My husband planned a surprise weekend away to the lighthouse and it was fabulous! From the magical, mystery tour of a driveway to the blissful massage on arrival. From the delicious local restaurants (Junction 28 and The Elm Tree come highly recommended) to the relaxing midnight hot tub (newly installed in the last 5 weeks and very clean and powerful!) which took in the night lights of Wales - I cannot fault our visit at all!
Our bedroom was 'snug' (as had been advised) with a lovely four poster bed and spectacular views. It had a roomy bathroom and all was clean and tidy and full of an eclectic charm that is rarely seen in the pristine, generic hotels and B&B's that have become the norm. The owner Frank and his side-kick Sparky ,were incredibly friendly and couldn't do enough to make our stay as perfect as possible and Frank's incredible breakfasts deserve a mention alone!
The website of the hotel which I have perused on our return did not profess at any time to be 'luxurious' as seems to have been expected by the other reviewers but instead 'quaint' and 'a touch ramshackle'. In fact had it been any different it would have lost the individuality and the charm which made it a fascinating and highly recommended place to stay!Go Go Go!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Super B&B in a real Lighthouse, near Newport Gwent with 4-poster beds and a waterbed, all en-suite. There is a hot tub on the roof! Great for families, hen nights, birthday celebrations, special anniversaries. We now have a wedding license for up to 23 guests. When there is a group booking, the lighthouse is not available to others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your West Usk Lighthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Usk Lighthouse Hotel St. Brides Wentlooge
- West Usk Lighthouse Newport/St. Brides Wentlooge, Wales