“The Best BBQ Down South”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Harvey's Smokehouse BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I'm a Harvey's regular. I've tried almost everything they make. You won't be disappointed, the BBQ is worth the trip. I love the mac and cheese, it has a unique flavor. Harvey puts a lot of love into his cooking and it shows. If you're a bread pudding fan, just try one yummy bite, you'll be hooked. I've also used them several times for catering and every time they were efficient, on time, and the food was hot and served with a smile; and we are talking a crowd over 200. So yes, definitely go visit and you won't be sorry.

1  Thank Beachesandbaseball

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We read so many great reviews and were eager to try this place. We ordered spare ribs, potato salad and bread pudding to go. The spare ribs had little flavor and were mostly fat-a low quality cut, clearly. It also seemed that there were very few spare ribs in our 2 pound order. The potato salad and bread pudding were ok, not great. We don't get these rave reviews, that was not our experience!

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Ok in all fairness we ate more than just the brisket. We ordered one of the samplers which was an incredible value and very generous portions. It is obvious that the chef is a pro. Although the entire ensemble was delectable, the brisket and ribs were to me the stand out items. We have had brisket in many places around the country, including the purported genuine spots, and I can say without question that I have never had brisket this outstanding. The flavor was sophisticated with a great balance of smoky flavor -obviously genuine flavor from wood chips - and an incredible soft and most texture. I could literally just have eaten that alone. The service was professional, kind, and attentive. Although seating is limited, I would literally have no problem eating standing up. We drove from Miami beach and it was well worth the drive!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Pulled pork nachos are awesome!! Also enjoyed the brisket. Servings are nice and big and prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We four were making our way south through Miami-Dade county on our way to the Miami-Dade South Cultural Arts Center and stopped at Harvey's Smokehouse BBQ for supper before a concert. Tucked into a strip mall on Old Cutler Road, this is a small, mostly take-out, operation, but there are a few tables, set in a basic no-frills ambiance. The serving crew is cheerful and helpful, while tending to the numerous take-out orders. The Culture Vulture and I are BBQ neophytes, but our companions are experienced and discerning. We all voted Harvey's as wonderful in its class, hitting far above its weight. I have seen another TripAdvisor review that is less complimentary, but we did not have see anything resembling that description.