My finance and I stayed Dec 18-30, 2007 It was his first ever trip to Mexico my 3rd. I always try to book smaller, more personal hotels. The Los Cocos gave us everything and more than we expected considering we were there over Christmas which is a very busy time. The room was cleaned to very good standards every day and there were always some personal touch from the maid. I don't think the tip we left her everyday had any bearing on the cleanliness. We stayed in Cocos 1 on the 2nd floor. Our Balcony overlooked the back garden and the staff entrance to the kitchen, not ideal if you are a light sleeper or like to sleep the morning away. Neither was an issue for us. For the amount of time you spend in the room it was more than just adequate it was great. For the size of the hotel the staff are exceptional at making you feel at home. they remember names, drinks, what you like to drink for dinner. We did not use the ala carte just the buffet and were never disappointed. There was always something different to try. The one thing I was not totally impressed with was the hotels insistance that you book tour through them and not the guys on the beach. Rip Off .. if you do go to this resort.. please please please look for Rudy on the beach (pic posted) he is the most honest, and trust worthy person we met. We booked our Jungle tour through him as well as Jamurca which are natural hotsprings in the mountains. He provides far superior service and actually knows the area and the people and you get the BEST on your tour. I highly recommend his Jungle tour even if it does leave the hotel at 6 am lol.. you are FIRST on the mangroves which means no one has disturbed the birds, iguanas or GATORS. He knows the BEST banana bread maker and it is included, as well as lunch at the BEST restaurant and well, just the BEST day ever. I can not say how much we enjoyed our time with him. He took us to his home and to the beach in the town he lives in. Rudy can book you with the most reliable guys on the beach for whale watching, fishing, rides out to Isla Corales or any other kind of tour you would like. I could go on forever about this place.. yes it is a 3 star.. if you are going to critique the rooms etc.. don't go.. spend double the money and go to a 5 star.. If what you want is great relaxation, sunshine and great SERVICE then you have the best here in the dec. los cocos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the picturesque Bay of Rincon de Guayabitos in the state of Nayarit, just 55 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport amidst a typical fishing village, Hotel Decameron Los Cocos is the ideal place to experience the most spectacular family holiday. Its white beaches and crystal clear water contrast with the bright colors of the hotel's architecture. We have 4 pools throughout our installations, 3 of which are suitable for children, and over 100 meters of beaches. Experience the international and typical dishes you can find at the La Bamba, La Canoa and El Tropical Restaurants, or enjoy the most delicious drinks at the disco or at the bars on the beach, like La Iguana and Pelicanos. During the day you can enjoy different recreational activities like non-motorized water sports, kayaking, sailboats and a catamaran, a massage parlor, and tennis, basketball and beach volleyball courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Otel, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Decameron Los Cocos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Decameron Los Cocos Hotel
- Hotel Decameron Los Cocos
- Decameron Los Cocos Rincon De Guayabitos
- Rincon De Guayabitos