“Needs Work”

Intracoastal Yacht Club
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I am not that picky when it comes to hotels; I normally take the reviews at face value and try to give the benefit of the doubt.

That being said, this could truly be a decent place to stay if they paid attention to detail.

Mildewed shower - unacceptable. Take the time to use Tilex once in a while - it goes a long way.

Clogged dryer vent - again, take the time to make sure the appliances are in good working order. It's a huge annoyance to have spent the money on laundry supplies only to find out the dryer will not dry the clothes.

Wi-fi did not work. When we called down, they offered to leave a message for someone, but we never got a call back.

The valet is annoying, especially if you leave something in the car.

No extra garbage bags, dish soap, or dish towels.

I get that these are condo apartments, but for the cost, I expected a lot more; it's a shame because it truly is a nice place in a nice location. I feel if you're going to advertise on the major travel sites, you should have your stuff together.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank CoEliHoz82

Reviewed February 4, 2013

As others have pointed out and warned, this is not a real hotel, but a few units owned by City Elite Stays. The larger property looks very nice driving up, but once inside you can tell this was a "busted condo deal" gone bad. We had a large 3 bedroom unit; but found it to be dirty, dirty dirty, and unsafe - the door and slider did not lock property. Customer service is a real issue. We gave a cash deposit at check in (after waiting 30 minutes for someone to show up). When it was time to leave there was no one at the office so we could not get our money back. Again we waited 30 minutes but no one helped out. I am surprised that the major travel sites continuee to do business with City Elite.

Room Tip: Rooms with City Elite Stay should be avoided.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank DF3_13
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Need I say more?
Apartment I -504. Dont know if its a problem in all the rental apartments in this building or was it just my luck, but this apartment is a
Dirty , bugs infested apartment.
I never waited to leave a hotel as much. Couldn't sleep at night , must have killed 30 cockroaches of different sizes.
Kitchen, dining room table, carpet, bathroom. You name it.
Had to throw all the food we bought. We practically spent 90% of the time outdoors .
The toilet at one of the bathrooms was constantly running water, stains on bathroom floors, mildew everywhere, filthy !!!!!
I'm not one of those people who complain , but I have to say this was a disaster.
I called to complain and was promised someone would call at working hours. Still haven't heard back.
The most disappointing stay I ever had :(

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Amore613
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I and a few of our friends rented a 3 bedroom condo here from November 28th to December 2nd before we got on our cruise.

Condo: The condo itself was in okay condition. There were 3 bedrooms one with a king bed, one with a queen and one with 2 twins and 2 bathrooms. We were on the 22nd floor and the view was breath taking. It had a full kitchen, dining room table, living room, washer and dryer, free wifi and the kitchen came fully stocked with equipment such as a coffee maker, toaster etc.

Location: The area is Sunny Isles which is about 25 minutes away from South Beach. We rented a car so we didn't mind the distance.

Staff: Non existent, they are only there Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm.If you need anything after those hours you are out of luck. If you go down to the front desk they will tell you they cannot help you. They gave us a form with a number to call if we have any questions and we called the number and they said they cannot assist us we have to wait until Monday (which defeats the purposes as we would be gone by Monday). The toilet bowl handle in one of the bathrooms was not working and unfortunately we couldn't get it fixed.

Valet Parking: This complex requires valet parking which is such as hassle.It would be much better if you could simply park your own car. The valet people are unorganized and gave one lady the key to someone Else's car.

Pool & Gym: The pool and gym were on the 5th floor and both very nice, big and clean.

Check out: We had to give our 2 keys and pool card to the security guard and that was considered checking out.

Overall: The condo itself was nice, but I wouldn't stay here again. There are far more places with better customer service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mrswilson2012
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I booked a two bedroom apartment at the Intracoastal Apartments with Globe Quarters, who offer a better price than the usual online booking websites, such as booking.com, Expedia, etc. I was left with a positive impression of the resort after reading several reviews on the internet. My two bedroom apartment (about 1.000 sqft) with a living room, two bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen and a balcony, was tastefully decorated and with an awesome intracoastal view. The WiFi high speed internet was a major plus with great performance and throughput.
On receiving by email the reservation confirmation, I was informed that the key, an access card and a parking permit would be left at the security gate in an envelope with my name. There was no check-in procedure and so far so good. I found a short welcome package in my apartment with the WiFi user name and password, and providing the necessary information, should I need to contact the customer service in case of any complaint or concern. I am all for independence and welcome this simplified procedure.
My apartment was no doubt a five star accommodation in a three-building rental property that includes private owners, who live here. Some of these owners have pets and this is where the five-star category of the apartments is inconsistent with an environment that does not conform to generally accepted standards of peaceful neighborhood. One floor below my apartment the owners left their dog at night locked out on the balcony, so the continuous barking was irritating. This was not the only case, because I heard other dogs at night incessantly barking. At this point, it occurred to me that the reality television series, the Dog Whisperer, tells all about problem dogs and it is worth watching, not only for people who have unbalanced pets, but also for everyone.
I complained about the barking to Zebo Sokolskiy, who later informed me they had talked to these people, kindly requesting them not to lock the dog out on the balcony at night, but nothing really changed. Regulations about barking dogs or other noise from neighbors vary from country to country. In some cases, they are covered by noise laws, in others by nuisance laws, but in my opinion, be it noise or nuisance from inconsiderate neighbors, it is either way totally inconceivable in a five-star resort. I hope this review is useful for noise-sensitive people, because had I known about this, I would not have come here. I entirely subscribe to the notion that noise is a form of aggression.
The compulsory valet parking is also a major nuisance and another downside is the loud air condition unit, but I solved this by turning it off.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MariaCB
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Unfortunately we have rented here and its' now month two and I must say this is the worst apartment building I have ever lived in. You hear everything including the people upstairs, next to you and beside you. From balcony doors slamming to footsteps constantly above you this is by far the worst building EVER. Do not rent or even think about staying here. The building smells, the leasing agents BS you into renting here and the valets could care less about you or hardly even speak english besides hola. Do yourself a favor and spend a little more and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: yea, don't get one.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Michael L
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Perfect for my kind of trip!!!
Great price, perfect location and nice people!!!
If you go in june the prices are even better, but I recommend you to call them and deal with a ladie called Rozzalya, she's the best!!!
All the time I was perfectly attended by them! Free WiFi, garage spot, cable TV...but the best is the washing machine inside the room, it saves you a lot of money!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends