“Disappointed...”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I have been here for take out a couple of times and I thought I would try dinning in. Well, I must say I was really disappointed. The food was bland and tasted as if it was boiled. The service was average at best. Friendly but slow. They got my order wrong and I just couldn't wait to finish and leave. The atmosphere was bright and cafeteria like. All in all not sure if I would do it again.

There are newer reviews for Philip Ho

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

American tourist expecting usual garbage chinese will not like it, since this is real hong kong style cooking. Yes, its not cheap but nothing good is in Miami. We brought our own lobster, which they cooked perfectly in a blackbean sauce and the other in ginger scallion. Also the jelly fish was good with some spice. They had a whole fresh fish, good too. Only thing was $10 for a bowl of white rice when spening big on entrees and drinks, does not seem right. Dim sum was good too to start, so overall, pretty good. They need some work to get 5 star vote.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Good decent Chinese food. Dim sum was good. Had sweet and sour pork and special fried rice that was big enough to share between two people. Service good. Would go again.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Philip Ho is a pleasant surprise in an area void of good Chinese food. We had wonderful dim sum ordered from a menu not carts. The items were fresh and hot and best of all delicious. Har gow, su mai,steamed dumplings, rice noodles and many more dim sum items. The restaurant is clean and tastefully decorated. The service is also good. I was at the restaurant last year and was disappointed. They have really improved their food and service this year.
I returned for dinner and found the food was fine.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had the worst experience at this restaurant in Sunny Isles. The server did not speak English, she delivered our food to a different table (they kept it) and the Manager would not help us- except to criticize the server in front of us and her! The evening got worse and worse and I finally left the restaurant. Do not go here!