“New cuban food fan!”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went there twice, on a Friday and Saturday. Very family friendly, service was amazing! For example, when I asked for a spoon for my 7 month old, the waiter asked if I wanted plastic or metal, and came back with both! Even brought extra napkins without us asking! The first night, the first waiter nicely asked us if we spoke spanish, and when we said we didn't, another waitress took over, but the first came by repeatedly to make sure we were okay.
I had the fish with garlic sauce twice. Well cooked both times, but you definitely have to like garlic! My husband had the garlic chicken (which was ok) and the chicken milanese the second time (which was amazing). Portions are HUGE and prices more than reasonable (entrees include 2 sides of your choice, and are between 10.99 and 15.99). It's a family owned restaurant, not a pretentious 5 star dining experience... but we came out very satisfied both times!

There are newer reviews for El Tropico Cuban Cuisine

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Went to El Tropico simply based on its #1 ranking on TA in Sunny Isles and was not disappointed in the least. Food was EXCELLENT! The fish and pork dishes my wife and I had were excellent and the mojitos were out of this world!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Looks like a cafe on one side and a nice restaurant on the other. Food is fabulous and wait staff is friendly. I ate there almost every day.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Good food and good music go there. We went Friday, July 13, 2012. They make excellent Mojoitos. The band was excellent. There is dancing.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Everything was delicious but very greasy. Is that how Cuban food is supposed to be? I tried one of their specialties... a fried fish in and bright yellow sauce (which is not something I usually order) and it was fantastic. My husband loved the plantaines but said his fajitas were not good.