“Love this little place”
Review of Salvador's

Salvador's
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were here in July and the only Canadian's on the beach. Not only did they welcome us but they helped us with our Spanish. The food was great and the addition of "CANADA" carved out of carrots was a special moment for all of us. We came back a second night and had a special table on the beach - thank-you!!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

If you want a party, this is probably a good selection. However, I found the food to be a little too expensive for what you get. Maybe some cheaper lunch options might help, but buying a 110 peso chicken meal at lunch seems a little too much. The service was not great on the day I visited.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

as a local here and going to be does I have tried most of the restaurants. Salvador's continues to come up so I finally caved and went and tried it. I am NOT Canadian and my husband is Mexican and apparently gringos are the only people that get good service. we literally sat two tables away from the bar for 20 minutes while the service people doted on the Canadians sitting next to us, then when they finally waited on us we ordered two beers and fish and chips. the fish and chips were very disappointing and the beers were slow to come. But the worst part was when the check came and we were charged a different price for our beers than the couple sitting next to us. We overheard the service people offering them two for one for happy hour so we assumed our beers would also be two for one. when we questioned the server he explained that they were regular customers. When we explained that we also own a business in this area and that is not fair service they simply rolled their eyes and did not offer us a two for one discount. this is a small town with not many restaurant options I believe that is why Salvador's has risen to the number one slot, simply because it is been around for so many years. This place is way overrated.

3  Thank NayaritNelly
manuel salvador a, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Salvador's, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

dear costumer

Thanks for your coment, and let me tell u this is very razist, because the Word Green go, is not iable for one coment, in are place is welcome every one never maind color, age, nationality or sex, so every one have a door open here.
If you have expir like that with the pricess is because you not take of are flayers, that ones make you special oferts, and the Price of the beer is only 2 x 1 for the costumers make a visithing more 3 times at week, so we have a special vip card for them, that day explain to you amigos, and you waslitter arogant, and start to insult at the costumers call them Green gos, the most visitors are canadians here, so most of them feel ofensive for that Word u used that day in front of the more of 50 costumers. That actitud was very arogant from you, to are costumers.
If you really have a busines, you know u make a specials .
oferts for your regular visitors, because we depends of them, they give suport us for 6 months
apreciate your coment, and make the invitation to visit this place egain, you are welcome olways

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The tables on the beach drew us girls in, but the people and the food kept us coming back. The first night we went there for drinks (at closing time) and made a promise to return for dinner and music later that week. Even though they were closing, Salvador was extremely accommodating and entertaining. We made good on the promise to come back to listen to Jeff play music and we were glad that we did – not only did Jeff rock, but dinner was excellent (coconut shrimp) and we made lifelong friends! We were so happy with the experience, that when it came time to choose where I wanted to spend my birthday dinner, I chose to go back to Salvador’s (again, dinner was incredible). Salvador remembered it was my 29th birthday and brought me out a delicious birthday cake that said, “Happy Birthday” (he painstakingly carved each letter out of carrots himself). If you get a chance to visit Guayabitos, you must have dinner on the beach at Salvador’s and order yourself a Pina Colada! This place is definitely about the 'experience'.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I can't say enough wonderful things about this place. We popped in for dinner one evening and were pleasantly surprised. My girlfriends had the shrimp special and raved about it, I had chicken (since I don't eat fish) and it was divine. Also, Salvador opened up a great bottle of cab sauvignon from Chile which was a real trip since the wine at the hotel tasted more like vinegar. We got a table right on the beach and watched the waves come in during our meal, it was fantastic. I'd never had a marguerita before in my life and let me tell you, Salvador's was the place to have "my first" and it was absolutely incredible and enormous. Went back on a different day and had the strawberry version with fresh cut strawberries inside, delish.
Probably the best thing about our visit to Salvador's was meeting Salvador himself. What a wonderful person and human being. We spent many wonderful moments throughout our vacation with Salvador and have made a true friend for life. If you go, tell him "the girls" say hi and trust me, you won't regret it!

1  Thank Karen_1125