My boyfriend and I have been to this resort twice (once in 2010 and again in 2011). It is true that there are a lot of Mexican families that vacation at this resort; however, that was part of the charm of it. The beach is beautiful and the beach club house that you can go to by buss or a 20 min walk is also amazing. We did a lot of walking around in Guayabitos and La Panita and felt safe the entire time. We also did the San Blas tour and went to a crocodile ecological reserve. The guides did not speak English well but it was still great. If you do this tour and are prone to motion sickness bring medicine, the bus sways a lot! The food was excellent especially Mexican night! The swimming is better than right in P.V. the drop off is not so extreme! The people were very friendly especially the mop man "hi my friend" If you are looking for a "happening" night life though P.V. is a better fit as Guayabitos is fairly tame. Many of the travelers we met that were not Mexican were older and had been visiting every winter for years. If you visit be sure to do lots of walking around. There is a cross on a hill behind the resort and the view is amazing (lots of steep stairs though) The whale tour was amazing and I was glad to see they only boat beside the whales for a few mins than leave them alone. This so far is my favorite all inclusive resort, would go back in a heartbeat!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the picturesque Bay of Rincon de Guayabitos in the state of Nayarit, just 55 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport amidst a typical fishing village, Hotel Decameron Los Cocos is the ideal place to experience the most spectacular family holiday. Its white beaches and crystal clear water contrast with the bright colors of the hotel's architecture. We have 4 pools throughout our installations, 3 of which are suitable for children, and over 100 meters of beaches. Experience the international and typical dishes you can find at the La Bamba, La Canoa and El Tropical Restaurants, or enjoy the most delicious drinks at the disco or at the bars on the beach, like La Iguana and Pelicanos. During the day you can enjoy different recreational activities like non-motorized water sports, kayaking, sailboats and a catamaran, a massage parlor, and tennis, basketball and beach volleyball courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Decameron Los Cocos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Decameron Los Cocos Hotel
- Hotel Decameron Los Cocos
- Decameron Los Cocos Rincon De Guayabitos
- Rincon De Guayabitos