“My stay at Cielo in San Pancho, Mexico” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Cielo Rojo

Hotel Cielo Rojo
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in San Francisco
Loveland
“My stay at Cielo in San Pancho, Mexico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had an incredible week at this Motel. It is quaint and beautiful. I was impressed by the staff. Everyone spoke very good English and allowed me to practice my Spanish with them. Amenities that were available were these: free drinking water in my room, a nice shower and bathroom, free bikes which I could borrow and tour downtown, a restaurant that served a continental breakfast. I could pay for more entrees if I desired. They let me borrow the phone anytime I wanted to. The staff was incredibly friendly helpful and courteous. I enjoyed my stay very much and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room in the back of the hotel if you are worried about noise. My room was...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a hidden gem! Set in the small village of San Pancho north of Puerto Vallarta, this hotel is a true delight. The rooms are vintage Mexican style, very clean and comfortable. The on-site restaurant is fabulous - possibly the best food in town! The staff is so friendly and helpful. And it was great having free use of bikes to tour the town and get to the beach - which is just 2 blocks down the road. I'd give them an A+ rating, except for the barking of all the local dogs.

Room Tip: Room 8 - the Palapa is the best.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chapala, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Our first visit to San Pancho was great and Cielo Rojo helped make it so. The hotel is small (as we enjoy), clean and quiet. Located on a side street but an easy stroll to the main street and the playa. Surprisingly the hotel did not have face cloths, hair dryers or shampoo. But it did have helpful staff and wonderful food both for breakfast and dinner. We will return.

Room Tip: Can be a bit noisy in the rear rooms during dinner hours.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tofino
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

We spent a month in mexico and saw from best to worst. The Cielo Rojo was some of our best sleeps we had. The hotel is nicely situated just blocks from the beach. The food in the restaurant was excellent. But mostly the staff was some of the friendliest hotel staff I've ever come across. From management to cleaner and mostly the restaurant staff. I would recommend the Cielo Rojo to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ShaneRichards
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We spent 8 nights at Cielo Rojo and I have to say we were not the easiest guests due to some ongoing special needs because of my husband's bad back. The staff, from the managers to the waiters, housekeepers, and chef could not have been more caring and creative about accommodating all of these needs. They found a chair he could use comfortably, got ice for his pack and repeatedly froze his re-usable one, advised us about where to get a haircut, routes to nearby towns, current weather, you name it. For the first 5 nights we were given a bigger room than the one we had reserved, with no upgrade in price. The restaurant provided superb and beautifully presented food. I have to recommend the gorgeous fruit plate for breakfast and the lovely whole grain toast. And Cielo Rojo itself is a wonderful mix of Mexican adobe, artwork, flowers, candlelit stairs, a very special place indeed. It is just down from the main street, Tercer Mundo, the route to the beautiful beach which is a few blocks away. We could not have been happier staying at Cielo Rojo, and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The Primera room on the ground floor is small and looks out to the sidewalk, so I would recommend ch...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

After a week at Cielo Rojo in San Pancho I found it quite hard to return to LA. I have been to many places in the world, but never have I been treated to such amazing food, hospitality and overall positive vibes. The staff is extremely knowledgable and accommodating, the hotel is classy, authentic and chic, and Bistro Organico has, by far, the most talented chefs and best food in the region. The art and culture brewing in San Pancho isn't to be missed either. I highly recommend staying here for an extended period of time!

Room Tip: I checked out every room and they all have a great vibe. We stayed on the courtyard side.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here in July of 2012. It was off season. The town itself is quaint, with cobblestone streets, and lovely people.

This hotel is cute, clean, and has wonderful air conditioning. But the main thing that drew me in was the organic food I read so much about here on tripadvisor. And I wasn't disappointed. When I wasn't eating ceviche on the beach, I enjoyed some amazing meals at this lovely little hotel.

The staff was very friendly.

This hotel is in town. The walk to the beach is a good 5 minutes away. It's not far. It's a nice easy walk. The hotel will give you a beach chair to carry on your back if you wish.

If I were to return to San Pancho, I doubt I'd go in July, as the mosquitoes loved me too much. But it was a beautiful place and I felt completely safe as a solo traveler.

The beach in San Pancho isn't really that swimmable that time of year. But if you walk down to the end, it might be do-able. I did see some of the locals catching the waves.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are very quiet. The pool is more of a plunge pool, or suitable for small kids...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
#11 of 11 in Punta de Mita
Hostal San Pancho
Hostal San Pancho
#2 of 14 in San Francisco

Been to Hotel Cielo Rojo? Share your experiences!