“Great, if you really like salt and bad service”
Review of Bistro Organico

Bistro Organico
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In the Patio, Hotel Cielo Rojo offers healthy and delicious food that pays tribute to the area's abundance of fresh seafood and indigenous produce. The bar features a unique collection of artisanal tequila, wine, and cocktails in its eclectic garden patio. The menu is exquisite yet reasonably priced. Together with Bistro Organico we’ve created a lovely and delightful experience. The ambience is intimate and friendly. The service is excellent. Welcome!We support, local, Organic, susteinable, and slow food movement.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

First off I have to say this restaurant is very beautiful. The open courtyard is airy and nicely lit at night. But be aware that if you are at a table for two, and a table of four rich gringos walks in, so much for the service. Prepare to be ignored. Unless you like having to order a glass of water three times. The food has so much salt on it, you NEED the water. There are many better, cheaper options in this lovely little town. Really overpriced.

1  Thank Hunter C

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is my second season in San Pancho and I can't believe I have just recently experienced breakfast at Ceilo Rojo.........it was just as amazing as their dinner! Great atmosphere, great food, amazing coffee y jugos. Definitely put breakfast and dinner at Ceilo Rojo on your list!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Dining in the courtyard in the evening was very pleasant. There were musicians performing the night we ate there. Food was excellent, though not necessarily 100% organic. Very friendly and competent staff. Lots of locals meet here apparently.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The first time we visited we ordered only appetizers, salads, soup, and dessert so we could taste a wide range of dishes. Every one we had was excellent with our favorites the mixed mushrooms in a lava bowl a favorite. We hate sweet sauces and sweet dressings so appreciated the savory nature of everything. Our salads were especially good and the berry pie with pecan crumble again was not sickening sweet but tart and tasty.

The second time my husband had a shrimp entree and I had the pumpkin seed encrusted mahi-mahi. I am not a fish lover (and actually have to make myself eat most fish because I know it's so good for me) but this fish I could very easily order again as it had no fishy taste and it was done just so it was cooked so it was moist and juicy unlike most fish that is so overcooked and dry that you can barely swallow it. The only time I have ever had better fish was straight out of the ocean at Hopkins, Belize, and cooked in a local's home but this one at Bistro Organico was a very close second.

The quality of the food at this little San Pancho restaurant is leaps and bounds over any other restaurant there, and most of them are actually very decent.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

How else would we have known to have dinner at this superb restaurant? Food, service, ambiance, experience--truly memorable. Go. Enjoy.