I am a frequent traveler and always use Trip Advisor as a helpful and accurate tool. This is the first time that I have to disagree with the ranking given to a hotel. I have stayed in Miami several times and decided to stay in Sunny Isles this time. I booked a double room at Sole on the Ocean for 11 days. My definition of the hotel: a nice place to shower and sleep in front of the ocean. Period. If you are looking for any kind of service, even at a minimum level, run away from this place. The rooms as ok and spacious, but poorly maintained. When we arrived, the A/C of the second unit was not working. Good for Miami's summer... After 5 days of complaint and absolutely no response, we offered to change rooms. We accepted and, when arrived in the new room, surprise: it was occupied. We went back to the old room (2105 a and b) and waited another day to receive an offer to change room again. We rejected the offer and the proposed new room was really bad and stayed without air for the entire stay. The stove of the larger unit was also not working and, irrespective of the several complaints, was never fixed. Room service is a special point: they are so rude that you feel that you are doing them a favor. One day, the lady entered the room at 9:30, turned on the lights and woke my two kids up. We had to force her out of the room, not without hearing some really nasty words. And, yes, our floor was being painted during our stay. Nothing like getting to the room and feeling that fresh paint odor!!! Amenities are non existent and the bar is very limited. Finally, don't walk in the corridor without shoes. The carpet is as dirty as it can be... Summarizing, if you are absolutely not into receiving any kind of service, even a bad one, and want a place to shower after the beach, this could be the place. If, however, you require some basic, and I mean really basic, service from a hotel that you are paying for, then DO NOT STAY HERE! Certainly not a 4-star place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sole On The Ocean, Sunny Isles Beach is located between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Our boutique resort soars above some of South Florida's most celebrated shopping destinations, restaurants, nightlife, and the Atlantic Ocean. Sole on the Ocean's 24-stories and 249 rooms offer a fresh perspective on Sunny Isles Beach. Services include access to our gym, outdoor pool and sundeck, beach umbrellas and lounge chairs, complimentary paddle boards, Food Service at the beach, pool and room service from the kitchen of our Fresh American Bistro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sole on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sole On The Ocean Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Sole On The Ocean Florida/Sunny Isles Beach