Had a great holiday. Picked this vacation because of the value price and the positive reviews.
Air Transat: Much better than a few years ago with fairly good check in and newer planes and a meal. The hotel is about 1 1/2 hour bus ride from the hotel.
Hotel and property: older 3 star hotel but impeccably clean and comfortable. no shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer or fridge. Wifi was adequate and free in the lobby (did not work in the rooms or on the beach). Nice hotel area and grounds, nice pools, nice beach and warm ocean. Lots of vendors on the beach but not too pushy. Close to town so can go for a walk or bike ride (free hotel supplied bikes) . Felt very comfortable and safe, wandering thru real Mexico. Also free from the hotel is a catamaran sail boat ride that was fun. For $200 pesos ($18) from the beach tour vendors, you can buy on a whale watching tour and see whales and dolphins (definitely worth it). 90% of the guests were Mexican (all very friendly and polite) and 10% Canadian.
Staff: 5 star plus as every staff member was hard working, friendly and helpful. Please take lots of small bills to tip the amazing staff.
Food: Very good with lots of choices.
Conclusion: If you want a value priced hotel with a real Mexican feel to it , go here. If you are looking for a 5 star and want to do a lot of touristy outings and tours go closer to Puerto Vallarta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the picturesque Bay of Rincon de Guayabitos in the state of Nayarit, just 55 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport amidst a typical fishing village, Hotel Decameron Los Cocos is the ideal place to experience the most spectacular family holiday. Its white beaches and crystal clear water contrast with the bright colors of the hotel's architecture. We have 4 pools throughout our installations, 3 of which are suitable for children, and over 100 meters of beaches. Experience the international and typical dishes you can find at the La Bamba, La Canoa and El Tropical Restaurants, or enjoy the most delicious drinks at the disco or at the bars on the beach, like La Iguana and Pelicanos. During the day you can enjoy different recreational activities like non-motorized water sports, kayaking, sailboats and a catamaran, a massage parlor, and tennis, basketball and beach volleyball courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Otel, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Decameron Los Cocos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Decameron Los Cocos Hotel
- Hotel Decameron Los Cocos
- Decameron Los Cocos Rincon De Guayabitos
- Rincon De Guayabitos