Let me just say that whenever this hotel is finished; it'll probably be great! As of right now its okay but needs improvement. Considering the low price I paid per night It was of great value HOWEVER much of what posted on the site re: its amenities in the rooms are not necessarily true. I booked a ocean view double. It was very dark in the room expect for the day time when we open the curtains. There were 2 SMAll lamps that provide little light to the room. No clock and/or MP3 Ipod docking station. The phone was inoperable, no coffee maker, no hangers were available in the closet. No extras like pillows or blankets. Only 2 towels provided for the stay unless requested. The cleaning crew didn't come around until late in the evening either. We were told that the King suites MIGHT have those amenities to include a microwave etc but no guarantee. The person in the rm beside us puffed on a cigar every am which came into our room but the hotel staff said they couldn't find the smoke when they went to his/her room which couldn't be inspected because the person didn't open the door. Hmmm that's prob smart in a non-smoking hotel. There wasn't even an offer to move us to another room but rather we should open the balcony door. THANKS SOLE FOR THE 2ND HAND SMOKE!
There's no room service or restaurant located on the premises. The gym isn't finished yet (understandable) the Poolside bar doesn't have food UNLESS requested during the NON-PUBLICIZED few hours of meal deals... U don't smell anything cooking or even know that they serve food. Pool Cabanas are cute a lil dirty but cute. The beach is AWESOME but you have to pay for each chair you use and the Umbrella as well. I believe it was $10/chair & $20-$30?? for ur 'brella each day.. the towels will be billed to the room if not returned to the specific person who gives them to you. These are all usually complimentary in resorts and/or beach hotels: at least where I've stayed. Again there isn't a periodic cabana boy or girl asking if you like a drink but staff complained that there's no traffic to the bar. It prob would be if they turned the music up had a menu and advertised food/drink specials, etc! No wkend beach parties or anything like that.
DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WANT TO PARTY!!! SBeach is about 30minutes away so rent a car or pay the $75each way cab fare. U could do the $2 bus but it runs sparsely after 12am. Sunny Isles is more of a laid back well-to-do Retirement Community. :) Tony Romas & the Peruvian Chicken spot were the best meals. The malls were breaths of fresh air! Good Mix of stores. However, if I were to return I'd have a car and hope that some changes have been made.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sole On The Ocean, Sunny Isles Beach is located between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Our boutique resort soars above some of South Florida's most celebrated shopping destinations, restaurants, nightlife, and the Atlantic Ocean. Sole on the Ocean's 24-stories and 249 rooms offer a fresh perspective on Sunny Isles Beach. Services include access to our gym, steam room, sauna, outdoor pool and sundeck, as well beach umbrellas and lounge chairs, including breathtaking views from Fresh American Bistro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Sole on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sole On The Ocean Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Sole On The Ocean Florida/Sunny Isles Beach