“Excellent morning to night”
Review of Cafe del Mar - CLOSED

Cafe del Mar
alberta
“Excellent morning to night”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had several breakfasts and one memorable supper of Red Snapper. Real good dining and the service was friendly and efficient.

• Visited February 2013

Sebastopol, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“this restaurant is a cut above!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Three friends and I all enjoyed dinner and then breakfast the following morning at the incomparable cafe del mar. We had eaten out all week, and the food here was clearly a cut above anywhere else we had gone. The fresh red snapper, with all the bones meticulously removed, was sublime! It was delicate and flavorful, wrapped in leaves and beautifully balanced with avocado and pineapple on the side. We enjoyed watching the street activity from our open- aired outside seating. I heartily recommend Cafe del Mar.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank laura g
Venice, CA, USA
“A foodie delight!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

You can only eat so many tacos until you need a break and when that time comes, you must go to cafe del Mar. Everything is so light and fresh and the servers are educated on their constantly changing dishes, so make sure to ask them. Our server recommended the Mahi Mahi tiradito which was perfectly flavored and had a nice crunch. And then, one of the most amazing dishes I have ever encountered: the red snapper! It was wrapped in a leaf which kept it moist and then had a surprise thin crunch that almost reminded me of chicken. To balance the hint of salt was a grilled pineapple topped with chunky avocado. This dish is truly perfection and could go against any of the best restaurants in my town of Los Angeles.

The drinks are also impressive. Their bartender really knows her stuff and takes pride in her creations. Everything is made from natural juices. Be careful because they will spoil you so that every other drink in town tastes artificial.

And the decor is out of an architectural digest magazine. I love the garden growing fresh herbs used in my drink!

I will be back!!!

1 Thank Hayley M
Sebastopol, CA
“The red snapper fillet was the best tasting meal”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The newly located Cafe del Mar is even better than they were in the last couple of years.

Unbelievably people haven't seemed to discover that. The new place has tables facing the street and a garden seating in the back.

We started with the shrimp, grapefruit and avocado salad. It was tasty and refreshing and not too filling. So we had plenty of room for the snapper ( which I had a bite of the week before). It was extremely fresh and there was a slight delay while while the chef filleted it, removing all those little bones. Unbelievable favors in the sauce and the leaf they wrapped it in.
Desserts were great too, apple tart was great and the chocolate mousse was dark and rich.

My first visit I had the shrimp masala, once I got over the shock of it not being shrimp in a heavy masala sauce I expected, I enjoyed the herbed shrimp with the sweet watermelon pico de gallo accompanying it.

But I am still dreaming about the snapper!

• Visited January 2013
Sebastopol,CA
“second time new location”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

and much easier to find downtown san pancho.. The tequila basil mojito was something I was dreaming about, and now it will be the Hoya Santo wrapped Snapper with grilled pineapple and Cilantro lime avocado.. 4 stars since the desserts are ovepriced and mediocre. Love the food thogh!

• Visited November 2012