Arrived at the hotel, very hard to locate due to the Sole sign being set back and not visible from the road. Given our room only to find it overlooking a hotel next door, not ocean front as booked. After a complaint we given an oceanfront. In the room no towels soap or any toiletries. We understood that the hotel had a restaurant and a spa. It would seem that we are a few months early. But not to worry we have a kitchen in the suite, no coffee maker, no toaster, still after a few calls we have these items. I had seen a review telling all that this place was heaven on earth, Tempurpedic beds, no, but they are comfortable.The linen is very good quality as are the towels although somewhat small and rare.The rooms are very spacious but they are so devoid of any character, bare walls everywhere you look. It would just take a picture on the wall and a bowl on the table or a vase to give that lived in feeling. No bedside lamps, one small lamp in the lounge area that we took into the bedroom in order to read as there is no TV in the bedroom. A good size flatscreen in the lounge gives us the only light in that area. To get to the pool you have to go thru the garage and along the side of the hotel, today there is dog turd ( I THINK) and the area has not seen a broom for a while. After getting to the small pool area a few tables and chairs and 3 wicker enclosed seats, no loungers by the pool but for a few bucks there are loungers on the beach. Many other things, the elevators will be very nice when they are finished, they do go up and down but inside are not completed. The carpets in the halls look very well worn, and again could do with a good vacuum. On the up side the weather is great, such a shame that the hotel is not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sole On The Ocean, Sunny Isles Beach is located between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Our boutique resort soars above some of South Florida's most celebrated shopping destinations, restaurants, nightlife, and the Atlantic Ocean. Sole on the Ocean's 24-stories and 249 rooms offer a fresh perspective on Sunny Isles Beach. Services include access to our gym, outdoor pool and sundeck, beach umbrellas and lounge chairs, complimentary paddle boards, Food Service at the beach, pool and room service from the kitchen of our Fresh American Bistro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sole on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sole On The Ocean Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Sole On The Ocean Florida/Sunny Isles Beach