“Fantastic Food”
Review of Bistro Organico

Bistro Organico
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In the Patio, Hotel Cielo Rojo offers healthy and delicious food that pays tribute to the area's abundance of fresh seafood and indigenous produce. The bar features a unique collection of artisanal tequila, wine, and cocktails in its eclectic garden patio. The menu is exquisite yet reasonably priced. Together with Bistro Organico we’ve created a lovely and delightful experience. The ambience is intimate and friendly. The service is excellent. Welcome!We support, local, Organic, susteinable, and slow food movement.
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Superlatives fail in describing the cuisine at Cielo Rojo. The four of us arrived hours before dinner, and the staff kindly seated us and offered beverages from the bar. We opted for the house speciality – basil mint mojitos. The bartender hand mulled the basil and fresh peppermint and the result was outstanding. It is easily the best mojito I’ve ever had – and we all agreed to stay for dinner. While we sat in the picturesce patio – we watched the chef hand making the fettucini and baking bread for the dinner hour. If we hadn’t had our minds made up to stay for dinner by then, the smells from the outdoor kitchen would have caused us to do so.

I opted to make 3 appetizers my meal, while the other three of us decided to each try a different entree. I opted for smoked Marlin tacos, a molcajete bowl of fresh, wild mushrooms and a platter of local artisan cheeses. Each of the appetizers were large, and I’m glad I didn’t opt for a fourth appetizer! The Marlin was lightly smoked and not salty, and the freshness of the fish was evident in each bite. I’ll confess I’ve not eaten much Marlin before, but my impression is that I was treated to some of the best. The molcajete bowl was large, and stuffed with a variety of mushrooms. This truly could serve as an entree, and the flavor and texture combinations exceeded any expectations I had. The last “appetizer” was the platter of cheese, which I was thankful I saved for last. Five separate varieties were presented on top of fresh apples, garnished with a variety of olives. Subtle flavors were present in each of the cheeses and the textures truly deserved the ‘artisan’ description on the menu.

While I was in appetizer heaven, warm fresh baked bread was served to the table and we all took turns dipping it into oil and balsamic vinegar. The generously sized spinach salad arrived shortly afterward. The ensuing “oohs” and “aahs” gave me the impression that it was as fresh as it looked. Shortly afterwards, it was time for entrees. Fresh fettucini with olives, mushrooms, baby tomatoes cooked in light olive oil arrived across the table. (the chef’s usage of oil vs. cream made this meal delightful) To my right, enormous prawns cooked in coconut oil garnished with fresh coconut flakes drew rave reviews, and to my left – fresh Mahi-Mahi garnished with baby pumpkin seeds, dill and homemade rice did the same.

It almost goes without mentioning that we ate far more than we thought we could. By the time we sampled the mousse, we were too stuffed to order any. (our only dissapointment) Collectively we agreed it was one of freshest, most outstanding meals we have had in a long time. I’d recommend any visitor to San Pancho start their culinary journey here. The staff is friendly, the atmosphere romantic and warm, and the food unbelievable. The only true challenge is attempting to convey just *how* good it all is. Suffice to say, we’re going back for the mousse before we return home…

Reviewed January 23, 2012

We stumbled onto the Bistro Organica/ Hotel Cielo after getting lost trying to find another restaurant. We wanted a "nice" dinner out, with good wine , food and atmosphere, and we found it here. We were there on a slow night, and the staff went out of their way to make sure we comfortable and happy with everything. The food was beautifully presented, and had very clean, light preparations that were both tasty and healthy...a bit like "spa" or "natural" food for lack of better term. Their home made whole grain bread was wonderful, and the rice that came with the dish was brown rice . My husband had the Mahi Mahi and I had the Relleno stuffed with smoked Marlin. We started with corn soup..delicious. This is a nice place for a romantic dinner, or even one of the interesting house cocktails and features a lovely courtyard with a small pool. Prices were a bit higher than some of the other places in town. Dinner ran about 650 pesos before tip..that was with a bottle of wine, one beer, two entrees and one soup.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

We've been at this hotel, restaurant, boutique many times each time we return to San Pancho and it never disappoints. We reserved a table last month for the Christmas eve dinner and was treated to a wonderful meal and ambience. The food was prepared with much care and thought. The staff were so warm and very accommodating. In the middle of the dinner, beautiful music by local musicians enliven the dining area and made for a very memorable evening. They are noted for their special tequila, their organic cuisine, their chic boutique...but it is the people who work there that are the gems of the place. We highly recommend Hotel Cielo Rojo as a destination place for anyone going to the Riviera Nayarit.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

we went several times for breakfast and enjoyed the home made bread and beautiful plating. we were so pleasantly surprised to have a maccha green tea with almond milk! once when we were there for lunch we were treated by the lovely owner and staff to a traditional tequila spread with pieces of sweet agave cactus to taste. it was a highlight of our trip.
gracias and see you soon edson!

Reviewed November 24, 2011

My wife and I just returned from San Pancho where we had our second fantastic meal and experience at the Cafe Organico in the Hotel Cielo Rojo. The food was delicious and practically prepared before our eyes by the very creative and friendly chef. The grapefruit and avocado salad was amazing and our entrees of locally caught fish and shrimp was just the right amount of food. We were there for the first time in March and had a similar experience, so this place seems to be very consistent. The courtyard of the hotel, where the tables are, is very quiet and the ambiance is great.