sure is second to none! It was one of the most luxurious hotels we ever visited. The entire ambiance and vibe of this hotel makes it wonderful! The decor of the lobby is magnificent! The amenities are just too many to list. Nelson and Sophvia at the concierge desk were always so attentive to every detail and the entire staff made an effort to make our vacation the very best. The ocean front room has beautiful panelling and fine details and was very spacious. The marble bathrooms are tastefully decorated and very appealing. I really enjoyed the delicious after beach lotion. The three pools are clean and just at the right temperature with Jessica being there at your every beck and call! The hammocks and comfy red lounge chairs at the beach are perfect spots to roll up with great reading material. The beach service was amazing as well and I loved the idea of the little red service flags. ooooooh the lavish bar..... And of course I will never forget the most amazing facial experience with Dekendra at the spa! I really appreciated it! The best part of my vacation was of course Orlando who did my massage! I have had many massages in the past, but have never felt as refreshed as when i walked out of that room! Thank you once again! I had a great experience and this hotel greatly exceeded my expectations. I cant wait to go back again!

2 Thank BKauffmann
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Just got back yesterday and I couldn't wait to say that this hotel was truly one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at . And I am a 5 star girl. The atmostphere was so elegant. It was warm and tasteful. The room which was considered a standard intercoastal was so perfect. It was large enough. It was perfect because it was like having a suite. There was a a roomy livingroom area in it. I loved the detail work on the walls. The staff was so attentive. Nothing you asked for or needed was ever a bother to them. They couldn't do enough for you. From the bellman to the housekeepers. The concierge staff was the best we ever encountered. They took care of every little thing for us. The spa was beautiful . The treatments were wonderful.
We rented a cabanna at the adult only pool and it was pure heaven. It was quiet. They set you up with a huge bowl of fresh fruit and a bucket of ice and bottled waters. The best for my husband was the flat screen tv.

We can't wait to go back !!!

Chapel Hill, Nc, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I were totally fried when we arrived at Aqualina. after three days we were recharged and refreshed. This is one of the best hotel/resorts that I have ever stayed in. I travel extensively internationally and the facilities, service and staff at Aqualina are second to none!

1 Thank TarHeel810
Marblehead, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Acqualina has potential but misses on the fine details. Beautiful rooms, the lobby and common areas were equally appealing. With that being said there is just something missing, I can't quite put my finger on it. The staff is truly exceptional ("my pleasure" is obviously engrained in them) and most cases exceeded my expectations, but there were a couple of instances where they fell short. One was on the beach. We were effectively forgotten. It appeared to be standard for them to give each "set up" a flag for service but we didn’t get one. No problem, we walked up to the bar for water etc and let them know. They said they would send someone over to fix the problem but it never was fixed. We went up again and asked for the service flag since the waitress only responds when she sees the flag up. I am normally easy going and don't mind getting up...but when a resort sets a 5 star expectation its attention to details that make the difference. The idea of being lazy on the full service beach was not a reality.
All in all I would say it was a good experience and would recommend the Acqualina. The staff’s efforts and genuine nature made up for the shortcomings. The resort is part condo/part hotel which gives the place an established vibe. There did seem to be a large contingent of nouveau riche eastern Europeans in the condos that were borderline obnoxious. They did not exhibit the best of manners, but were not overtly rude.

Room Tip: You are so close to the beach that oceanview isnt necessary. I did have it which was nice, but i sp...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

First of all, while I own my own business which is doing well, I am not one of the people driving the ferrari's, maseratti's and rolls royces parked in the lobby. I booked two rooms in this hotel for business, and thought it would be a nice splurge and an extra special stay for my team. Having just returned from several 5 star hotels in Napa, I thought this hotel was a disappointment by comparison. The grounds are definitely lovely and special; the couch/grassy area is beautiful, and the hotel staff is exceptionally kind and accommodating. The rooms are very spacious. However, overall I was disappointed and did not feel the hotel was worth the expense. For one thing, when I made coffee, the spoons with the cups in my room were dirty. We stayed 3 nights and on day 3, there is still a dirty spoon in there. That's kinda gross. Also, we ate at Piazetta and the server offered me a dirty to-go container with dust and crumbs in it to take the rest of our pizza to our room. Also, every time we got our car it took 20 min which was a hassle. Also, turn down service is bottled water. Bottled water, really?? What's special about that? Tubs in the room are not jetted, and clean towels were left in a pile in the bathroom, not put away. But, most significantly of all, we were traveling with a child and they lost her beloved bear she sleeps with when they changed the bed linens. While the staff was very pleasant, overall, our stay was not the special treat I hoped it would be.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JhaleyH
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We spent 4 nights at Acqualina Resort and thoroughly enjoyed every minute! Such an exclusive feel, yet the staff (every single one we encountered) treated us with such warmth and courtesy.
The spa is a must do!! Best two hours we've spent in a long while. The beach is clean, comfortable chaises with cushions/umbrella whatever you want.
Fantastic dinner(s) at Il Mulino! Excellent!!
Lovely suite with amazing ocean views and a huge balcony....perfect.

Room Tip: Higher floor on the ocean side.
1 Thank day1
Trump International Beach Resort
#3 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,944 reviews
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Newport Beachside Hotel and Reso...
#6 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 3,065 reviews

Been to Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach? Share your experiences!