“Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, Canada
“Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I absolutely loved staying here! The rooms were large, clean, and comfortable, and the location directly on the beach was superb! But what really made this hotel special was the staff. Sandy the Concierge took 2 hours out of his day to talk to us and make us feel welcome. He also specially arranged a trip to the Everglades for us! Every staff member from the front desk, to the beach boys, the the waiters were incredibly kind and attentive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
SoleotoFOM, Front Office Manager at Sole on the Ocean, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest: it sounds as if you enjoyed the true essence of the Sole experience. We will be sure to share your review with our entire team. All will be so pleased to have made your stay so special. Sole on the Ocean is a beachfront boutique hotel and it is our goal to provide a memorable experience in a beach chic setting. Thank you for taking the time to share you experience. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Polish first
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Had a wonderful comfortable stay until I visited the beach, while relaxing on a beach chair with my 2 friends, one of the staff members danial came over to me to ask me how I wanted to pay for it? I was shocked and appalled by his question. I was told by reservations that the 'resort fee' included everything at the beach, and danial insisted that only 2 chairs were included.i told him we stayed n a suite 3 adults and that when we booked the room we were specifically told that the chairs were included.
When I addressed the issue to the "manager" CHRIS he was absolutely unhelpful, nasty, and wasn't willing to help me at all, beware before booking that there "resort fee" is a scam

Room Tip: Suites r nice and comfy
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear Valued Guest, thank you taking the time to share your experience. We are truly sorry for your inconvenience with the beach chairs. Rest assured, your review was shared with our beach and front office teams. While it is our policy to provide 2 chairs per room, it is also our policy to accommodate our guests whenever possible. We will be sure our team places the emphasis on the latter part of the policy. Kindly allow me to take this opportunity to elaborate on our resort fee. Resort fees are standard charges for beach front resort hotels in Miami. In lieu of charging guests for individual items as found in limited service hotels, full service properties choose to package all amenities into its resort fee. At Sole on the Ocean, the resort fee includes use of our gym and spa, bottled water upon check in, keurig coffee throughout your stay, free wi-fi throughout the property as well as beach towels and the 2 beach chairs you mentioned. We thank you for your valuable feedback as it continually allows us to pinpoint on areas for improvement. We do hope you will visit us again to see the difference your input has made.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I spent a night in the town enjoying the fine dining and diverse art options Miami has to offer. We wanted a romantic getaway not far from home to release some stress and get away from the routine. My husband found Sole on the Ocean through Kayak and immediately booked it! He wanted to surprise me with an ocean view room.
As we arrived at the resort, we were received by a very polite valet who immediately took care of our luggage and our car. The lobby, located on the 3rd floor has a very contemporary decoration which I loved! Right by the front desk, there was a small bar with refreshments for guests. We were taken care of by a very helpful customer service rep who was unable to find our reservation. Apparently, Kayak never sent our info the them :( She asked us to forward the confirmation email to her and instantly took care of our room.
The front office director, Christopher Dorsey was kind enough to give us an upgrade and gave us one of their best rooms, an ocean view suite which we found to be more than excellent for our stay.
Everything, from beginning to end was amazing and we could not be happier with our experience. Sole has found a loyal customer in us and we'll be sure to be back often!

Room Tip: Ocean view is the way to go! Amazing view of the beach and beautiful sunrise!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alieth D
Dear Valued Guest, we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed staycation with us. Sole on the Ocean is a boutique hotel and our entire team strives to provide a personalized and memorable stay for each of our guests. We hope that you will choose us again for more stay cations in the future.
Fortaleza
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We got the king size city view room (It did had a nice ocean view). It was very small and no place to open our luggage. The location is great and the beach in front is beautiful. Be aware that they will charge you extra U$25 for parking and U$15 for resort (???) fee per day. Knowing that, it's a nice place at a great beach on a great neighborhood.

Room Tip: King city view room at the end of the hallway - corner - has a nice ocean view although is pretty sm...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear Valued Guest: it very nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you again in the future. To assist in making your next stay more enjoyable, kindly allow me to expand on a few points in your review. The Petite King City View is our smallest room category at 250 square feet. We do offer several room categories which vary in size and view, though as you mention, all rooms have an ocean view and the city view rooms have beautiful views of the city, particularly at night. For your next visit, please visit our website for more information on room size and views or call our reservations department so that we may assist you in finding a room that best suits your needs. Regarding the valet and resort fees, both are standard features of beachfront resort hotels in Miami. The resort fee includes 2 chairs, beach umbrella and towels on the beach, free wi-fi, keurig coffee throughout your stay, bottled water upon check in, and use of the gym, steam room and sauna, to name a few. We look forward to welcoming you back and making your stay a memorable one.
River Forest, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was in Miami for business and the group put me up in this hotel which has a beach front. I had a suite which was very nice. Although I couldn't get the TV working -- they said that it "probably was not set to cable" -- but the room had a full kitchen and the bathroom facilities were very nice -- although the shower head was above your head which I found awkward. I did see a regular room of a colleague which looked very small. Might want to check on that if planning to stay here. My main concern was with the restaurant which they touted as top notch but was really just ordinary. I will say that the staff were very nice. Since I didn't pay I don't know the price so can't say if this was a bargain for if there are better places in Miami Beach for the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dear Valued Guest: thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sole on the Ocean and your valuable feedback. We understand the importance of having the necessities, especially while traveling for work, and promptly addressed your tv issue with it engineering staff. Regarding room types, we have several options varying in size to accommodate guest needs and budgets. We welcome you to visit our website for a detailed description the rooms, square footages, and pictures of each room category. If your work or pleasure travels bring you to Miami again, we hope you will choose Sole in the Ocean. Please be sure to mention your preference for a regular shower head and we will be sure to make your stay an enjoyable one.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Couldn't ask for a better place to stay. I have been coming here once a month. Great little hotel on the ocean. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean couldn't ask for a better place. The rooms are completely redone. If your up for the suites some have complete high end kitchen (well the one i always got did) I will keep coming here once a month. Great value

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brentzel7
Dear Valued Guest: on behalf of the entire Sole team, we are so delighted to have you as part of our Sole family. We continually strive to keep abreast of the needs of today's traveler, from customer service to hotel design and amenities. We are we look forward to welcoming you back every month
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I would like to warn anyone who is considering staying Sole on the Ocean not to! Back on September 20, 2012 I reserved a 2 bedroom ocean front suite at the "Sole on the Ocean" hotel in Sunny Isles Florida for March 21- April 3, 2013. I have all the reservation numbers and documentation. Not only did I reserve one suite for myself but 3 others for my extended family. At this time the hotel charged my credit card one nights stay in order to RESERVE my room.
During the months to follow, I purchased airline tickets for myself and my family of 5 at a most considerable expense.
Less than two weeks before our trip, I received an email from the manager canceling my reservation. The only explanation I received was that they could sell my room at a higher rate. What is the purpose of a confirmation if the hotel does not honor it? My airline tickets are non- refundable, and at this point I am unable to find another hotel that can accommodate my family, as well as extended family members.
I have stayed here 2 years ago, however this is not the Sole on the Ocean I once knew. The manager never returned my calls, there is obviously zero customer service/ hospitality/ communication at this hotel. I think there are new owners who obviously know nothing about the Hotel business.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
10 Thank MRG345
SoleotoFOM, Front Office Manager at Sole on the Ocean, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Reader, this unfortunate situation is one we have never encountered before and hopefully the last of its kind. The above mentioned reservation was not simply cancelled as stated above. To the contrary, we were diligently working with this guest on their requests and the correspondence occurred in person, by phone and by email. We regard writing a false review to achieve ones goals as an abuse of the system.

We are a boutique hotel and pride ourselves on working with individual guest needs and personalized service for every stay. We value guests who have chosen to stay with us in the past and look forward to serving those who choose to stay with us in the future. We appreciate all honest and constructive feedback from all guests and hope that you will be able to enjoy the Sole experience first hand.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
The Confidante
#19 of 205 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,854 reviews
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.0 of 5 stars 1,018 reviews
Trump International Beach Resort
Trump International Beach Resort
#3 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,968 reviews
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Newport Beachside Hotel and Reso...
#6 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 3,107 reviews

Been to Sole on the Ocean? Share your experiences!