“A whole other planet called paradise!”
other travelers have booked this property
View from the beach-Paradise!
The view of sister property, Villa Caleta from Casa Mirador rooftop deck. Book both villas together! Exterior view of the main Villa, with stunning views of the ocean
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
View from the beach-Paradise!
Exterior view of the main Villa, with stunning views of the ocean
Welcome to Villa Violeta!
The main villa of Violeta at night
Looking down from the Palapa Suite
Beautiful dinner on the yoga deck
Dinner at one of the many dining locations throughout the property
Start your morning off with breakfast and a stunning view
Float above the ocean in Violeta's heated pool
The view north up the beautiful Nayarit coastline. Sister property Villa Caleta across the beach!
View of the yoga deck and pool
Casa Coco is perfect to house a family or two couples
Casa Coco's upper deck
Sunrise from Casa Coco's deck
Full view of the main floor of Casa Coco.  King bed, living room area, kitchette and an upper loft
King size bed with an ocean view in Casa Coco's main floor level
The entrance to the wrap around deck on the main floor of Casa Coco
Casa Coco's living room
Looking down on Casa Coco's living room from the loft with 2 queens
Casa Coco's loft, perfect for the kids
Canopy King bed in lower private level of Casa Coco.  Stunning Views!
Clawfoot bathtub and sitting area of lower level in Casa Coco
Private king bed accommodation in the lower level of Casa Coco
Take a bath while gazing at the ocean and beach below
The entrance to lovely Casa Nido…the love nest.
King bed inside Casa Nido
Casa Nido from the beach
King bed in the Palapa suite that can be split into 2 twins
King bed in the Palapa suite that can be split into 2 twins
Queen and twin beds in the palapa suite
Relax on the beach at our 'beach club'
King bed above the ocean in Casa Mirador
Take a siesta on the secluded outdoor couch below Casa Mirador
Welcome to Casa Mirador
A twin and full bed await you in the Palapa suite
The main villa bathroom with outdoor shower can be shared by the guests in the Palapa Suite
The yoga deck with lounge chairs outside of Casa Mirador
Get lost in a book on the stunning deck to be shared by all guests above Casa Mirador
King bed in Casa Mirador
Have our staff shake a margarita for you at the main villa outdoor bar
The Casa Nido deck over the beach
Casa Nido bathroom with outdoor shower
Outdoor lounge in the main villa
Main Villa living room beneath the beautiful 60 foot palapa ceiling
Marvel at the beautiful 60 foot palapa ceiling
Another siesta zone in the hillside jungle above the ocean
Mirador bathroom
Casa Mirador's beautiful architecture
Hole one of the disc golf course awaits your throw on the beach
A real life corona commercial awaits you
The ladder that leads to the Casa Coco loft
Wake up to this view from your king bed in Casa Mirador
Casa Mirador king bed
Grab a friend and one of our kayaks and go explore the majestic, uninhabited coastline to the north
An tranquil outdoor bed is yet another place to catch an afternoon siesta
Cuddle up with a book or a loved one on the outdoor bed near the main villa
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Classiopi...
Los Angeles, California
“A whole other planet called paradise!”
Reviewed June 9, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I had the good fortune of staying at this awesome property. I slept in Violeta and spent most of my time in the house, Villa Caleta, that is separated by a private beach because of our group situation. Each villa is equally as awesome. If you are a large group I highly recommend booking both villas so this magical place is entirely yours, but sharing the beach with one other small group is not a bad thing either. Our group had both villas so we were totally in our own world.

At Violeta, I stayed in a single structure on a cliff above the ocean call Mirador and it is stunning! The whole room is beautiful sliding wood and glass doors that go out to a balcony so you are practically one with the ocean and view. It is definitely a room for lovers (it's a sexy room) or close friends since the bathroom is kind of part of the room but who can argue with a gigantic tub/ shower that has views overlooking the ocean? All the beds/ bedding in each room are super comfy and chic. Above the room is a private deck on the roof that makes you feel you are in the middle of the ocean. There is also a beautiful yoga deck just outside of mirador as well by the Villa Violeta pool that is definitely worth noting. Another night, I had a great stay in a little cozy cabana on the same property called Nito. The rooms in Villa Caleta are stunning too, with thoughtful finishes from the bedding to the tiles they chose for the bathroom.

Each morning I got up and strolled over the beach to Villa Caleta and had coffee and then breakfast on the gorgeous deck at 9am.
The table was set very nicely for each meal. Breakfast for our group was usually fresh fruit and juices, and a mexican type of egg dish. I know they can cook to your dietary needs there. Our group was easy and we just let them prepare whatever they wanted and the food was great and as fresh as it can get. Some of our group went fishing and gave the catch to the chef. That was one of the best pieces of prepared fish I've ever had and the ceviche was amazing as well. So were the cocktails! Dinners were all three course starting with a composed salad, entree and side, and a homemade desert.

Both houses have really good sound systems and are designed for and by music lovers. We had a constant Sonos "war" going and spent our nights listening to music we picked off our own spotify lists via wifi in Villa Caleta and then one night played records (there is an awesome collection) at Villa Violeta. Any time we were at Caleta we had music going... a breakfast playlist, a poolside playlist... There were even mini Marshall amps in each room at Caleta for your iphone (or guitar if you brought it).
I'm really into music, so having this as part of our accommodation made the trip that much better. They also have a charging station, which made things easier.

(It sounds crazy to spend a paragraph reviewing sonos and bose speakers at a villa, but it's these details that sets Violeta and Caleta apart. They really think about your experience here from the soap and shampoo they provide in the bathrooms to the wood they chose for the bed frames to the sound systems. Everything is thought about and it made the stay there so nice.)

During the day we hung on the beach swimming, kayaking, and playing disc golf. Then going up to the pool for swimming and cocktails and then dinner on the deck. Yessica, who runs both villas can help organize any activity for you from fishing to yoga, but it's hard to leave once you get there. She was also very helpful with anything else we needed. We went to the near by town called San Pancho for shopping and lunch one day and that was a nice excursion. (Eat at Barricuda, it's awesome!) Sayulita is also very close, but again, you will have a hard time leaving this "whole other planet called paradise."

Courtney...
“A trip we'll not soon forget...”
Reviewed February 20, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Wanted to take a moment to let the world know how magical our time was at Villa Violeta and Villa Caleta. Our 20 person family rented both - 10 adults, 10 children (ages 7-15). It was a dream vacation for all! The staff was incredible (the homes were impeccably clean and well organized and the food was fresh/delicious. Yesika and the team made sure we always had fresh beverages and guacamole, even the coolers brought to the beach were full of cold beer and water! We were safe and secluded and well taken care of. From pinatas to a beach bonfire, from sun up to sun down (weather was unbelievable - not buggy/too hot), every one of us would tell you it was a trip of a lifetime...one we're sure to experience again (and again!). Why reinvent the wheel! We've found it! xo

Susan S
Los Angeles, California
“Heaven on earth, this is what dreams are made of!”
Reviewed September 8, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I'm still searching for the right words to adequately express just how special Villa Violeta is. It's not only one of the most truly exquisitely beautiful spots on the planet--with the combination of secluded beach and jungle--but the indoor/outdoor respect of the environment and incredible luxury at the same time is a feast for the senses...as is the totally wonderful care and attention by the ownership/staff/chef/everyone on the premises. From the moment you arrive you are in the amazing presence of a most caring staff--you will meet Yesika who is the most dear and accommodating, sweet, energetic woman ever. You will feast on 3 gourmet and beautifully presented meals a day, due to the expertise of Chef Exael----each meal more spectacular than the last--the array of fresh ceviches is astounding!! And the gracious mixologist Martin will customize your bar order each evening...one particularly delicous specialty is his tamarind margarita! The private beach is perfect for swimming, kayaking, body surfing, and snorkeling. The pool is divine. The sunsets are breathtaking. The rooms are dreamy, airy, palapa- domed! Could NOT be a more relaxing, gorgeous, and all around delightful getaway on earth. This is a rare and wonderful place. I am whole-heartedly grateful for our stay at the Villa! It is a celebration of LA VIDA!!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
JeffandTr...
Kansas City, Missouri
“Luxurious adventure”
Reviewed April 27, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

Villa Violeta is fantastic, as long as your fit enough to handle the many different levels. We spent 4 nights with our 8 and 11 year olds and friends with similarly aged children. Everything about our stay was fantastic. The staff is wonderful, which is especially amazing considering how far "off the grid" you feel. One thing to know: There are only really 2 good "adult" rooms. Mirador and downstairs at Coco. The middle level at Coco would be fine for a couple, but there is no bathroom on that floor. The beach area is about as good as I can imagine anywhere. Beautiful sand, coconuts, a small stream coming out of the mountains. The projector movie room was really fantastic for keeping the kids busy while the adults had post-dinner cocktails and talk. All in all, the practically perfect vacation.

Traveling group: Young Children
elysium24...
elysium246
“A Returning Customer to Paradise”
Reviewed April 13, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

I am apprehensive to write a review as I don't want other people to find out about this place, but I owe it to the owner and team that make this place so special. I stayed here with a group of friends last year, and recently returned for a long weekend. It was just as special this second time around, and Yesika and her team were incredibly welcoming and kind.

If you are looking for 7-star luxury (i.e., Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, et al), then this is not your ideal choice (nor is anywhere in San Pancho). But if you are looking for a truly private paradise with unparalleled fresh cooking, scenery, extremely comfortable accommodations, and spectacular views and relaxation, I cannot think of a better place for your vacation. Having been to nearly 100 countries and experienced all levels of experiences, I have finally found my home away from home that provides a unique experience.

As other reviews have stated, you need to drive through the town of San Pancho, and after about a 10min car ride on a dirt road through the jungle, you come upon the private beach, where both of their properties sit on each side of the cliff (their other property is just as beautiful, just different). For larger groups, Villa Violeta is probably better, but you can't go wrong with either one of them.

I could elaborate a lot more, but suffice it to say, this is true paradise. And while the owner doesn't always reply super promptly as some potential guests might expect, he is very friendly, communicative, and supportive. Yesika and her team have this place running very smoothly.

For those that don't speak Spanish, just know that not all of the staff speak fluent English (but they all are proficient). But this is not a hinderance as Yesika can accommodate anything and we never encountered any issues. Hopefully you get Excsael as your chef during some parts of your stay - I want to clone him and open a restaurant in the US!

Enjoy your Paradise stay - there is a reason all the reviews are 5-stars!!

Traveling group: Friends
MrsAndiro...
“Magical”
Reviewed April 11, 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

I spent 11 nights at Villa Violeta to celebrate a milestone birthday, and I can honestly say it was the most magical vacation of my life.

THE VILLA: Luxury isn’t quite the right word for it. I mean, the experience of being there is luxurious but it’s not because it’s some fancy & fawning resort. What it *is* is lovely, sweet, thoughtful, comfortable, rustic, ingenious, tasteful, incredible charming, Swiss Family Robinson meets understated, relaxed tropical resort. Lots of little rooms, beds, hammocks, sitting areas, and decks with stunning views. It’s huge, and spread out such that you can always find a quiet nook for a nap or a place to gather in twos, threes, or tens. The spacious-ness yet cozy-ness is one of the Villa's best features.

THE PROPERTY: Getting there is a trip – that jungle road is something else – but that only enhances the sense that you are realllllly away. When you arrive, it feels like Shangri La and, really, it is! Gorgeous views from pretty much everywhere. We saw flowers, hummingbirds, butterflies that we’d never seen before. Loved the mostly private beach with very crashy waves (mostly not swimmable, btw. Wade-able, yes.). The waves are LOUD – bring ear plugs! Oh, and you must like stairs! The stairs up and down to the beach are no joke, and make sure you have rubber soled sturdy shoes. You earn that delicious food (see below!).

THE ROOMS: The first half of my trip was girlfriends (nine of us) and everyone had their own bed, three in private rooms and six in semi-private or shared rooms. The second half of the trip was seven couples. Three couples had entirely private rooms, but four couples had only semi-private (a loft above another area, for example). I think five couples there would be perfect (but it was not a big deal at all to have some folks semi-private).

THE FOOD: We took advantage of the chef availability and enjoyed three totally yummy pescetarian/vegetarian meals a day prepared by Teresa or Exael every day. Chilaquilles, frijoladas, huevos rancheros, ceviche, whole snapper, cheese enchiladas mole, potato taquitos, smoked fish tacos, tostada salads, fresh fruit and juices, and so much more - alllll great, we loved every meal. Oh, and the beautiful table decorations each evening - Martin would gather flowers from the property and create a charming ambiance. If we do it again, we might do two meals a day (a late breakfast and then dinner) with some veggies, chips, and salsa in the afternoon. We ate very very well (maybe TOO well!) for an extremely reasonable price (about $30 per person per day, including most but not all alcohol).

TRANSPORTATION: Villa Violeta is indeed remote. I am so glad we did NOT get our own car. It stressed me out to not have a car at first (what if we need more wine?). Turned out to be a non-issue, honestly. The staff took care of all our needs. We hired a van to take us on excursions to San Pancho and Sayulita a few times but wouldn’t do that again. Oh, maybe one trip to San Pancho at sunset for dinner. That’s it. I’d skip going elsewhere. The villa is where most of us preferred to be.

THE SERVICE: I have never felt so taken care of as I did at Villa Violeta. One word: YESIKA. Yesika, Yesika, Yesika. She is kind, smart, accommodating, easygoing, and basically just damn good at her job. She takes care of everything you need without that fussy fake hospitality thing. It’s like your best friend is making sure you have a great time. And, the rest of the staff is equally wonderful. I already mentioned Teresa, Exael, and Martin (delightful!). I can’t fail to mention Lalo, part caretaker, part guy who appears on the beach with a cooler full of water, wine and beer exactly when you need it – oh yes. And, the housekeepers who put little flowers on the pillows. So sweet!

OTHER STUFF TO NOTE:
- The wifi ain’t great. That was GOOD in the end. It made all of us realize how much time we usually spend on stupid social media documenting the good time versus just having it. Also, we couldn’t really work! Crazy, and much needed.

- Be careful how much you drink! The stairs are everywhere and there aren’t rails all the time (I’d love a few more rails, but I have Stair Fear).

- The pool is so cool and refreshing. We swam under the stars every night before bed.

- They have a great game selection!

- And, a great movie selection…that we never took advantage of even once.

- It was hot and humid when we were there in early December. I guess it gets even more hot and humid at other times, which is hard to believe. I HATE hot and humid, but I was totally fine. Usually there was a breeze. And most of the rooms had fans that we definitely used. However, I am an idiot and brought way too much clothing. I basically needed a cotton sundress everyday. That is all.

- OH! They have hats for you to wear! We all wore them – and claimed our own hats for the week, basically. That was one of my favorite things there.

Okay that’s it. I love Villa Violeta. I’m headed back soon.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Natural beauty and staff
Liked least: Nothing!
Traveling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Paz S
Los Angeles, California
“Seculded beachfront in the magical jungle. Equals Relaxing and Top Notch”
Reviewed November 23, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

Villa Viotela is pure magic to stay at. We are all still on a high from it.
From Peurta Vallarta you drive about an hour to the property. The last 15 minutes is a private road in that winds through the jungle.
Then it's the most gorgeous piece of beach, private cove, and ideal place to relax. The ocean water was about 70 degrees and there are many shady places in the cove for our kids to build sand castles and explore. Provided there for your enjoyment are: Sand toys, beach chairs, beach towels, snorkel gear, boogie boards... You don't have to bring any of that.
Our group of 12 people, ranging from 1.5 years old to 60 years old, didn't leave the property until it was time to go back to the airport four days later. There was no reason to leave in my opinion.
The staff is excellent. They can help arrange anything you need. One day some people went on a fishing excursion that was arranged by the staff, and then the chef grilled the fish that was caught that night for dinner. The boat comes right up to the beach and then drops you back off -- Again, there's no need to leave the private area.
We used a few of their great sitters to watch the kids. The staff serves lunch on the beach if you want -- fresh ceviche and coolers with beer and fresh juices. One night they built a huge bonfire in the sand at our request.
There are outdoor sleep / lounge areas and outdoor showers and a yoga deck and a private area for massages which are arranged by the staff....
The list goes on. There are bars throughout the property too -- so you can have cocktail hours at different decks... It's like having a fantasy island all to yourself. It was a special trip for all of us, and the property feels private and safe and calm and friendly.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The design and comfort of the house, and the fabulous fresh meals.
Liked least: Nothing negative to write.
Traveling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing