“Rare food gem in cutler bay! Delicious!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Harvey's Smokehouse BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Great Place...love the $50 bbq sampler..enough to feed 8 hungry people....

Reviewed November 3, 2010

I am a BBQ snob and have passed this place at least a hundred times. Its unassuming because it’s in a strip mall and you cannot smell smoke outside at all. Its very clean and neat from the outside and looks more like a takeout pizza place. I read a lot of good reviews and someone from a local food supplier said they were really good so I gave a chance. The second you walk in the door you can see that they have invested in two things. Good commercial smokers and a great exhaust system cause this place smells great on the inside. Here’s what I order and how I would rate it from 1-10
Half rack of ribs ($12)(it was a big halfrack too) They were good with a good smoke ring. The ribs were tender but a bit dry. If I remember right the ribs were served wet and they have an unusual sauce. Its good but there is something in it you can’t place it. I like that because it means they have put some thought into their food and it’s not your garden variety sauce. 7.25
Brisket. I have heard people rave about brisket but I have never had it. Usually its dry and tough. This was the best I have ever had. It was really tender and had great flavor. It came with the sudo teriyaki sauce. It was better than the ribs 9.25
3 kinds of sauce. Couldn’t tell you exactly what they were because the girl at the counter didn’t say and it wasn’t written down but they are all very different and all made there. The Carolina which is usually a mustard vinegar sauce has been transformed with Dijon so it’s an interesting change. There is what seems to be their version of a teriyaki and a molasses based sauce. All are good. 9
Sides were
Baked beans, they are good but super spicy 5.5
Coleslaw, The most flavorless slaw ever 3
I also had their smoked tomato flatbread. 7.5
They have dine in or take out but there really isn’t any environment so I think take outs the way “to go”

Reviewed July 24, 2010

Finally, finally, finally...After YEARS of looking for an EXCELLENT barbecue restaurant (not 'ho-hum' and ordinary, but EXCELLENT), my search has ended! The flavor of the smoked meat (I had baby back ribs) along with Harvey's special 'rub' and a light layer of Harvey's original bbq sauce created a PERFECT barbecue creation! Wow! I will be going often after my first visit yesterday. I had the potato salad and loved that, too... Platters come with a barbecue meat, side and garlic bread. There's only 3 tables in the restaurant, so you may want to take out (but I like to eat in). You'll probably have the opportunity to meet Harvey himself...as he's the one who served up the meal for us yesterday and rarely have I found a more courteous customer service mentality, bending over backwards to cater to patrons. BBQ LOVERS: THIS PLACE IS A MUST!

1  Thank phoenixfaith
Reviewed March 10, 2010

I love this place. My wife and i pick up food from harveys at least once a week. Careful with their baby back ribs once you have them once you become addicted. The sloppy joe is very different from my recipe but it's a great sandwich to eat. As sides, aside from the great fries, my personal favorite is the homemade mac & cheese... Love the herbs they put on it.

Reviewed March 10, 2010

I live in NYC and was visiting my family recently for a long weekend. When I asked what they wanted to do for dinner, they unanimously said, Harvey's Smokehouse BBQ. It is a no frills take out BBQ with such an appetizing menu that is is difficult to decide. No worries, the staff is so friendly they will make recommendations; they helped me and Harvey's did not disappoint. My family orderd The Sampler - everything but the kitchen sink - chicken, ribs, pulled pork, beef brisket and mac n cheese, baked beans, coleslaw and texas toast for the sides. Harvey, the Owner, is a Chef, and WOW, you can tell. The flavors of the dry rubs are amazing. Harvey isn't shy and is proud to share his cooking methods, but not his recipes. All BBQ is smoked on site, 24 hours a day because they are so busy. I may just have to take more trips back to Florida. It was that good.