“The best”

Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I were totally fried when we arrived at Aqualina. after three days we were recharged and refreshed. This is one of the best hotel/resorts that I have ever stayed in. I travel extensively internationally and the facilities, service and staff at Aqualina are second to none!

1  Thank TarHeel810

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Acqualina has potential but misses on the fine details. Beautiful rooms, the lobby and common areas were equally appealing. With that being said there is just something missing, I can't quite put my finger on it. The staff is truly exceptional ("my pleasure" is obviously engrained in them) and most cases exceeded my expectations, but there were a couple of instances where they fell short. One was on the beach. We were effectively forgotten. It appeared to be standard for them to give each "set up" a flag for service but we didn’t get one. No problem, we walked up to the bar for water etc and let them know. They said they would send someone over to fix the problem but it never was fixed. We went up again and asked for the service flag since the waitress only responds when she sees the flag up. I am normally easy going and don't mind getting up...but when a resort sets a 5 star expectation its attention to details that make the difference. The idea of being lazy on the full service beach was not a reality.
All in all I would say it was a good experience and would recommend the Acqualina. The staff’s efforts and genuine nature made up for the shortcomings. The resort is part condo/part hotel which gives the place an established vibe. There did seem to be a large contingent of nouveau riche eastern Europeans in the condos that were borderline obnoxious. They did not exhibit the best of manners, but were not overtly rude.

Room Tip: You are so close to the beach that oceanview isnt necessary. I did have it which was nice, but i sp...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2013

First of all, while I own my own business which is doing well, I am not one of the people driving the ferrari's, maseratti's and rolls royces parked in the lobby. I booked two rooms in this hotel for business, and thought it would be a nice splurge and an extra special stay for my team. Having just returned from several 5 star hotels in Napa, I thought this hotel was a disappointment by comparison. The grounds are definitely lovely and special; the couch/grassy area is beautiful, and the hotel staff is exceptionally kind and accommodating. The rooms are very spacious. However, overall I was disappointed and did not feel the hotel was worth the expense. For one thing, when I made coffee, the spoons with the cups in my room were dirty. We stayed 3 nights and on day 3, there is still a dirty spoon in there. That's kinda gross. Also, we ate at Piazetta and the server offered me a dirty to-go container with dust and crumbs in it to take the rest of our pizza to our room. Also, every time we got our car it took 20 min which was a hassle. Also, turn down service is bottled water. Bottled water, really?? What's special about that? Tubs in the room are not jetted, and clean towels were left in a pile in the bathroom, not put away. But, most significantly of all, we were traveling with a child and they lost her beloved bear she sleeps with when they changed the bed linens. While the staff was very pleasant, overall, our stay was not the special treat I hoped it would be.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JhaleyH
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We spent 4 nights at Acqualina Resort and thoroughly enjoyed every minute! Such an exclusive feel, yet the staff (every single one we encountered) treated us with such warmth and courtesy.
The spa is a must do!! Best two hours we've spent in a long while. The beach is clean, comfortable chaises with cushions/umbrella whatever you want.
Fantastic dinner(s) at Il Mulino! Excellent!!
Lovely suite with amazing ocean views and a huge balcony....perfect.

Room Tip: Higher floor on the ocean side.
1  Thank day1
Reviewed January 15, 2013

First off, I'm a Virtuoso travel agent that gets to visit many 4 and 5 star hotels often and the Acqualina stands out. Rooms are large,clean and very comfortable. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and always there for any request. The hotel car is great to take you to Bal Harbour shops or area restaurants. The spa was very nice and relaxing.
Acqualina is a little north of Miami and a great choice for families. I saw many kids involved in all the activities they offered and the parents and kids seemed to love it.

Room Tip: Oceanview 1 bedrooms are very spacious
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jessica y
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We just had four nites at this wonderful hotel. Could not fault it in any way. The staff are lovely, the facilities and beach are first class. We would stay there again in a heartbeat. Their courtesy car driver John, is a wonderful asset with an endearing personality. Loved our stay.

4  Thank LuGlasgow
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Has a lovely stay the staff were very helpful and friendly and especially the concierge and the house driver john
Wonderful position great beach right near aventura mall but
Sun loungers around pool too cramped and poor quality wi fi

• Stayed: January 2013
Faena Hotel Miami Beach
#9 of 212 in Miami Beach
Sole on the Ocean
#4 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach? Share your experiences!