YS Falls
Black River and YS Falls Sightseeing Cruise from Montego Bay
$140.00*
Black River, YS Falls and Appleton Rum Estate Day Trip from Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful series of waterfalls just off the Black River, lined with plenty of picnic areas for pleasant afternoon lunches al fresco.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went to YS Falls as a group of 6 and we had a blast. The falls are beautiful and it is not as busy. There are guides there to help you if you want. The guide was with us for about 2 hour told us where to go and help us to take pictures. We have lots of nice pictures thanks to him.I would go back there again.
I went to dunns river in 2010 and I found YS Falls 100% alot better.
The only thing we did not like was the dive from MO BAY it is a long wind road.

1  Thank thenumberofthebeast
Write a ReviewReviews (1,634)

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was an amazing place to visit lots to do and our driver Tulla from Onestopmontegobay was amazing.
The only complaint I would of had was the drive up from Montego Bay to YS Falls is NOT for the weak stomached. The mountain ride was horrible and I thank God for Tulla being an amazing driver he was awesome. Thanks Tulla.
The Falls were great not as busy as Dunn's which was nice because it became slightly more personal and suited to our group our guide was great he operated every camera perfectly and figured things out on my own camera I could not figure out. It is beautiful and gorgeous and we loved every second of being there. So glad I found out about it as it was a once in a lifetime place to see.

1  Thank LisanPaul
Reviewed April 7, 2013

there are a lot of things in jamaica which are done quite dodgy but ys is falls has been done right. you park down the bottom and catch a jittney (tractor with trailor) up to the falls. there is food for purchase down the bottom that you can ask to be carried up at whatever time you like. when you get off the jittney they drop you at the gift shop. where you can buy souveniers, drinks, snacks etc. its a short walk to the falls and they are beautiful. they have a rope swing and zip line in the canopy if your game. there are two pools that are fed by the river which are really lovely and refreshing on a hot jamaica day.

3  Thank christie1981
Reviewed April 4, 2013

YS falls aren't too bad, but I had already been to the superior Reach falls (They are, however, superior to the Dunns River Ripoff!)

Once on the site, you are driven to the falls on a kind of combine harvester trailer, once nearer the falls, there is actually a really nice swimming pool.

The falls are okay, but the rocks are very slippy and they fall in lots of little sections, so there isn't a single expanse to swim in.

Very pretty surrounding countryside and the shop is very well stocked (and well priced considering where you are).

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Loved swimming in the lagoons... Make sure you go all the ay to the top, I thought it was the best swimming. Very scenic area with the Doctor Hummingbird flying around, lizards and exotic plants. They also have a zip line here but out tour did not have enough time to do that during this visit. Make sure you bring a waterproof camera to record the fun.

1  Thank Gordtgr