“Cancelled Booking And Haven't Made The Trip Yet.”

Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have yet to make our trip to Miami and when I cancelled the booking they never refunded my money. My bank had to take care of it for me. I spoke to a lady 7 days after I cancelled and she told me that it had been refunded and I needed to contact my bank. I spoke with the bank and they informed me that it was still a charge. I called the office back and the same lady answered, put me on hold, came back to the phone and said, It was an error in processing and it would be refunded the same day. I waited and additional 3 days, still no refund. I called back and they sent me to voicemail everytime I called after that for an entire 48 hours. Horrible service. I had to send and email to bookings.com and dispute the charge with my bank. I finally received my refund yesterday and it was only because my bank to care of it. The reason for the cancellation was because of the horrible reviews about trying to get in touch with someone and they were right. I would NEVER book another trip without reading the reviews again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank liajlee7

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Please, read reviews, policies and view all travelers photos before booking!!!!! This is by far the worse hotel ever, we haven't even packed to began on our trip and we're having problems. We heed the warning signs and cancel. Week one and we still getting the run arounds, represenative claimed that the refund was submitted, then claims it was an error on the banking. Still no refund and now the represenative has forward all calls to another phone (seems to be a cell) no answer. Voice mailbox full and woldn't you know, they appear to be associated with Globalquarters.com which is based out of NY. They seemed to be more helpful only if they knew who we were...dead end and more run arounds...Again I say, we haven't even left for our trip yet. DON"T WASTE YOUR TIME NOR MONEY!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jerry C
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I am not that picky when it comes to hotels; I normally take the reviews at face value and try to give the benefit of the doubt.

That being said, this could truly be a decent place to stay if they paid attention to detail.

Mildewed shower - unacceptable. Take the time to use Tilex once in a while - it goes a long way.

Clogged dryer vent - again, take the time to make sure the appliances are in good working order. It's a huge annoyance to have spent the money on laundry supplies only to find out the dryer will not dry the clothes.

Wi-fi did not work. When we called down, they offered to leave a message for someone, but we never got a call back.

The valet is annoying, especially if you leave something in the car.

No extra garbage bags, dish soap, or dish towels.

I get that these are condo apartments, but for the cost, I expected a lot more; it's a shame because it truly is a nice place in a nice location. I feel if you're going to advertise on the major travel sites, you should have your stuff together.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank CoEliHoz82
Reviewed February 4, 2013

As others have pointed out and warned, this is not a real hotel, but a few units owned by City Elite Stays. The larger property looks very nice driving up, but once inside you can tell this was a "busted condo deal" gone bad. We had a large 3 bedroom unit; but found it to be dirty, dirty dirty, and unsafe - the door and slider did not lock property. Customer service is a real issue. We gave a cash deposit at check in (after waiting 30 minutes for someone to show up). When it was time to leave there was no one at the office so we could not get our money back. Again we waited 30 minutes but no one helped out. I am surprised that the major travel sites continuee to do business with City Elite.

Room Tip: Rooms with City Elite Stay should be avoided.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank DF3_13
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Need I say more?
Apartment I -504. Dont know if its a problem in all the rental apartments in this building or was it just my luck, but this apartment is a
Dirty , bugs infested apartment.
I never waited to leave a hotel as much. Couldn't sleep at night , must have killed 30 cockroaches of different sizes.
Kitchen, dining room table, carpet, bathroom. You name it.
Had to throw all the food we bought. We practically spent 90% of the time outdoors .
The toilet at one of the bathrooms was constantly running water, stains on bathroom floors, mildew everywhere, filthy !!!!!
I'm not one of those people who complain , but I have to say this was a disaster.
I called to complain and was promised someone would call at working hours. Still haven't heard back.
The most disappointing stay I ever had :(

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Amore613
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I and a few of our friends rented a 3 bedroom condo here from November 28th to December 2nd before we got on our cruise.

Condo: The condo itself was in okay condition. There were 3 bedrooms one with a king bed, one with a queen and one with 2 twins and 2 bathrooms. We were on the 22nd floor and the view was breath taking. It had a full kitchen, dining room table, living room, washer and dryer, free wifi and the kitchen came fully stocked with equipment such as a coffee maker, toaster etc.

Location: The area is Sunny Isles which is about 25 minutes away from South Beach. We rented a car so we didn't mind the distance.

Staff: Non existent, they are only there Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm.If you need anything after those hours you are out of luck. If you go down to the front desk they will tell you they cannot help you. They gave us a form with a number to call if we have any questions and we called the number and they said they cannot assist us we have to wait until Monday (which defeats the purposes as we would be gone by Monday). The toilet bowl handle in one of the bathrooms was not working and unfortunately we couldn't get it fixed.

Valet Parking: This complex requires valet parking which is such as hassle.It would be much better if you could simply park your own car. The valet people are unorganized and gave one lady the key to someone Else's car.

Pool & Gym: The pool and gym were on the 5th floor and both very nice, big and clean.

Check out: We had to give our 2 keys and pool card to the security guard and that was considered checking out.

Overall: The condo itself was nice, but I wouldn't stay here again. There are far more places with better customer service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mrswilson2012
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Unfortunately we have rented here and its' now month two and I must say this is the worst apartment building I have ever lived in. You hear everything including the people upstairs, next to you and beside you. From balcony doors slamming to footsteps constantly above you this is by far the worst building EVER. Do not rent or even think about staying here. The building smells, the leasing agents BS you into renting here and the valets could care less about you or hardly even speak english besides hola. Do yourself a favor and spend a little more and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: yea, don't get one.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family