We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bungalows Lydia
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Four years ago I came across Bungalows Lydia in a USA Today article. I was looking for something fun to do for my wife's birthday, thought it would be a great option and so we went for it. Flew into Puerto Vallarta, took a taxi up and spent an amazing week in the Vista Suite. My wife and I wanted to check out from phones, emails, and just enjoy the warm weather and beach. We didn't even bother with renting a car, walking into San Pancho (about 2 miles away) almost every day to buy food, snacks, etc. We loved the outdoor kitchen, the fact that every morning we were eating breakfast overlooking the beach, and that most dinners were spent watching the sun set over the Pacific. The infinity pool was perfect place to relax, and the beaches are spectacular. We loved it so much we just went back in April, 2012 and did the Sunset Suite this time. I tell people if you want to really experience a beautiful place, be able to check out, and just relax, Bungalows is a perfect place to do this (and we fly from Virginia to do it). I do tell people that if you are expecting some resort where your every whim is catered to, where you expect room service, or whatever amenities 5 star resorts offer, don't expect that. But I find the rooms simple but clean, the views great, and after the last visit, my wife was wanting to know when we're going back.

Room Tip: The Vista Suite is a bit more secluded than the Sunset Suite, but we enjoyed both. Sunset Suite has...
2  Thank Ned R

Reviewed May 7, 2012

warned by the staff not to make any bad opinion online about their facility before we even left. Though I'll do that right after we cross the border. Horrible experience. Our personal details used for several other companies which started to call my cell phone and sent me tons of rubbish email. The important are bed bugs, no safety boxes and damaged door locks. Oh no internet and fridge smells really bad. looks like they start to clean just now before our arrival. Do not recommend. Highly. There are better places around.

Room Tip: Well there is no fitness, room service or any sort of service. Be prepared to eat outside the facili...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank Piotr M
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We've visit Bungalows Lydia on March as a part of our honeymoon trip. The place is very nice from outside and views spectacular but here the good things ends. Toilets and kitchen are filthy. Staff is rude and incompetent. Door locks do not work and there are no safe boxes inside the rooms. Wireless network works only by the office area. Fridge with some bugs inside. No hot water. At the end of our stay in this horrible place we've asked for payment confirmation. In response we've heard that we are ungrateful and we should be ashamed to ask for things like this.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank kurwa
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at Bungalows Lydia; we had rented the Courtyard Suites.
First off I will say the grounds were spectacular (the pool area, terraced garden areas, beach, ...) and the views were amazing (the sunsets, rocky, jungle coastline, ...) but the room was very spartan. The beds were a double and a single; I occupied the single hoping to sleep better than crowding on the double; without much luck. The beds were passable, the pillows were not. I wanted to appreciate the sound of the surf but it made sleeping a little more difficult. While the fridge was of modest size the rest of the cooking facilities were lacking; poor pots/pans/utensil's. There was no place to unpack and put away our clothes other than a rod with a few hangers and a shelf. There was no safe. The sliding screen for the door we used most often kept coming off its track; becoming a nuisance. The bathroom (which appeared to be newer than the other spaces) was very nice; good water pressure and plenty of hot water; though not a criticism, be prepared to wipe and dispose of the paper in the trash bin as the septic system cannot handle the paper.
Again, on the plus side, Mayte was very helpful and accommodating, the room was clean and housekeeping attended to the room each day. We overcame the lack of cooking by driving into town one evening for carry-out, bringing the food back to enjoy the spectacular sunset. All other meals were eaten in town; a car is a must as Bungalows is fairly isolated away from town.
Bungalows Lydia was the third place we stayed during our excursions to The Emerald Coast; it was the most expensive and least gratifying. The website does a wonderful job of showing its best.

Room Tip: Expect a different set of standards for the money spent.
5  Thank fishjunkie
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I just returned from 6 wonderful nights in the Panorama Suite at Bungalows Lydia. It exceeded our expectations -- all the positive reviews are spot-on. We can't wait to return.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

My partner and I made our second trip to San Pancho in February - and our second trip back to Bungalows Lydia. The return visit didn't disappoint and it was as wonderful as our first visit. We stayed in the Panorama suite and absolutely love to have the ocean as our constant view and listening to the crashing waves as we go to sleep. It is definitely the most private suite and the views of the sunsets, beaches, and ocean are truly beautiful. This time we were lucky enough to see whales on two separate mornings and dolphins playing in the evening. The outdoor kitchen is great - it's stocked with all of the basics and it's a great treat to be able to make breakfast or pool-side snacks.

Mayte and Lydia and wonderful hosts and do everything to make sure you feel comfortable. Despite our inability to speak Spanish (Mayte speaks English), Lydia was very patient and gracious as we tried to communicate. The rooms are very clean, yet simple.

San Pancho is a lovely town. Bungalows Lydia is about a 4km walk to town; although the road is very walkable, it's also very dark at night. I would recommend bringing a flashlight if you decide to walk.

We are already talking about our next trip to San Pancho and will definitely stay at Bungalow Lydia's again!

Room Tip: If you choose the Panorama suite bringing earplugs is a good idea - you can still hear the ocean but...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2012

What a great place. It is just what I had hoped to find based on photographs by others, tripadvisor reviews, and the Bungalows Lydia website.

We only stayed for 3 days, but after 2 weeks of living large in Sayulita, we found Bungalows Lydia to be the perfect place for rest and relaxation. Chilling out to the sound of the crashing waves, and watching the pelicans, dolphins and whales cruise by - it was like a I died and went to heaven. I loved sleeping to the sound of the crashing waves on the rocks below - I have read that others found it disturbing - I found it to be like a meditation, or a medication of sorts.

The pool was fabulously refreshing and I was suprised by the number of people swimming in the ocean there, although I did not try that.

Awsome spot that looks just like the website advertises. We will return next year for sure.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 14 in San Francisco
Las Casitas de Maria
Las Casitas de Maria
#3 of 8 in San Francisco

Been to Bungalows Lydia? Share your experiences!