“Value for money in Miami”

Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed December 12, 2010

I spent one week at the Golden Strand Ocean Resort. It is important to make it clear that it is not a hotel, they rent out apartments. I had a large studio flat and was very happy with it.
The hotel has a nice swimming pool and a private beach. I found the staff at reception very helpful. The beach attendents, on the other hand, were not what I would call friendly.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 27, 2010

I took my family and friends to the resort last year in September 2009.

The resort Has a wounderful location, right next to the ocean.
We had a great time here, once we adapted ourselfs to the Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort standard.

The rooms whare old and the interior worn. We rented two one-room apartments. Cleaning was very diverse. Sometimes the bed had been made and sometimes not. The sheets were changed only once during our two week stay. The front of the microwave feel off the second day.

In addition to this, I was disappointed that we had to pay $ 8 in amenity fee per day per apartment. And I guarantee you that none of the staff lifted a finger for me to feel that the cost was worth it.

Also the guy in charge of the sunbeds played very extraordinary, he always had me waiting. I always tipped him atleast $1 per sunbed, dispite his attitude.

It felt really sad that they were'nt more service-minded when they had all conditions to a wonderful place!

We have chosen not to visit the resort this year but does not rule out further visits.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank RobertMLI
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the wonderful stay the Golden Strand! The resort is absolutely gorgeous and the staff has been so friendly and courteous. Bertrand, the front desk manager has been very attentive to my needs and made sure that I had a pleasant stay; he's truly a professional dedicated individual.
I will definitely be staying at this resort in the near future; it's an absolute paradise here.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank rivet32
Reviewed August 1, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Golden Strand for 2 weeks and had a fantastic time. We had rented a 2 bedroom unit with 2 1/2 bathrooms in Building 1. The condo had all the amenities we needed. Full kitchen with all you needed to cook. The condo was very roomy and clean. The beds were very comfortable as well. We did not get housekeeping but we could go and change our bath towels everyday if we wanted. My brother-in-law rented a 1 bedroom unit the 1st week in Building 4 and the second week in Building 3. He was very satisfied as well with the units and had nothing bad to say. The grounds and garden at the Golden Strand are really well maintained. We found the service whether at the front desk or the man giving us our beach umbrella and chair cushion, to be very courteous and polite with us. Everytime I would pass any staff member, they would always smile and say hello. I did not have any problems with the front desk at all. Actually the first day we arrived in our unit, we noticed our fridge was not functioning properly, so I called the front desk and they had someone come and see on a few occasions during the day to see if it was anything that could be fixed. At the end of the day, they simply replaced our fridge and the problem was solved. Very efficient service. I needed a frying pan so I called housekeeping and a few minutes later, voila, a brand new frying pan was delivered to my room. There are also washer/dryers for the guests to use free of charge. There is a Publix grocery store about 5 minutes walk and across the street, there is a 7 Eleven. There is a Walmart Supercentre about 15 minutes away. Aventura Mall is about 5 minutes away but very expensive boutiques. Sawgrass Mills in Fort Lauderdale was worth the 40 minute drive. Anyhow, I would recommend the Golden Strand to anyone. Of course, we all have different opinions but in my case, I must say that I did not encounter ANY problems of any kind with anyone. I was very satisfied with the unit and service. Thank you to Sandra at the front desk for being so friendly and helpful and always having a nice smile. Hope to be back next summer!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank rosecute
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I really enjoy the Golden Strand, I own a timeshare and I am always glad to come back, beach is beautiful, staff very friendly, nice location, near everything, great place to shop and dine

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2010

This is an older resort situated in a very nice area of North Miaimi Beach. The rooms, while not fancy, are very adequate, and most if not all offer a wonderful view of the ocean, gardens and pool area. The beach and pool staff (Cesar and Jaime) are wonderful and helpful individuals. The on-premises reatsurant, Azurro, is owned and operated by Paolo, an equally warm and attentive person. The food and drinks at the restaurant and Tiki bar are great and very reasonably priced. The problem with this property is the front office staff, specifically the management. In my personal opinion,Manager Bertrand [-] is an incredibly arrogant and rude person. He is very poorly suited for the position and it is baffling that he holds a position that requires him to interact with anyone, let alone folks who are on vacation, trying to have a good time. He can certainly ruin your good time in a hurry. He did mine on one occassion....and I've heard that I'm not the only one. If your contact with the front desk staff is only at check-in and check out, you will have a wonderful time at the Golden Strand. If there is anything wrong with your unit or you have any other issues requiring front desk/managerial contact you will be disapointed, frustrated and leave with a bad impression of the place. Notwithsatanding the above, I have returned to the Golden Strand many times and have had a great time...I just simply avoid having any contact with the front desk staff and in doing so, I have had many memorable times at this resort. It is a shame that steps have not been taken to better that aspect of the rseort...if they did the place would be a10!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RRST
Karlene1, Manager at Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2010

Dear Guest,
I apologize for any misunderstanding, and I would be happy to discuss this matter with you. Please feel free to call me at your convenience. Bertrand.

Reviewed June 16, 2010

One of the few original properties on N Miami Beach which has it ALL. People, this is a condo, not a hotel. There are several types of condos in several different locations of the property, some with better views than others, some bigger than others. Ask for what you desire. It has a beach which is not shadowed by the new high rise condos next door. Beach chairs are supplied with umbrellas. Remember to tip these hardworking beach and "olympic size" pool staff. There is internet access, library, restaurant, work out room and spa on sight! The prices are so reasonable in comparison to the neighborhood condo/hotels. There are restaurants, grocery stores, deli's, and shops galore. You don't need to cook however you have a full kitchen to do so if you wish. You don't even need a car!
Based on value and convenience as well as beautiful ocean property, this property is easily a 5 star "GOLDEN" resort!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Sole on the Ocean
Sole on the Ocean
#4 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Trump International Beach Resort
Trump International Beach Resort
#3 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Newport Beachside Hotel and Reso...
#6 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort? Share your experiences!