“I left a piece of my heart behind”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Roberto's Bungalows
Spruce Grove, Canada
“I left a piece of my heart behind”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

When I chose San Pancho as my winter getaway, I did not know a single person there. Travelling alone, I searched for a place that would offer a safe, clean environment, close to the main attractions and also an opportunity to meet other people. I thought the shared courtyard would allow for this. Robertos Bungalows surpassed all of my hopes. With Earl and Jane living onsite, there were never problems with disorderly behaviors. In fact, the place seemed to attract like minded folks and many of us adopted each other as family. This wouldn’t have happened without the exceptional personalities of Earl and Jane. The courtyard was maintained to perfection and such a wonderful reprieve for relaxing, reading, soaking in the sun, a dip in the pool and sharing stories (and laughs) at the end of the day and maybe a glass of wine with a new friend. The rooms were cleaned twice a week and the bed was ever so comfortable. Earl and Jane were always on hand with suggestions for day trips or less known places to explore and went out of their way to advise on on whatever I needed to know. They make the difference.

The location of the Bungalows, in the heart of San Pancho, was perfect. Everything was within an enjoyable one block walk. I would like to add that while in San Pancho, I checked out several other bungalows for rent and none could measure up to Robertos Bungalows. This is the place that I will be recommending to all my family and friends. Foremost, it is a safe, yet happening, and exceptionally friendly community with many unexpected activities, such as regular musical and artistic events, to be had. My 3 months in San Pancho was truly wonderful and I will be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms were great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Earl M, Owner at Roberto's Bungalows, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Janette ended up at our place for 6 weeks and at first I thought that was a bit long to have someone at our Bungalows. Turns out to be a blessing. What a great person full of life and laughter. We had such a great time with all the guests that we started a Facebook page to connect all the Canadians and us. We are so enjoying the Canadians that have stayed at our place that we are taking our vacation in Canada in August. We met such awesome folks and they have invited us up to stay with them. WE LOVE OUR JOB!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Hayden, Idaho
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed at Roberto's for a week and felt like we really lucked out. The bungalows are charming, cozy, clean, authentic, and secure. They're conveniently located in the heart of San Pancho - an exceptionally friendly and delightful town. If you're looking for a luxury condo/private beach experience - don't go to San Pancho. If you want to visit old friends from home where they've integrated into a quaint Mexican village, go see Jane & Earl.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We spent a lovely 3 days at Roberto's Bungalows while in town for a wedding. Earl and Jane are wonderful hosts, and Roberto's Bungalows is nicely located on a side street about 3 short blocks from the beach. We loved being in town, having breakfast and watching San Panco life. The room was great, the landscaping is beautiful, and Earl and Jane were the most hospitable inn keepers you could wish for.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2013

What a terrific place to stay. My husband and I have been to Mexico too many times to count and even though I never really want to return home, this time it wasn't because I was returning to cool weather. Jane, and Earl make you feel like family. They will do anything to make sure your stay is comfortable, and all of your needs are met. They have helpful suggestions to find deserted beaches, resort spas, or day trips off of the beaten path. The colourful, Mexican styled bungalows are spacious, well equipped, and clean. The beds are comfortable, the kitchen is adequately stocked with appliances, and there's plenty of space to lay back and relax, or visit. The property is surrounded by a high wall with tropcal trees and vegetation that make it feel like an oasis. It's 11/2 blocks from the main street and 2 blocks from the beach. On the main street are some awesome Mexican restaurants and shops with the friendliest people. The beach has 3 restaurants, with plently of seating. The sunsets are worth a trip to the beach every evening. If you miss your 4 legged pet at home, Cassy will happily oblige as a substitute...she's so sweet. There's no better place to stay in San Pancho.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ladysmith, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband Don and I spent 14 days with Earl and Jane at Roberto's Bungalows for 2 weeks in January and had a fabulous time...Earl and Jane are so accommodating...we felt like family!!!
Jane was under the weather when we were there but still managed to put on a brave front...
I know how hard that is as I run a B&B on Vancouver Island, B.C.
Thank you so much for making us feel so special Earl and inviting us to Jane's birthday party, taking us to the market, showing us around your adorable town, breakfast in Sayulito, driving us to the airport...etc.etc.etc. but the highlight was the polo match...at La Padrona...
Your bungalows are perfect...loved the outdoor kitchen, loved reading your book...you are quite the character...so entertaining, lively...I could go one and on!!!
My brother Owen has stayed with you 3 years in a row and highly recommended your place...
of course he has excellent taste!!!

Room Tip: Don and I stayed in the blue bungalow, I think it was called Azul... my brother Owen and his son Li...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Maplewood, Minnesota
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Balancing backwards out my bedroom window with my garden rake still decorated in dead oak leaves, I'm knocking down icles the size of stalagtites and wondering why? Why aren't I in my beloved San Pancho, getting ready for the beach in my fresh, cheery room at Roberto's Bungelows? Waiting to hear Earl start the day softly singing his, "Baa-dum." as he sweeps flower petals away from the pool. Giggling with Jane as she checks on you and your striped beach towels. Hearing the piano version (is there any other?) of "Alley Cat" on a speaker in the distance, wondering what could they be selling to that tune? Always emersed in the warm atmosphere of ethnic scents and sounds that lull you to sleep at night as the twinkle lights in the palm trees stand watch.

Finding Roberto's was like taking that leap as a kid and landing in the best pile of leaves ever. Perfect landing every time: fun, safe and most importantly you want to do it again, and again, and again.

But alas, we live in Minnesota and today I raked icicles. Remind me again, why?

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Vallejo, California
Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you are interested in going to heaven then your first stop would be Roberto's Bungalows.
Jane and Earl AKA Mary and Jesus are wonderful host who meet you are the pearly gates and welcome you with open arms. No judgments!!! What a place.
The Bungalows are comfortable , exceptionally clean and reasonably priced, with the best beds ever, like sleeping on a cloud. You will drift into a dream state while the cool ocean breezes waft through your arched windows, only to wake up to the sounds of the village and the tortilla factory across the street, so delicious!! A block from the tortilla factory is a wonderful coffee house with delicious organic Mexican coffee and daily fresh baked goodies, not to mention the organic cafe around the block to die for.
Tom and I chose not to rent a car as the village is with in walking distance, the beach a few blocks away with magnificent sun sets. The chariot bus at the end of town will take you to other villages and Puerto Vallarta. No sweat .
If you need a doggie fix , Cassy the adorable bungalow angel doggie will more than oblige you if you so choose.
I can't wait to return to Roberto's. The village people are so warm and welcoming, just a simple Ola!! will put a smile on every ones face.
I can't say enough about Jane and Earl and Cassy, they are always there to meet your every need.
photos to come soon!!!

Room Tip: No bad rooms bright , colorful and comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 14 in San Francisco
Pancho Playa
Pancho Playa
#4 of 6 in San Francisco

Been to Roberto's Bungalows? Share your experiences!