“What a view!”

Ranked #33 of 52 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: La Playa is located on the beautiful beach of San Pancho where you can see whales, a large variety of birds and crocodiles! Located right next to a beautiful estuary.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

If one wanted to, one could make La Playa a destination for devotion and pilgrimage! It has many aspects of a "religious" experience.

--The view of the beach and the amazing sunsets brings one into another realm.

--The food and libations are heavenly.

--The mango margaritas, in particular, allow one to reach new spiritual heights.

I don't need to say anymore....

1  Thank YayoNorCal

Reviewed December 28, 2012

right on the beach--a great place to stop for great food and drink. We tried a variety of items on the menu but especially liked the guacamole and chips. salsa great too.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I can't say enough about La Playa. First of all you can't beat sitting on the sand watching the ocean while eating. I have seen surfers, I have seen a whale and sometimes just the pelicans.
Everything I ever had here is great. I love the shrimp tacos for a light meal and the carne assada for a big one. My husband loved the burger, my friends loved the ceviche.
Friendly staff.
It is the southern-most restaurant - on your left as you face the ocean.

1  Thank sanpanchocasa
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Very tasty. good quality ingredients, fresh veggies. Meat grilled perfectly. Excellent friendly service.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Spend the whole day here sitting on the beach. We ordered beers and few drinks along with a few different snacks. Everything we tried was good. The service was great. The guys were always coming around checking to see if we needed anything.