$193
$129
  • Pool
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Sunny Isles Beach(Sunny Isles Beach)(Great Value!)
$111
  • Breakfast included
Marenas Beach Resort(Sunny Isles Beach)(Great Value!)
$229
$142
  • Beachfront
Trump International Beach Resort(Sunny Isles Beach)(Great Value!)
$246
$867
$500
TripAdvisor
2,079 results
All reviewssoleamerican bistrofront desksunny islesbeach servicespecial thankssouth beachliving roomvalet staffpool barfull kitchenvalet parkingcity viewbeautiful beachmiami areaaventura mallgio
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel and had the best experience ever. From the first day, the staff was amazing. Beginning with the Gerald, who picked us up from the airport to the front desk receptionist, concierge, bellman, and house-keeping were excellent! Gil was very professional, helpful, and went above and beyond his call to ensure our stay was "hassle free" The hotel is right on the beach and in close proximity to a lot of fun places. We definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you use a third party to book your reservation, I advise you check with the hotel to be certain that the room description that you see on the third party is the same as the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dumilulu

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Sole on the Ocean and for the wonderful recommendation. We are very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and glad hear all the nice comments regarding our entire team. We will be sure to share your comments with the Gil our concierge. He will all be happy to know he made difference in your stay. Please take advantage of upcoming specials and packages and our best rate guarantee by visiting our website. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Our hotel choices based on trip advisor member reviews have always been spot on - except for this hotel. So beware - the hotel is nice looking, the room was clean and very modern - but whoever is running the hotel seems to have no hotel management experience. They advertise themselves as a resort and spa but there are absolutely no amenities. No hook to hang your towel in the bathroom, no cups in the bathroom, not enough beach chairs and umbrellas (and we stayed there during a slow period). The women's locker room at the "spa" had no plastic bags to put a wet bathing suit, not a box of tissues or any toiletries - I've never seen a spa locker room without these things. The continental breakfast was strange as well - no cut up fruit or baked goods - just some bread & bagels - and quite expensive. Even the store in the lobby wasn't well run - they ran out of bottled water by 4PM on a Saturday. They had one bartender at the pool and it was busy - poor guy couldn't keep up with the people at the pool and the service at the beach.

It may seem petty to point out these things but they are all things a good hotel offers and can really add up and annoy you. You don't expect them at a budget hotel but do at an expensive resort and spa - although even a budget hotel has cups in the bathroom.

The staff was incredibly friendly and tried to be helpful. But they couldn't even figure out how to print out boarding passes. When I thanked them for something, 2 staff members gave me their "trip advisor" cards and asked me to make sure to rate them highly on the site. I have never been asked to do this before - and this explained why some of the previous ratings might have been untrue. Could be a great hotel but just isn't - go elsewhere.

4  Thank MarnieNJ

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate that you took the time to write a review. We agree that Trip Advisor reviews from guests who have actually experienced a hotel are a terrific tool for finding the hotel that is right for them. We also find reviews to be a terrific tool for hotels to identify what they are doing well and where they can improve the guest experience. Detailed and candid reviews are especially helpful as we would like all guests to be happy by finding the hotel that best suits their needs.

As a beachfront boutique hotel, amenities and services at Sole on the Ocean have been designed to provide a chic and relaxing beach experience. In-room amenities at Sole include bottled water, Keurig coffee makers, pillowtop mattress, luxury linens, ihome clock radio, rainhead showers, and sealed (for sanitation) plastic cups in the bathrooms to name a few.

Our beach club offers chairs, umbrellas and beach towels for our guests. To maintain as much open beach for our guests to enjoy, we have a pre-set number of chairs as part of our opening setup. Beach club attendants provide additional chairs to guests as needed. Rest assured, we are very attentive to guest needs, which includes providing chairs and umbrellas as well as minimizing wait times for food and beverage services. The locker rooms are located on the 4th floor of the hotel and include a steam room and sauna. As the locker rooms are not connected to the pool/beach area and as we do not offer water activities that require bathing suits on that level, we do not currently offer plastic bags for bathing suits in the locker rooms. We will definitely share your request with our management team.

For breakfast we offer an unlimited continental buffet which includes an omelette station, a belgian waffle station, whole fruit, a variety of cereals, yogurt, breads, bagels, pastries, coffee, tea and juice. The buffet is displayed on our breakfast bar for guests to view prior to purchasing.

We are truly sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. We do thank you again for taking the time to write a review so we may continually improve our guest experience and hope you will visit us again to see the improvements your comments have made.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is one of the best hotels I've ever stay in. I stayed June 22-June 24 2012. My entire stay was amazing. It was one of my best birthday weekends! The entire hotel staff was very receptive and had great customer service. The valet service was effective and friendly. Checking-in went smoothly; Stephanie at the front desk was great, she was very professional and efficient. A manager, Chris, was very helpful and offered great advice about local areas to check-out. I stayed in the City View Suite and indeed had an excellent view of the city. The room was very spacious and spotless. The housekeeping service was superb. Their manager, Roderick, went above and beyond the call of duty. My room was always SUPER CLEAN and their was Fiji water waiting for me each day. The entire housekeeping staff was friendly and just excellent. The amenities at the hotel were great: the pool, the bar, Alba restaurant (food was delicious and the place was beautiful), and the steam room. I wished I had time to check out the gym. My overall stay was beyond what I expected, from the location to the amazing staff. I will definitely be returning to Sole on the Ocean.

Room Tip: I stayed in the City View Suite and it was very spacious, clean, and came with an excellent view of the city.
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed last week from June 18-June 22, 2012. I was with my sister and had a wonderful time. All of the staff went above and beyond and everyone was very friendly. This was part of a Groupon Package & I have to admit I was a little leary because of some of the reviews I read about the hotel. Granted the regular room was small, there was not alot of storage place but if you get a 1 bedroom you should have more than enough room. The hotel is very European Chic. I had tours with Miami Nice so we were hardly in the room so it didn't matter. The hotel is very central near restaurants, shops, pharmacies, etc. Also we took public transit from the airport, total amout was $4.35 per person. A taxi was $52.00 and a shuttle was $24.00 per person. It took less than an hour and it was enjoyable to see the sights.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear valued guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our central location. The hotel is located in walking distance to all that you mention and is also a few minutes drive to world class shopping. We are centrally located 10 miles from both Ft. Lauderdale and MIami Beach as well as both airports. Please feel free to visit our website for upcoming specials and packages on future bookings, including a shopping package and an all inclusive package that you and your sister can enjoy together. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have traveled all around the world and this is one of the best hotels i have ever stayed at. There was not a single thing that disappointed me about this property. The entire staff was very helpful and most importantly friendly. My room was spotless and the views were AMAZING!! The food at the hotel was delicious and last but not least the beach was very clean and beautiful. My fiance and i really enjoyed staying at this hotel for our romantic getaway i would not change a single thing about our experience. Special thanks to hotel managers Gio and Chris for the extra help making our vacation amazing. I will defiantly be returning to this hotel for another great vacation thanks, Sagiv Marga

1  Thank Sagiv M

Dear valued guest,

We are happy to know that our team created a wonderful romantic getaway. Thank you for singling out those individuals that made your stay extra special. We will be sure to share your comments with them. Sole on the Ocean is a boutique hotel and the entire staff take pride in providing a friendly, personalized and memorable stay. We would be happy to welcome you back and look forward to creating more memorable experiences.