“Great location, Nice and large rooms(suites), cleanliness of rooms needs to be IMPROVED” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sole on the Ocean

You added Sole on the Ocean to your Saves list
Sole on the Ocean
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17315 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
GreenLeadersBronze level
Asuncion, Paraguay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I´ve been going to this hotel for a few years now. It has definitely been improving with time although I must mention few things that still need to be improved. Service at the beach is extremely slow. Some days, I believe weekends mostly, there was only one guy serving around 200 people at the beach. Everytime you ordered a coke, or bottled water (not food that had to be prepared) it took like 45 minutes to come. One day, there was just Adam working on the beach, and he was excellent, but definitely needed help!!! I mentioned it to Destiny, who was in charge of the area and she was very understanding and tried to help but couldn´t do much with no personnel.
Another thing is that the rooms are not cleaned appropriately. Few times I returned to my room to find the rug not being vacuumed, the dust not being wiped off, among other things. Once Moraima showed up (housekeeping manager) and saw the mess and called the cleaning lady back up to fix it up.
Last, I would like to say that lights in the room are very scarce. At night I could barely see my clothes and stuff.
The rest of the hotel is great. I booked a partial oceanview 2 bedroom suite since I was traveling with my kids. The room is comfy and has lots of space. People at the front desk were awesome, specially Mrs Amaya(I believe that is her last name). Also the guys at valet were very helpful and friendly. They brought our vehicles very quickly compared to other hotels I´ve been to.
Ferris restaurant has great food and there was also a manager there who was awesome, recommended great entrees and made sure we were satisfied.
The hotel is very well located, with 24hs Walgreens across the street, Epicure gourmet supermarket also across the street where you can also have lunch and dinner, lots of other restaurants around, banks, etc.... Aventura mall just a 10 minute ride.
Even though I think there are few things that I mentioned that have to be improved, I would surely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are very small!! The rest of the suites are very spacious!
Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Leissa C
GSMSanford, Guest Relations Manager at Sole on the Ocean, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
We are always pleased to welcome guests back to Sole and that you enjoyed the improvements we continually make. Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback on your most recent stay. Rest assured, we have already shared your comments with our entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to see the difference comments such as yours have made.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Im struggling to find anything bad to say about this hotel!!

The whole sole team throughout was absolutely from the amazing receptionists like Jennifer, who had to point us in the right direction numerous times as we didn't have a clue how to get about!! She was absolutely amazing! Even the valet guys were always willing to help and would wish us a wonderful day when saw them!
Not forgetting the pool and beach staff who were absolutely amazing and really looked after us throughout the whole of out stay! We had some really great conversations and they had lots of time for us. There were a few days when we didn't know what to do with out evenings and they had numerous brilliant ideas of things we could do with our time. The food and cocktails at the pool bar was really good. There was always LOADS of sunbeds for us to use in the shade or in the sun and we didn't find it was to busy which we liked!

In order to get to any other floors other than reception you need to use your room key to scan in the lift before it will move which is a really good idea because you know you wont have anyone random wondering around the hotel other than guests but can also be a bit annoying with having to have it in your hand all the time.

The room was lovely and spacious with a lovely balcony which annoyingly didn't have a table or chairs as that would have been a lovely touch, in previous holidays we have really enjoyed sitting out on the balcony in the evenings.

We had a lovely walk in shower which was really lovely and refreshing and the bed has got to be the most comfortable bed I have EVER slept in!

The rooms are beautiful and we had a partial ocean view but it was more than enough! You could see the sea wile laying in bed in the mornings and its an amazing way to wake up!!

The hotel has lots of restaurants and a few shops close by but south beach is only 45mins on the bus or obviously even less in a car!

Overall it was an amazing holiday and we would defiantly return!!

Thanks for an amazing holiday sole!!
From the burnt british couple!! haha.
(21st July 2014 for 6 Nights)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
We hope you will return. Please reach out to me directly when you are ready to return – we will have an array of sunblock waiting for you.
Burbank
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I visited this hotel back in October of 2013 and I knew already than I would come back . My friend and I returned again this July and she was totally amazed by the entire stay here .
From the upgrade of our room to the pleasant staff , we were overwhelmed on how truly special they made us feel .

Sanford is truly " the director of happiness ". I don't know who gave him this name , but it's absolutely appropriate to his personality and behavior . He
Is pleasant and kind and thinks through every detail for his guests .
Juan , Anna at the front desk . We can't thank you enough .
Totally recommend this place for your vacation in Florida .
Well see you again . No doubt .
Thank you all !!!

Natalie Kalantaryan

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear Natali; It was truly a pleasure to host you and your friend. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves with providing a personalized experience in a Boutique setting for each of our guests. As the Director of Happiness and on behalf of My role encompasses many facets of the Hotel and I thank you for your kind words and acknowledgement to our Associates, we are so pleased to know how much you enjoyed your Sole experience which proves that we are on a successful path. Please reach out to me directly when you travels return you to Sunny Isles.
Best,
Sanford DiDonna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. Right on the ocean. Staff is wonderful. The beach staff was amazing. If you ever visit(which you should) look for Diego , Angel or Carlos. Their service was great! They were quick , friendly, always smiling and got whatever you needed.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kanisha M: It is delightful to read that you enjoyed your experience at Sole and were pampered by our Team and providing professional service with a personal touch. I certainly, review acknowledging the associates mentioned. Please come visit again in the near future, we are already looking forward to have you back here at the resort.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

from the check in to check out my stay at the the SOLE ON THE OCEAN was just amazing from meeting Sandford ( guest relations manager ) to the rest of the staff especially Juan who was so knowledgeable about places to eat and the night life in miami. i originally booked a lower end room as i would be working during my week in miami, but as soon as i got there their desk staff decided to upgrade me to a king suite with ocean view. Was just amazing to wake up to the sunrises every morning..

looking forward to a return trip and stay..

Room Tip: pay the extra and get the ocean view trust me so worth it
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear Treavor G: I am elated to see that your stay with us met all of your expectations and that enjoyed your upgrade. Sole Hotel is a Boutique where we engage and embrace each guest on personal level where our staff is readily available to assist with our guest needs and our Concierges can make magic happen, should you wish to see a show, take a tour or need transportation. I will certainly inform Juan you have mentioned and commended him on his customer service. I look forward to greeting you again when your travels return you to your “Home away from Home.
Coconut Creek FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Wonder full hotel great view great staff especially Luis @ the pool bar. We will be back The hotel was a decent price for the area and the beach restaurant was a bit pricey But there is no doubt we will be back Thx. Sole irie.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
GSMSanford, Guest Relations Manager at Sole on the Ocean, responded to this review, September 19, 2014
Dear Théotime D: It is our aim to provide each of our guest with a personalized experience and glad to hear how much you enjoyed yours. Our Boutique hotels tranquil location and surrounding are ideal for a stay-cation or vacation and sits on a private Beach on Sunny Isles and is minutes from Aventura Mall or Bal Harbour Shoppes by Taxi or Auto-Bus, Dining and a short drive to South Beach’s Art Deco District. We hope that we will see you again.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is our second staycation at Sole. It just gets better!!! We took our 16 month old along with us this time, she too had a blast! The food, view, staff were all amazing. I especially want to thank Anna and Wade for their hospitality. They made everything so easy. Also, the waiter who served us breakfast at Alba and the valet guys were so patient with us. One of them even went down to the garage to get a bag that we forgot in the truck. All around great experience, we'll definitely be back. This is our home down on the beach! Thank you for giving my hubby a great birthday weekend!

Room Tip: Oceafront all the way!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank StVal77
GSMSanford, Guest Relations Manager at Sole on the Ocean, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
I am very glad to hear that your second staycation was everything you expected and more. Our Boutique Hotel, offers Concierge Services that can tailor our guests experience whether it be, Shopping, Tours, nite-life, dining or just relaxing on our beautiful private Pool & Beach Club. We will be sure to share your sentiments to those mentioned to our staff and especially Anna and Wade. We look forward to seeing your family again on your next trip to Sunny Isles.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
Marenas Beach Resort
#4 of 8 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,051 reviews
Thompson Miami Beach
#5 of 207 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,189 reviews
Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel M...
#8 of 8 in Sunny Isles Beach
Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach
Trump International Beach Resort
#3 of 8 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,730 reviews

Been to Sole on the Ocean? Share your experiences!