“Tremendous grocery store, not so hot restaurant!”
Review of Epicure Gourmet Cafe - CLOSED

Epicure Gourmet Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Description: Located on the famous Collins Avenue at 172 Street in “Florida’s Riviera” (Sunny Isles Beach) our café has the feel of a European piazza. With a full bar and a restaurant, we offer an outdoor/indoor space with gorgeous views, refreshing ocean breezes, and fine food. Come visit us and enjoy your hand-crafted cocktail, gourmet meal, or special event in a fun, relaxed atmosphere!“My original vision for the Sunny Isles Beach Epicure was to create a European-feeling restaurant and café within the market. After two years of great success, I was excited to expand the existing café into a full-service restaurant with a fresh, new menu.”Jason Starkman, CEO Open 7 Days a Week: 8AM-midnight everydayFull Bar: Liquor, Beer, WineFlat Screen TelevisionsFull –Service Coffee BarDelivery
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Gourmet grocery store - many excellent, but expensive items, but breakfast left something to be desired. I don't know how difficult it is to burn scrambled eggs, but whoever cooked them needs a simple cooking course. I sent my eggs benedict back - the inside of the eggs were stringy, raw just undercooked, served on an offering of burnt toast.
The poor waitress was very embarrassed, I felt sorry for her having to serve this for our breakfast. The restaurant did remove the cost of the eggs benedict from our bill

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Excelent quality, many options, very nice staff, convenient location. Definitly a great place to fetch meals to go or to eat in.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We ate here on a second night and the meal was very good. We had a starter and main course but could not eat it all as the quantities are large. Good value for money and the waiter was very attentive. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed across Collins Ave at the Doubletree and needed a break from hotel food.
I'm glad I bumped into Epicure.

I had a Reuben Panini. As a Reuben connoisseur, I am usually reluctant to order it due to fear of disappointment. The way the sandwich was nicely displayed had me confident of a good experience and Epicure's Reuben didn't disappoint. The corned beef was delicious, and overall the sandwich was above average in size. Overall, this was among the best I've ever had.
( Mastoris in Bordentown, NJ is still #1).

My wife had the chunky chicken salad on a french bread roll and she loved it.
The roll was very fresh.

Desert: a black and white cookie, and for me the custard fruit tart.
This was not some ordinary custard fruit tart. The custard and crust were very fresh and the top was piled high with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and kiwi. An explosion of fresh fruit flavor-- both sweet and tart in every bite.
It was easily 2 to 3 times larger than is typical and was priced at about $5.95. This could have been my lunch.

The store/cafe layout was excellent. Everything looked delicious. While on the pricey side, I am willing to pay a slight premium for quality.

Above all else, the staff we came in contact with at the prepared food counter, the bakery and at the register were all very helpful and incredibly friendly.

I recommend Epicure !

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a couple of wraps there and no drinks.and we had to wait a while,although there weren't many people there,after seeing the prices,I know why!There is a supermarket/deli attached to this café also. We were tired and the waiter was rushing us to order when he did arrive so we didn't notice that it was $33 for the 2 ordinary wraps!! They were supposed to be chefs special,but there was nothing special about them.Very bad value